User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction - swans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Yep and you've always said you've hated how we have played so the 2010 reference from Mac doesn't apply to you.

But for me, I can honestly say I had more enthusiasm and hope that we could win something and actually enjoyed watching the games. Even though I could have found a way to steam the game today, I couldn't be bothered to sit through the bullshit.

Hearing about the AGM meeting was enough and I hope all of them choke on their money. They are taking the absolute piss and fans need to tune out.
    For me the tippy tappy football is a real bore, even when Barca played it and they were masters at it and a great team, I never really liked it, so to see a vastly inferior version isn't going to cut it with me.

The AGM is the sum of years of them getting away with saying and doing whatever they want, the fans have been far too good and polite, at any other club it would have come to roost years before, Arsenal seem to have a largely passive fanbase though, generally willing to put up with most things without much fuss, even last season whilst some wanted to demonstrate others castigated them for daring to say a bad word about Wenger, it's laughable.
    Last edited by Özim; 28-10-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    For me the tippy tappy football is a real bore, even when Barca played it and they were masters at it and a great team, I never really liked it, so to see a vastly inferior version isn't going to cut it with me.

The AGM is the sum of years of them getting away with saying and doing whatever they want, the fans have been far too good and polite, at any other club it would have come to roost years before, Arsenal seem to have a largely passive fanbase though, generally willing to put up with most things without much fuss, even last season whilst some wanted to demonstrated other castigated them for daring to say a bad word about Wenger, it's laughable.
    And still do.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The sideways passing

It drives me nuts. Makes me want to scream.

To some degree, modern football has become a shitty sideways and backwards activity, but we take it to painful extremes. Tip, tap, tip, tap. And when that doesn't work... tip, tap, tip, tap.

Then a player takes the initiative and moves forward with a purpose, passes it to his mate who... turns away from goals and taps it backwards, to another mate who, tips, taps, tips, taps and sloooooooooooows it all down, nice and sedate, slooooooooooow. One side, then the other, to the left, to the right, left, right, you are getting sleepy... drifting off,.. you can't feel you wallet...

And Wenger just watches on, sat on his arse, enjoying his soul crushing "domination" with zero attempts, and blaming everyone else for the arse raping we get when crunch time arrives in the season.

Every season.
    It’s almost as if the modern footballer doesn’t seem to understand you need to run forward with the ball to create space, not play hot potato with it until you’re dispossessed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expected us to struggle as we do against Swansea at home but I read somewhere that Swansea had conceded only one goal away from home this season so they weren't gonna roll over.

We will finish 4th at best this season, 5th or 6th if Liverpool and Chelsea sort themselves out. We aren't a top quality team, we don't strike fear into the opposition anymore and can't defend properly for 90 minutes which means teams will always have chances against us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Expected us to struggle as we do against Swansea at home but I read somewhere that Swansea had conceded only one goal away from home this season so they weren't gonna roll over.

We will finish 4th at best this season, 5th or 6th if Liverpool and Chelsea sort themselves out. We aren't a top quality team, we don't strike fear into the opposition anymore and can't defend properly for 90 minutes which means teams will always have chances against us.
    Aye, I think if Sanchez leaves in January then we won't have a hope of finishing top 4, I think we'll finish 6th, if we manage to keep him then a top 4 finish is possible but not probable. I agree that Chelsea and Liverpool look like the most vulnerable out of the chasing pack....though I think Chelsea will probably finish above us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le Grove

The fear is that us being a point behind Spurs and level with Chelsea allows our familiar friend ‘hope’ to show up. Its just walked up the garden path with a bottle of scotch and two tumblers. Fans are starting to whisper that we might be in the title hunt. Don’t buy into it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how many of the 800 PL games wenger has won?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Does anyone know how many of the 800 PL games wenger has won?
    Wins 463
    Draws 194
    Losses 143
    Goals For 1,506
    Goals Against 769
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of those 463 wins came in his first 2 seasons.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ferguson's to 2013 as a comparison

Alex Ferguson
    Games - 808
    Wins - 527
    Draws - 167
    Losses - 114
    For - 1620