User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ozil out?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 11.11%
  • Fuck yes

3 16.67%
  • Why did you even create a poll for this no-brainer?

6 33.33%
  • My name is N_Q and I love Ozil and I absolve him of his shitness because I am his bitch

7 38.89%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Ozil OUT. Yes or yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I can't respect a professional footballer that would rather sit games out and take the piss because he has a weak manager. It's no excuse.

Also, I don't think the next manager will tolerate it. Or I hope not. This is where we have a problem. If Ozil doesn't stop his game up under new management, we're going to be stuck with him.

This is why people say he's not fit to where the shirt. If you're saying he's taking the piss because he can, he's not fit to wear the shirt. I don't care how shit Wenger has been. It's the same sort of shit I won't accept from players like Xhaka and Mustafi. Certain things there is just no excuse for.
    None of them are fit to wear the shirt, are they? Except, perhaps, the very newest players who haven't had a chance to acclimatise to Wenger's world of piss taking - we will see. Fighting Burnley for 6th place? Not even bothering to turn up to a Euro semi? This is Wenger's world and these are the players who live there. A bizarre place that is unlikely to be replicated ever again.

But pushing to get rid of Ozil at the very moment of change is nonsensical. One of the key jobs for the new man will be to ensure all the players are not only fit to wear the shirt but also good enough. Which means we keep Ozil and get rid of Welbeck. Anything else is cutting our nose off to spite our face. We don't have the gypo's cash mountain so repairing the quality members of the squad we already have and deprogramming the players is a sensible route.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, we now also have a chief scout who is not a complete idiot. When you add up all of Wenger's idiocy and how it all combined to create such a shit show, we should have great expectations for a profound transformation in so many areas once the idiot has gone.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    None of them are fit to wear the shirt, are they? Except, perhaps, the very newest players who haven't had a chance to acclimatise to Wenger's world of piss taking - we will see. Fighting Burnley for 6th place? Not even bothering to turn up to a Euro semi? This is Wenger's world and these are the players who live there. A bizarre place that is unlikely to be replicated ever again.

But pushing to get rid of Ozil at the very moment of change is nonsensical. One of the key jobs for the new man will be to ensure all the players are not only fit to wear the shirt but also good enough. Which means we keep Ozil and get rid of Welbeck. Anything else is cutting our nose off to spite our face. We don't have the gypo's cash mountain so repairing the quality members of the squad we already have and deprogramming the players is a sensible route.
    The lengths you will go to justify a player taking time off and choosing when to play. What’s worse is the fact that you’ll talk about how influential he is and being our best player but at the same time justify him taking days off. Shouldn’t a player with that sort of talent be under more scrutiny if he has the ability to change a game for us? He should be doing everything he can to have an impact on the game. You should be embarrassed to defend this sort of diva like behaviour. It shouldn’t be acceptable. From anyone!

How can you even criticise Wenger if you’re willing to back a player that’s not giving his all and taking the absolute piss because of weak leadership but also milking the club for every penny he can? It’s different to other players because we can at least assume they run out of answers on the pitch and lose faith. But when you have a player as skilled as Ozil taking days off and not wanting to play…that’s not a team player or someone that cares about the club or fans. Fuck no is he worthy of this sort of praise from you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never has a player been afforded more excuses than Ozil, it’s always someone else’s doing that he can’t consistently perform for us. He’s no longer the assist king either, infact he barely features anymore in the charts for that.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 08-05-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Never has a player been afforded more excuses than Ozil, it’s always someone else’s doing that he can’t consistently perform for us. He’s no longer the assist king either, infact he barely features anymore in the charts for that.
    He's created more chances than anyone this season but De Bruyne

https://talksport.com/football/premi...0321276292?p=4

So one could argue that the lack of assists is more our strikers' incompetence than his.
    I remember that Southampton game last season when he created about 8 good chances and it finished 0-0.
    I like a good stat, me, but assists aren't the only relevant metric. If he's putting them on a plate and they're not being finished then that's not his fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He's created more chances than anyone this season but De Bruyne

https://talksport.com/football/premi...0321276292?p=4

So one could argue that the lack of assists is more our strikers' incompetence than his.
    I remember that Southampton game last season when he created about 8 good chances and it finished 0-0.
    I like a good stat, me, but assists aren't the only relevant metric. If he's putting them on a plate and they're not being finished then that's not his fault.
    When was the last time he put it on a plate for Aubameyang and Lacazette and they fucked it up? How often does he find either player?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe...not every chance Ozil has created has fallen to them? They've scored 8 and 17 goals respectively.
    We haven't had Aubameyang all season, Lacazette hasn't played as much as he should have.
    I think both are good strikers and I'm quite excited about our front line for next season.
    The general point is Ozil has been creating plenty of chance this season, if those haven't turned into assists then it's bizarre to completely blame Ozil for that, the other player has to do their bit too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Maybe...not every chance Ozil has created has fallen to them? They've scored 8 and 17 goals respectively.
    We haven't had Aubameyang all season, Lacazette hasn't played as much as he should have.
    I think both are good strikers and I'm quite excited about our front line for next season.
    The general point is Ozil has been creating plenty of chance this season, if those haven't turned into assists then it's bizarre to completely blame Ozil for that, the other player has to do their bit too.
    I've already gone over this and posted a video of what counts as a chance created. Any chance created that results in a shot in target counts as a created chance. So if Ozil pulls a Hleb and cuts the ball back to a player that's getting charged down and the shot gets blocked, that still counts as a chance created.

It speaks nothing of the quality. Also, it's a worry if he can't find quality strikers like Aube and Laca to finish chances. For example, if he's creating chances for overlapping wingbacks to blast into the side netting that's not something to rave about. We often get so congested down the middle there is no where else to go but wide and it ends up at the feet of the least threatening player. Unless you're Monreal.

Same goes if he's taking corners that result in a tame header or something that goes well wide. Those aren't chances to write or home about. Most of what he creates doesn't put the key players into great positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll wait and see what a new coach can get out of him but I expect more of the same if I'm honest. The same flaky performances with the odd freak game where he'll get a few assists and "remind" everyone of his ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I've already gone over this and posted a video of what counts as a chance created. Any chance created that results in a shot in target counts as a created chance. So if Ozil pulls a Hleb and cuts the ball back to a player that's getting charged down and the shot gets blocked, that still counts as a chance created.

It speaks nothing of the quality. Also, it's a worry if he can't find quality strikers like Aube and Laca to finish chances. For example, if he's creating chances for overlapping wingbacks to blast into the side netting that's not something to rave about. We often get so congested down the middle there is no where else to go but wide and it ends up at the feet of the least threatening player. Unless you're Monreal.

Same goes if he's taking corners that result in a tame header or something that goes well wide. Those aren't chances to write or home about. Most of what he creates doesn't put the key players into great positions.
    i agree but you can't overestimate the extent to which Wenger nerfed our team through making them pass pass pass instead of being more direct, plus playing the wrong lineup half the time - noone would find it easy trying to get Walcott and Welbeck to score.

but that can't explain the time off and it seems odd tbh but maybe there's something we don't know about, all the same it does leave a bad taste in the mouth considering what he's paid

i do think another manager might be able to get better - and more - performances out of him, so we may as well wait and see.

to me he's clearly more of a confidence player than most and Wenger as we know isn't a good man manager