Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I know it has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You're missing out the whole stagnating and regression part. There was hope in 2010 that we could still win if we either spent money and kept our best young players that developed. That hope has been sapped away completely.
    Hope? We haven't seen a trace of that for years. Hope is so 2015. All we have left is the war of attrition. The grim and desperate wait to see who dies first, Kroenke and Wenger, or the fans who remember what football is supposed to be about.

I was listening to AFTV yesterday with Robbie talking to some "middle of the road, reasonable" type, and road-hog, in your face Mr DT. The latter is the only guy on there who seems to get it. The other two were asking, what can the fans do to get through to Wenger and Kroenke. Nothing. They don't want you to get through, they don't care what you have to say. It's like making suggestions to the Mafia on their protection rounds as you are handing over half your profits. They don't want to hear your opinion, they just want your money.

We're going to keep seeing performances like this over and over and over again, as with every season. And nothing will change. There will be 2-3 high points per season, a high point at Arsenal being where the team performs to its potential. Really, that's it. The big payoff for an Arsenal fan is to watch the team on a day when they give a shit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hope? We haven't seen a trace of that for years. Hope is so 2015. All we have left is the war of attrition. The grim and desperate wait to see who dies first, Kroenke and Wenger, or the fans who remember what football is supposed to be about.

I was listening to AFTV yesterday with Robbie talking to some "middle of the road, reasonable" type, and road-hog, in your face Mr DT. The latter is the only guy on there who seems to get it. The other two were asking, what can the fans do to get through to Wenger and Kroenke. Nothing. They don't want you to get through, they don't care what you have to say. It's like making suggestions to the Mafia on their protection rounds as you are handing over half your profits. They don't want to hear your opinion, they just want your money.

We're going to keep seeing performances like this over and over and over again, as with every season. And nothing will change. There will be 2-3 high points per season, a high point at Arsenal being where the team performs to its potential. Really, that's it. The big payoff for an Arsenal fan is to watch the team on a day when they give a shit.
    But let's keep Wenger cause he's the only one that cares*

*on £8m a year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Funny that, that's what people said about Wenger in roughly around 2010.

How come he only managed to draw at home to Swansea?
    Even if some people felt that way, I never did, haven't enjoyed our football since we switched from counter attacking, that was a monumental mistake.

Teams have bad games and bad performances, it's the constant average/bad performances I can't stomach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Yes exactly, there is no hope at Arsenal hasn't been any for years.

Yes I listened to it to, some comment about people eating out of Wengers' palm after some half-baked speech, if that's all it takes for people to get taken in, there's no helping us. DT pointed out Wengers' wife thought he was a control freak and got quite aggressive, he's not the saint some people like to paint him to be, he's an awful, selfish manager who only cares about himself and is pals upstairs (and of course his adopted sons the players), the worst kind of manager (just like the worst kind of owner we have) who really doesn't care about the fans or the footall in reality, the balance sheet, the power and the big pay day is what motivates him.

Can't believe people still turn up to watch this rubbish without making their feelings clear (can't believe they still turn up tbh), especially given everything the manager, board and owner have to say and what's been happening for so many years. There really is no hope at this club, the people upstairs can do and say whatever they want with no repercussions and they know it as well, embarrassing all round IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a direct correlation between Arsenal becoming worse and posters on GW becoming stupider each season.

If Wenger cared about humanity's future, he'd leave now to ensure we all don't devolve into full-on thickos.

There's years worth of mistakes and negligence piled up on a growing shit heap to fling back at the club without needing to dip into a nebulous ether of inanity to attack anything and anyone just because your fragile ego is being worn down by Arsenal not being the bestest in the land anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sideways passing

It drives me nuts. Makes me want to scream.

To some degree, modern football has become a shitty sideways and backwards activity, but we take it to painful extremes. Tip, tap, tip, tap. And when that doesn't work... tip, tap, tip, tap.

Then a player takes the initiative and moves forward with a purpose, passes it to his mate who... turns away from goals and taps it backwards, to another mate who, tips, taps, tips, taps and sloooooooooooows it all down, nice and sedate, slooooooooooow. One side, then the other, to the left, to the right, left, right, you are getting sleepy... drifting off,.. you can't feel you wallet...

And Wenger just watches on, sat on his arse, enjoying his soul crushing "domination" with zero attempts, and blaming everyone else for the arse raping we get when crunch time arrives in the season.

Every season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything but a win would have been unbearable. Annoyed to have not been able to watch even if it was tedious. Despite how poor we've been this season we are just a point behind the scum and should at least be looking to restore the natural order of the universe and finish ahead of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Even if some people felt that way, I never did, haven't enjoyed our football since we switched from counter attacking, that was a monumental mistake.

Teams have bad games and bad performances, it's the constant average/bad performances I can't stomach.
    Yep and you've always said you've hated how we have played so the 2010 reference from Mac doesn't apply to you.

But for me, I can honestly say I had more enthusiasm and hope that we could win something and actually enjoyed watching the games. Even though I could have found a way to steam the game today, I couldn't be bothered to sit through the bullshit.

Hearing about the AGM meeting was enough and I hope all of them choke on their money. They are taking the absolute piss and fans need to tune out.