User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Red Star Belgrade (away)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction vs Red Star Belgrade (away)

Great win.

Well a win anyway.

Bif's goal was fantastic, so was Wheelchair's little burst and Theo's involvement too.

The rest of the match was absolute shite.

Well done to Coquelin for cheating though, got us the win you could say.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Wilshere looked good in places, certainly far superior to any performance put in by any of our other central midfielders this season.

Walcott - looks like a spiv, plays like a mong

Giroud - completely and totally absent until his goal. How does someone who appears so gangly and uncoordinated score such goals?

Reiss Nelson looks like another promising youngster who Wenger will ruin.

The teams we put out and nine points at this stage, just shows what a load of shit this competition is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ty
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re going to win this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take 90th min winners like this any day over getting tonked 5-0 to barca.

As for the game, Walcott was useless. Nelson was crap. Still don't see what the hype is about.

Wilshere was excellent.

Girouds making a habit of scoring spectacular goals.

It's ours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remarkable spirit eh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41624826

There's not an ounce of spirit in this squad and a scraped win against a minnow from Eastern Europe proves little. Not being funny but for any decent side this was a gimme, yes we beat them but it was hardly anything amazing, they're not exactly Real Madrid.

Wenger should be taking this competition more seriously, we'll be nowhere in the league and this is our best chance of qualifying for the CL, although looking at some of the teams that might dropout from the CL, not sure we've got a great chance of winning this, especially given Wengers horrible record in Europe.
    Last edited by Özim; 20-10-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Wenger should be taking this competition more seriously.
    We've won every game
    Elsewhere you've argued that Wenger disrespected the FA Cup...having won it 3 years out of the last 4 and him being the all time record winner of it.
    You are silly.

We're not going to win the league but some rotation is needed if we're going to try and compete in 4 competitions. You're the one who said we have good squad depth, why not use it?
    Getting back into the top 4 is important not just financially. I would like to think when we get later into the competition and face "proper" sides he will play a stronger team.
    You never know with Wenger of course but I have no problem with some rotation here if we still progress in the competition which it looks like we will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We've won every game
    Elsewhere you've argued that Wenger disrespected the FA Cup...having won it 3 years out of the last 4 and him being the all time record winner of it.
    You are silly.

We're not going to win the league but some rotation is needed if we're going to try and compete in 4 competitions. You're the one who said we have good squad depth, why not use it?
    Getting back into the top 4 is important not just financially. I would like to think when we get later into the competition and face "proper" sides he will play a stronger team.
    You never know with Wenger of course but I have no problem with some rotation here if we still progress in the competition which it looks like we will.
    He's not been playing a full team though, we we're far off from coming unstuck last night, more down to luck than skill really. Yes and he did, but I was saying that in the context that it's not the competition it once was because clubs devalued it by playing weakened sides (Wenger certainly played his part and it will no longer ever be what it once was), which is true, 10 years ago it meant more.

No we're not, I'd play weakened teams in the FA Cup and League (before the Europa League) over the Europa league personally, league is a waste of time and personally would rather win the Europa league and get in the CL that way than doing it the losers way and coming 4th in the league. I don't think we will win it of course, but it's our best competition this year given that we won't win the league, the league Cup and FA Cups are very nice and all that as extras but not as the main goal.

Gone are the days when you genuinely try to win everything you enter (for us anyway), so no we may as well prioritise the more important ones, which is the Europa league bearing in mind the league is out, FA Cup and League cup are nice additions but would rather win the European trophy over those any day of the week.
    Last edited by Özim; 20-10-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger's comments about us responding to Deeney made me laugh. How exactly did we show character last night?

We were awful for the whole game, and could barely muster up a decent chance apart from that one that fell to Theo in the first half. If anything we buckled under the pressure AGAIN and had to rely on Cech to bail us out with a few good saves. If Belgrade scored one of those chances I don't think we would have had it in us to come back.

It was a great goal though, the only saving grace from a piss poor game.