User Tag List

Page 108 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    If Alexis goes to man ure, then it will have been all about money for him. City look a lot better equipped to be winning trophies than man ure but he's obviously after a huge pay packet and while I don't blame his m, it is surprising he's going there.
    If it was just about the money he would go to China or PSG where they would happily throw more money at him. It's not about the money, it's about getting the hell away from Wenger's bullshit system as fast as he can. Frankly I don't blame him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    If it was just about the money he would go to China or PSG where they would happily throw more money at him. It's not about the money, it's about getting the hell away from Wenger's bullshit system as fast as he can. Frankly I don't blame him.
    Aye, he has more of a chance of winning bigger stuff there too. They aren't really much of an upgrade on us at the moment but one thing they will do is show ambition and spend to fix problems in the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is the longer he stays the bigger and deeper the issues become and the more chronic they become and harder to reverse.

So with every single season he stays the quality of the squad weakens and quality erodes. The threat is that it becomes so damaging it becomes structural, which takes years to reverse. Just look at Liverpool. Over the years the quality of the squad eroded and then structural damage set in, they have had to throw a shit load of money at it to reverse it and go through a hoard of managers.

If Wenger had left 2 years ago the damage would have been limited. The quality of the squad was alright.
    If he left last year the damage would have taken a short while to reverse.
    Now it's going to take while.
    Next year more.
    I don't even want to think beyond that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    The issue is the longer he stays the bigger and deeper the issues become and the more chronic they become and harder to reverse.

So with every single season he stays the quality of the squad weakens and quality erodes. The threat is that it becomes so damaging it becomes structural, which takes years to reverse. Just look at Liverpool. Over the years the quality of the squad eroded and then structural damage set in, they have had to throw a shit load of money at it to reverse it and go through a hoard of managers.

If Wenger had left 2 years ago the damage would have been limited. The quality of the squad was alright.
    Next year more.
    No. Look at Nottingham Forest. From the pinnacle of Europe to giant killers in the FA Cup, spanning almost 40 years of obscurity. People laugh at the idea of relegation but when a manager is allowed to remain long after he's lost even the basic ability to organise, motivate and compete the whole club withers. That's what we're looking at now. The club dying. The quality of the football fading out, our ability to compete non-existent, the attitude of the players stinking the place out, the key players looking for the exits, the potential of youngsters coming through being wasted, the fans sinking into an acceptance of it all. It's inconceivable this has-been might be allowed to remain for another minutes, let alone another season. But chances are, that's exactly what's going to happen. By the time he leaves this club might be done. It has happened before and we're not immune just because we're called Arsenal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fungusface wouldn't sell the scousers Gabriel Heinze..... and here we are possibly selling our best player to that loathesome club for the second time. Nothing is fuhking it sacred anymore.....

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some reports suggest that Sanchez leaving will mean Mhikitarian, Malcom & Aubameyang coming in.

I suppose it sounds ok on paper, but not much use with wencunt around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have little interest anymore!!!! The sooner Wenger and Kroenke go the better. I believe Kroenke is a greater villain than Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post

Next year more.

Yep, we are in really bad shape right now. The squad is a complete mess and the amount of rebuilding we have to do makes me feel very uneasy, what’s worse is that I do not trust Wenger to get any of it right, he can make the squad a lot worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Some reports suggest that Sanchez leaving will mean Mhikitarian, Malcom & Aubameyang coming in.

I suppose it sounds ok on paper, but not much use with wencunt around
    Just names, how would we fit all of these guys into the team? You know like actually having a plan and a system in place so they have defined positions/roles in the team.

These links aside from Malcom just smack of desperation to me, like us just buying players because they are available without any real thought or plan on how to integrate them in the team.

Buying without a thought is why we are in such a mess right now.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Just names, how would we fit all of these guys into the team? You know like actually having a plan and a system in place so they have defined positions/roles in the team.

These links aside from Malcom just smack of desperation to me, like us just buying players because they are available without any real thought or plan on how to integrate them in the team.

Buying without a thought is why we are in such a mess right now.
    And so the merry go round continues.

We are in serious, serious trouble. Its such a sorry state of affairs