User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Everton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Klopp hasn't had a decade to get it right and at the very least has taken Liverpool back into the CL after his first full season. They have glaring problems of course but if anyone has found some kind of solace in their failings then I think you're kidding yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    If Wenger was in charge of liverpool they'd finish 10th. If klopp was here we'd win the league.
    Not sure if you're being serious or not... I'll assume you're just winding up Letters

His stint so far at Liverpool have exposed some of Klopp's weaknesses to an extent. I'd still take him over Wenger any day of the week.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp at least seems aware of his problems whereas our guy seems to have had his head buried in the sand for a while now. Plus he's also extracting a lot more out of his players and actually improving a few of them (something Wenger used to be known for). It's unquestionable imho that our squad is more talented than theirs and yet we're roughly about a par in terms of league performance so far - a damning indictment of the talent Wenger has been squandering.

He may not be the elite title winning manager that I once thought but I'd still have him over Wenger for the time being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp is a bit of a Wenger clone, but more adaptable, more charismatic and with a better eye for talent, he's better than Wenger overall but I'd have never chosen him as a replacement personally, would prefer someone more tactically astute like Simeone.

Fact is Klopps teams however play very exciting football and he did achieve success at Dortmund and did well in the CL (and also found some top top players along the way).

I also think Klopp strives to success and win trophies even if he doesn't achieve it, Wenger clearly doesn't, his trophy is financial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, Klopp had Dortmund in the relegation zone around February one season although they did recover. Mourinho had Chelsea in or close to the relegation zone before he got sacked.
    Think in both cases that was the year after they were champions.
    Moyes at Utd.

Plenty of managers have taken over a top 4 side and taken them in the wrong direction.
    To be honest I'd much prefer that over the same flatline progress season after season, never being anywhere near the league or CL and knowing what's going to happen in advance.

Unpredictability is much more exciting in football, when your team does the same thing every single season is as dull as dishwater just like Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He did it again last week against Watford. Leaving Alexis at home because he was upset at not qualifying for the Word Cup. WTF? Seriously? What does Wenger do, ring around on Friday night and ask the players if they fancy a match on the weekend? He's kept hold of Chambers and then went and played Elneny at CB in the Europa League. The guy's a tool.
    With Wenger, the players are in charge, he panders to their every whim, if one of them has the sniffles he gives them the week off, if a player who will be leaving us come the end of the season, comes back from International a little upset, he tells him to have the week off, this despite the fact we pay the guy and not his country and the fact we should make the most of him whilst he's here because he's not sticking around.

Sick of watching Wenger wrap players in cotton wool like, no wonder they are pansies on the pitch, he indulges their every whim, time to get rid of the soft touch mentality and bring in a better manager who will put players in their place, not someone who doesn't dare say a word against them and would choose blaming the paying pundit over being critical of his adopted sons.

It's ironic though, because over the years quite a few have taken him for a ride and left him with egg on his face, he's a players dream if you want an easy ride, come to Arsenal pick up your paycheck no strings attached, you don't even need to be any good, even if you're not you'll last at least 5 years over here.

Makes me laugh how he's hyped squad after squad over the years, claiming they are 2% away from the 2nd coming, noone ever picks him up on his nonsense, how many times has he claimed it's his best group, they are ready to win, next season they will have more experience etc etc broken record comes to mind, one smashed into a million pieces by a hammer at that.
    Last edited by Özim; 23-10-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thread descending to the same old shit.

Couldn't we have continued talking about the match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post

Of course you can. Go ahead.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Klopp hasn't had a decade to get it right and at the very least has taken Liverpool back into the CL after his first full season. They have glaring problems of course but if anyone has found some kind of solace in their failings then I think you're kidding yourself.
    Aye, don't get me wrong I think Klopp will fare better over the long term and besides I don't think Liverpool will give him the time to mess about like we have Wenger. Liverpool sacked Rodgers and he nearly won the league there so they certainly have some kind of quality control in place or at least have a plan.

I have wanted Wenger gone for about 5 seasons now so I am in no way defending him.

That bloke down the road is showing both of them up, he's built arguably a better squad with more or less no money, he's just a trophy away from really moving into the elite group of managers considering what he's done in such a short space of time. He's pretty much improved every player in his squad too, some by a huge margin.
    Last edited by selassie; 23-10-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post

Feel free, think this thread will have very few comments though, if you continue talking about the match you'll probably see one post every 2-3 days. Noone really cares that much about the matches these days, they are pretty meaningless in the big picture
    Last edited by Özim; 23-10-2017 at 06:33 PM.