User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Match Reaction vs Everton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Not sure if you're being serious or not... I'll assume you're just winding up Letters

His stint so far at Liverpool have exposed some of Klopp's weaknesses to an extent. I'd still take him over Wenger any day of the week.
    If you think klopp wouldn't seriously seriously improve us then you're silly.

He has a shocking squad at liverpool. Ours is much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Another thread descending to the same old shit.

Couldn't we have continued talking about the match?
    Talk to your guy. All stems from his usual wind ups. But as others have said, nothing is stopping you from talking about the match.

What was your take on the performances? Rating out of 10?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natural result of 10 years of this shit. One impressive performance isn't going to shift the needle. We'll see how things look after the gypo and spud games. If we've still got our arseholes intact after those two then we'll get a flicker of interest. But even then, only a fool would dive in with both feet and start talking about a resurgence. Been here tgoo many times with Wenger and apathy was the absolute inevitable outcome.

Of course it's made all the more meaningless because the players who orchestrated the performance want the fuck out of here pronto. So this is more like a temporary tease and a reminder of how much we've blown.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    If you think klopp wouldn't seriously seriously improve us then you're silly.

He has a shocking squad at liverpool. Ours is much better.
    I'm actually a big fan of Klopp. I was responding to your comment that he'd win us the league (I'm assuming you mean with the squad we have now) and that Wenger would finish 10th with Liverpool's. If you really believe that, you're the silly one

If he has a shocking squad he's responsible for it. He's been there for two seasons and has had plenty of time and money to build a squad. The only good signing he's made is Mane. This summer they clearly needed a keeper and at least one quality centre half and he ended up spending £35million on Ox. A bench warmer! Now they STILL can't defend to save their lives, all because Klopp failed to address the problem areas in the transfer window. Remind you of anyone?

I love the way Klopp's team play but clearly there's a defensive problem that he doesn't look like he knows how to address. They're awful at defending set pieces too. Again, remind you of anyone?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the highlights.
    Generally looked like a good performance.
    Unlucky to be a goal down - had to laugh at MoTD commentators talking about Rooney's "brilliance" . Was a good finish but nothing more. Anyway. Some nice goals. Ozil's was good, Sanchez's brilliant. Could and should have scored more.
    Blame Monreal more than Cech for Everton's consolation, Cech was more culpable early in the game with his hesitation which could have seen us 2 down.

Everton are rubbish but we are notoriously charitable against such sides so it was nice to actually get 3 points this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually a big fan of Klopp. I was responding to your comment that he'd win us the league (I'm assuming you mean with the squad we have now) and that Wenger would finish 10th with Liverpool's. If you really believe that, you're the silly one

If he has a shocking squad he's responsible for it. He's been there for two seasons and has had plenty of time and money to build a squad. The only good signing he's made is Mane. This summer they clearly needed a keeper and at least one quality centre half and he ended up spending £35million on Ox. A bench warmer! Now they STILL can't defend to save their lives, all because Klopp failed to address the problem areas in the transfer window. Remind you of anyone?

I love the way Klopp's team play but clearly there's a defensive problem that he doesn't look like he knows how to address. They're awful at defending set pieces too. Again, remind you of anyone?
    Seems like Liverpool have a history of overpaying for English players. Not sure how much influence Klopp has on that changing. But it looks like he has some influence because he encouraged the Board to appoint a Director of Football last November. Not sure how much blame falls on him for the lack of transfers with that in mind. Liverpool have hardly spent a penny since he's been in charge. He definitely needs to sort out the defence but it would be foolish of Liverpool to not give him the sort of time needed to restructure things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Natural result of 10 years of this shit. One impressive performance isn't going to shift the needle. We'll see how things look after the gypo and spud games.If we've still got our arseholes intact after those two then we'll get a flicker of interest. But even then, only a fool would dive in with both feet and start talking about a resurgence. Been here tgoo many times with Wenger and apathy was the absolute inevitable outcome.

Of course it's made all the more meaningless because the players who orchestrated the performance want the fuck out of here pronto. So this is more like a temporary tease and a reminder of how much we've blown.
    The City game is a write off, Spuds at home is a draw at best. I think we'll do well to come out of those 2 games with a point TBH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'd be up there. He'd improve us in every department. In fact I can't think one department that Wenger beats him in. Klopp tends to go for clubs that are building projects and these tend to have poor squads/need more time. This leaves him more vulnerable. He's given their existing players a chance and he'll now flog em cause he's realised they are useless and bring in his own.

At liverpool there have been years of structural and squad decay and that can't be fixed in 3-4 transfer windows, especially with a board with something like +20m net spend over the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    The City game is a write off, Spuds at home is a draw at best. I think we'll do well to come out of those 2 games with a point TBH.
    Would be pure Arsenal to beat the gypos, get everyone raving, and then get annihilated by the spuds.
    Für eure Sicherheit