User Tag List

Page 156 of 235 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    The thing is, we don’t need to give them Giroud, we have the money to buy Aubameyang outright.

I don’t think Giroud is great but I wouldn’t want to let go of him just yet either.

We should be strengthening the squad, not replacing or number for number.
    We need some kind of depth
    How much do they want? If it's a choice between £30m-£50m plus Giroud or a ridiculous fee that's over £90m, I'd rather we'd get rid of Giroud and not blow the budget on one player whilst Wenger is still here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    But would you keep him even if it meant the deal for Aubameyang breaks down? Is he worth that much? There aren't many World Class strikers on the market. That has to outweigh a good Plan B striker.
    I don't get why it hinges on Giroud. We're pissing in money. Those c*nts are outright stealing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Oh no, not his shit again!

Just pay Dortmund what they are asking for, it hasn’t cost us any extra as the money is all from players sold - you fucking thieving bastards!!

edit: actually is that a wind up zim? I can’t find anything from any news outlets about it??

Edit, edit: I get it now

Jeebus and NQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Getting a bit hysterical when people somehow forget Higuain is not still at Marketing.

I think that's a bit disingenuous anyway given we have signed Ozil and Sanchez since then though, yes granted we've not signed everybody we've been heavily linked with.
    I think that's more of a reference to how indecisive we are. We could have had Higuain and Ozil that summer. They must have known Ozil was on the cards for a move since we were in contact with Madrid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    I don't get why it hinges on Giroud. We're pissing in money. Those c*nts are outright stealing it.
    We are but I also don't want us to piss it away whilst Wenger is in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubemayang isn't pissing it away though. If anything it's strengthening the squad for the next guy.

My gripe is it probably shows Wenger isn't going anywhere anytime soon. You don't bring in the likes of Aubergine to walk away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubemayang isn't pissing it away though. If anything it's strengthening the squad for the next guy.

My gripe is it probably shows Wenger isn't going anywhere anytime soon. You don't bring in the likes of Aubergine to walk away
    It really, really isn't strengthening the squad. I mean Auba seems like he's a decent player. I don't see top tier as many do, but I do see a very effective striker. Even lethal.

IF WE CAN ACCOMMODATE HIM.

We have Wenger.

If we agree to Dortmund's asking price, or if pigs fly over the moon wearing fancy dress, it'll just mean an awful lot of cash down the drain. I'd be excited if Wenger was leaving this summer. But the old cunt has a year to go after that, and that's more than enough time to destroy any player, including Auba.

10 years on, it's quite a mystery that fans can't see the reality. It doesn't matter who we sign. It won't make the slightest difference. This isn't my opinion. These are the facts based on the record.

Take the chequebook away from him. Take the pain. See the old fucker's contract out. And it will be very much up to the fans to make it patently fucking clear another contract will not be tolerated under any circumstance. Only trouble is, we have a lot of very, very stupid fans.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be uncomfortable seeing us spend £100m on a player under current circumstances. We don't really have a plan in place. We never use Giroud as our Plan B because we never start whipping in crosses for him when out of answers.

Also, I'd rather not see Aubameyang or Lacazette playing on the wing. Seeing how Lacazette is playing at the moment, I'd actually bench him and have him come off the bench. My Plan B would be switching to a two striker system if chasing the game or he comes on to play off the shoulder if we're being forced to sit deep and need to play on the counter.

As for Wenger not walking away....it looks unlikely. But it this may just be Ivan putting the pieces in place for the next guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed.

You could put the goat in charge of the gypos now and, without a doubt, without even the slightest doubt, he wouldn't win the title.

Think about that. 12 points clear. Put Wenger in charge. Who here would bet on him winning it. Be honest.

And so, we can spend hundreds of millions on players until we have a squad like the gypo's - but it won't make any difference at all. None at all.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, put it another way.

Imagine we never signed Ozil and Alexis.

Imagine they were both 3 years younger.

Imagine we had finalised their signings today. Ozil and Alexis.

Do you see?
    Für eure Sicherheit