User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ozil out?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 11.11%
  • Fuck yes

3 16.67%
  • Why did you even create a poll for this no-brainer?

6 33.33%
  • My name is N_Q and I love Ozil and I absolve him of his shitness because I am his bitch

7 38.89%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ozil OUT. Yes or yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    The lengths you will go to justify a player taking time off and choosing when to play. What’s worse is the fact that you’ll talk about how influential he is and being our best player but at the same time justify him taking days off. Shouldn’t a player with that sort of talent be under more scrutiny if he has the ability to change a game for us? He should be doing everything he can to have an impact on the game. You should be embarrassed to defend this sort of diva like behaviour. It shouldn’t be acceptable. From anyone!

How can you even criticise Wenger if you’re willing to back a player that’s not giving his all and taking the absolute piss because of weak leadership but also milking the club for every penny he can? It’s different to other players because we can at least assume they run out of answers on the pitch and lose faith. But when you have a player as skilled as Ozil taking days off and not wanting to play…that’s not a team player or someone that cares about the club or fans. Fuck no is he worthy of this sort of praise from you.
    Sorry, but our fucking club captain was clapped off the pitch over the weekend for taking the last 2 years off. Under Wenger this has been a very fucked up club. All change now and it seems reasonable to suggest that anyone who doesn't want to change is out. But letting the new guy get his feet under the desk is long way from making excuses for Ozil - which I didn't do btw, in fact I have been singling out his random holidays for weeks now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Sorry, but our fucking club captain was clapped off the pitch over the weekend for taking the last 2 years off. Under Wenger this has been a very fucked up club. All change now and it seems reasonable to suggest that anyone who doesn't want to change is out. But letting the new guy get his feet under the desk is long way from making excuses for Ozil - which I didn't do btw, in fact I have been singling out his random holidays for weeks now.
    Merts is at retirement age where he's more of liability on the pitch and has more use to us coaching behind the scenes. Ozil is in peak condition and these should be his best years. Are you really comparing the two situations?

Also, how many times do I have to repeat myself on this? I'm not saying we should sell Ozil before the new guy arrives, I'm saying Ozil needs to sort himself out when the new guy arrives. The amount of sick days he takes won't have gone unnoticed and the amount of no shows on the pitch will also be issue. Whoever takes over will either want to push him beyond the shite we've seen so far or show him the exit. Especially if it looks like he's not training hard and coasting during a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merts is at retirement age where he's more of liability on the pitch and has more use to us coaching behind the scenes. Ozil is in peak condition and these should be his best years. Are you really comparing the two situations?

Also, how many times do I have to repeat myself on this? I'm not saying we should sell Ozil before the new guy arrives, I'm saying Ozil needs to sort himself out when the new guy arrives. The amount of sick days he takes won't have gone unnoticed and the amount of no shows on the pitch will also be issue. Whoever takes over will either want to push him beyond the shite we've seen so far or show him the exit. Especially if it looks like he's not training hard and coasting during a game.
    Of course it's the same thing. At what other club would you see any of this? The captain benched for 2 years writing about how he doesn't fancy playing any more and the star player on holiday all the time? It could only be Wenger's Arsenal.

Accountability. Wenger never had any and he never demanded any from his players either. A disaster that now has to be undone.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Of course it's the same thing. At what other club would you see any of this? The captain benched for 2 years writing about how he doesn't fancy playing any more and the star player on holiday all the time? It could only be Wenger's Arsenal.

Accountability. Wenger never had any and he never demanded any from his players either. A disaster that now has to be undone.
    As said, the lengths you go to justify Ozil's disappearing act. If you can't tell the difference between a player that's in peak physical condition choosing not to play because he doesn't fancy it over a player about to retire and taking on a player/coach role, I can't help you. It boils down to professional pride. You mention accountability but always fail to hold the players accountable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said, the lengths you go to justify Ozil's disappearing act. If you can't tell the difference between a player that's in peak physical condition choosing not to play because he doesn't fancy it over a player about to retire and taking on a player/coach role, I can't help you. It boils down to professional pride. You mention accountability but always fail to hold the players accountable.
    And what utility did they club get from either of the players when they were missing? And if Merts wasn't fit to play then why has he been on the payroll for the last 2 years? Professional pride? A far worse case of absence, but he's clapped off as a hero?

No, sorry. You need to defend your constant sniping at Ozil by insisting I have been excusing his absences when, in every recent match thread, you'll find posts by me to the contrary. This thread, even by your own admission, remains as irrelevant as ever because there's no way anything is happening with Ozil until the new guy gets in.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charity FC, that's Arsenal. So many players have been on our books for sentiment only. Per should have been gone a couple of years ago. The money we've paid him we could have got better defender in.Ozil shouldn't have been given such a pay rise and then be allowed to not play. It's not as if he plays half the time when he's on the pitch. He is a good player, but we can't afford passengers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44122247

He should not be posing with that despot. Arsenal shirt in tow as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Charity FC, that's Arsenal. So many players have been on our books for sentiment only. Per should have been gone a couple of years ago. The money we've paid him we could have got better defender in.Ozil shouldn't have been given such a pay rise and then be allowed to not play. It's not as if he plays half the time when he's on the pitch. He is a good player, but we can't afford passengers.
    Totally agree, Mertersacker shouldn't even have been kept at the club, was never much of a leader or a player who led by example, was never anything special for us either, like you said we should have moved him on years ago and brought a quality CB in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post

i agree - very disappointing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post

He shouldn't have an Arsenal shirt. But no International can be criticised for engaging in promotion. That's what the World Cup is mostly about these days.

Maybe the puffed up Jihadi has a couple of gunmen just out of shot to make sure the players smile broadly enough.
    Für eure Sicherheit