Wilshere completed 110

Wenger trying his hardest to throw the cup away but we get through

Quarter finals

It's ours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also how f*cking useless is walcott. When does this muppets contract end? Hopefully in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the quarters already!?

Also this is a match reaction thread and there were only 2 responses before mine from the same person.....WTF!? I know most don't care about this cup but goodness me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Is it the quarters already!?

Also this is a match reaction thread and there were only 2 responses before mine from the same person.....WTF!? I know most don't care about this cup but goodness me!
    Only so many times you can type MEH.

Usual story.

Shit team selection by Monsier Le Fuckwomble, shit tactics, everything he touches he turns to shit.

Boring tippy tappy shit.

Can't be arsed. Game not taken seriously. Absolutely shocking performance from Walnut.

Kid comes on with 5 to go, Bails Wenger's arse out. Usually it's Alexis doing that so this was a nice change.

Happy for the kid. Disgusted with the performance. Hate the shitty manager.

Absolutely typical momentum sapping dog shite from Wenger to follow on from our one decent performance of the season. Utterly predictable.

Etc, etc.

Elneny at CB, I suppose that's something different and more fucked up than usual.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore the last bit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done to Marlo for the two goals.

I didn't really see much of the game. Another headed goal though, pub supremos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    You may well be right, but he certainly had more natural talent than Walcott so he probably would have been a more effective player than he has been in his 11 years here. Walcotts' major strenght was essentially his pace, anything else needed to be taught, Bale had more than that.
    We are going back a long way here. However, I can’t remember anyone anywhere mentioning Bale when we were competing with other teams including Manchester United for Walcott.

Sure we could have signed Bale, but this was not an either/or.

Can’t believe I’ve joined in such a pointless discussion.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    We are going back a long way here. However, I can’t remember anyone anywhere mentioning Bale when we were competing with other teams including Manchester United for Walcott.

Sure we could have signed Bale, but this was not an either/or.

Can’t believe I’ve joined in such a pointless discussion.
    To be honest, Walcott was a signing out of the blue, noone knew who he was and when we did sign him we all assumed he was some sort of magician based on how much we paid for a kid, the only surprise was that he turned out as one dimensional as he was. What possessed us to spend so much money on a kid who was nothing special at all is beyond me (and by that I mean he's not particularly naturally gifted).

Nooone mentioned Walcott before we signed him anyone, not saying we talked about Bale either, but I do remember Bale was highly rated after his first season (a year after we signed Walcott), we could have signed him for 5 million then (a pittance), we have a habit of missing out on all the top quality talent in favour of the more middle of the road young players, Mbappe being the perfect example (apparently we we're interested but scoffed at paying a few measly million to his advisers, if we thought he was that good we'd have paid up, clearly we didn't).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott was not a signing out of the blue. Even though it is a long way back, I remember enough to know he was slated to be the next big English talent and we were in fierce competition for his signature.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Walcott was not a signing out of the blue. Even though it is a long way back, I remember enough to know he was slated to be the next big English talent and we were in fierce competition for his signature.
    Ok let me clarify a bit, out of blue was perhaps not strictly correct, but what I'm saying is noone knew anything about this guy until we were after him a week earlier. He wasn't really someone who'd been on the radar for a while.

Ramsay would be another one, we signed him and sure Man U were after him but noone knew anything about him.