User Tag List

Page 131 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    There are loads of Theo moments I love

My personal favourite was 2011 at Stamford bridge when he was tripped tumbled over but got up still in possession sidestepped a defender in the box and smashed the ball in.

We deride his dribbling skills, but they were certainly on show that day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Unfair. Back when Theo first came onto the scene there were many displays of raw talent. He'd terrorise defences with his direct play and sometimes he was unplayable. That's when he knew where the goal was and had the weapons to get there, fast. A decent coach could have added so much more to his game. But Theo had Wenger. Like Ox. And Campbell. And Gnabry. And a long list of youngsters who were the next big thing and ended up elsewhere because they couldn't break into out tippety tap troupe.
    Agree.

There were a couple of seasons where Theo was very effective. He used to shred defences down the right. Under a proper manager he'd have been a beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Totally. Power, pace and technique. Theo has stopped dribbling on the ball and his style of play has totally changed. Theo doesn't even attempt to beat his man anymore.
    Confidence completely shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Alexis had to say about Arsenal:

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season.

This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy.

Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.

Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.
    Oh no, wait. That was RvC - SIX YEARS AGO!

What has changed? And what's the constant?

This club needs a massive slap around the head. WAKEY WAKEY!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is Joel Campbell btw?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    As far away as he can get.

Real Betis. But I heard he bought a ticket for Mongolia when he heard Wenger was looking at the option of bringing loanees back.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What Alexis had to say about Arsenal:

Oh no, wait. That was RvC - SIX YEARS AGO!

What has changed? And what's the constant?

This club needs a massive slap around the head. WAKEY WAKEY!
    I still don't blame RVP for releasing that statement. The club were trying to make out as if wages were the sticking point and that we couldn't compete with what City and Co were prepared to offer. Total bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I still don't blame RVP for releasing that statement. The club were trying to make out as if wages were the sticking point and that we couldn't compete with what City and Co were prepared to offer. Total bullshit.
    My view six years on has changed in line with Wenger's failure to do a damn fucking thing during that period. RvC looked like a traitor at the time. Seemingly everything laid on a plate for him at Arsenal following on from his best ever season with us. After we had persevered with all his injuries. But what the club was really doing was asking him to sacrifice the remainder of his career for a bullshit Wenger ego trip. In hindsight nobody can really blame him for getting the fuck out. A superstar like Alexis would be an idiot to stay here too. And Ozil is basically making a choice between career and the easy life and a fade out to obscurity. If he wants to get back into the A list he has no choice but to leave.

Because nothing is changing here while Wenger remains in charge. And that goes for any new players we might bring in. Same story. They have no chance. If RvP (first time I've used that in nearly 6 years) couldn't drag us up from Wenger's bullshit at the height of his powers, if Alexis and Ozil combined couldn't do it, then who is there to make a difference? Nobody. Pele, Messi, Maradona, Zidane and Ronaldo combined are no match for the mad cunt.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Hiding with Letters in the Currants thread.