User Tag List

Page 144 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really that excited about Mkhitaryan if I'm honest, he's just not performed at Man U and he's not a replacement for Sanchez and probably won't get many goals, we'll be a weaker side than we were right now.

Stinks of panic buying to me, we never wanted him enough to try and sign him before but now he's a castoff and we can pick him up without really paying we'll take him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    If we get Aubemeyang him and Mhkytarian would be quite exciting for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness, I think Auba and Mkhi is well beyond what we expected. If we can get those deals over the line you have to give credit to the club for doing the best they can to soften the Alexis blow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubameyang would make me more excited, he's a proven goalscorer and him and Lacazette could be a great partnership. If we got both I'd be happy enough, as mentioned it's beyond what we expected.

Time will tell if it happens though, we've messed these kinda deals up time and time again trying to lowball clubs, we never seem to be able to conclude deals quickly.

Auba seems to want to leave, we have the money we should just offer what they want and be done with it. Still somewhat all panic buying though, we've never been remotely interested in either player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I'm hearing about Mikhi is how this guy could be another De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku (no thanks) because Mourinho had them and let them go, one major difference, all those guys were young, whereas Mikhi is 28 he isn't going to get any better.

Granted he may turn out to be decent for us, but there's also plenty of examples of players who have left a club where they were a success and then failed to ever reproduce that form again, Falcoa, Torres to name just a couple.

He's a Man U cast off, they don't want him that's why we have a chance of getting him (just like Welbeck and Silvestre were), we never get their good players, only the players they don't want and the last two didn't work out very well.

Mikhi is obviously much more talented than those two, but whether he can ever reproduce the form he did for Dortmund remains to be seen. Fact is we've never wanted him, even though he's wanted to come, well that's until we've got little choice but to bring him in as we have no other options available, in addition we're losing our best player in a swap for him, not a good deal for us in reality (though I know he's almost out of contract, but that's just purely due to neglicence on our side).

Would Man City let us have De Bruyne in return for Ramsey?

I've got no problem with us bringing this guy in, it's a tough situation we've put ourselves in and now we just have to make the best of it we can, but what we shouldn't do is pretend this is a good deal, it isn't, he may turn out to be very good, but equally he could be as bad as he as been for Man U.

Aubameyang is different, he's a player who been on form and playing well and top class.
    Last edited by Özim; 19-01-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David Ornstein‏Verified account @bbcsport_david 48m48 minutes ago

No developments expected today on Sanchez/Mkhitaryan. Still work to do as currently Mkhitaryan deal hasn't moved on & could yet go either way. Arsenal hopeful on that + Aubameyang. Talks continue. Malcom off - meetings held but eventually deemed too inexperienced #AFC #MUFC #BVB

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a surprise

We can't do anything quickly, have to spend days & days 'talking' and fucking about.

Its so amateurish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything moves at a snails pace at this club, our negotiating team is just awful.

No real surprises, Malcom not coming, just "hopeful" on Aubameyang (I don't see the hold up he wants to come if you believe what you hear, Dortmund seem to be happy enough to selll again if you believe what you want to hear so why the delay?), and Mikhi/Sanchez deal being help up by us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexis will be #7 at Utd and his shirt is being printed up for the store now.

If Wenger and Kroenke get away with this, if they bring in a couple of players and the fans jump on the joy wagon and forget how this has all happened before and how nothing has changed at this place regardless of which players are in the squad, then you have to give those fuckers their dues as consummate con-artists and place the blame for all this shit where it rightfully belongs - on the fans.

If the fans can be conned AGAIN, they deserve absolutely everything they get.

Over 4 years on from Ozil's signing, the very best we can hope for, the very best, is another lap on the bullshit transition loop. Except this time around we are out of the CL and hanging on in 6th and flirting with the status Wenger has been inexorably steering us to, mid table.

If the fans run out and start buying shirts and singing their heads off...
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just cannot believe that Aubameyang would choose Arsenal.

Do not be surprised if it does not happen.