User Tag List

Page 183 of 235 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Possibly but my understanding is that City wanted him back in 2016 but didn’t want to pay the asking price. It seems to me they think their best chance they think they have of getting the price for him they want is playing on our need to have a replacement for Sanchez.
    If they sell him in the summer they won’t get anymore than what we are offering now, especially as he’s six months older.
    I think you’re right they are playing him today to say to us we don’t have to sell him to you.

But that’s not going to get them the money they want from him, because I think there is zero chance we are going to pay their asking price now and even less chance another club will in the summer.
    Our main concern is getting the player to improve our team. We are in no position to play poker with them over valuations, we gain nothing from walking away from this deal, especially seeing as we are what 10million apart in valuations at the moment.

Our first team isn't by any means strong and our squad is on the whole pretty shoddy, we need players of the profile of Auba to improve us and to also give other potential targets more of an incentive to want join us.

We know Auba wants the move, we know what Dortmund value him at, we should pay the fucking money and get this deal done.

P.S. I highly doubt Dortmund will back down from their valuation, they managed to get 100million from Barca for Dembele in the summer and he went on strike to force the move!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s the problem buddy?.

Are you hitting yourself again because you can’t think?

No I can't be arsed to explain to a dumb tool like you why after years of transfer embarrassments we need to offer the extra £3m for Auba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    This.

Comparing us to City/Utd is silly considering we actually have to watch what we spend to an extent whereas those two can chuck whatever money they can without any consequences or impact on their bottom line.

If Aubemeyang is the player we desperately need then losing out on him either to a rival or with him not moving over three million is stupid (I still have nightmares about the Higuain deal) but as long as the negotiation team have time, I can understand them trying to extract the best price for the club.

tl;dr - stop comparing the way we do business to the likes of City/Utd and Chelsea (though I think they're slowly morphing into us now). You're comparing clubs essentially playing football manager versus a club in the real world.
    We're talking about an extra £3m, thus your argument is invalid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Our main concern is getting the player to improve our team. We are in no position to play poker with them over valuations, we gain nothing from walking away from this deal, especially seeing as we are what 10million apart in valuations at the moment.

Our first team isn't by any means strong and our squad is on the whole pretty shoddy, we need players of the profile of Auba to improve us and to also give other potential targets more of an incentive to want join us.

We know Auba wants the move, we know what Dortmund value him at, we should pay the fucking money and get this deal done.

P.S. I highly doubt Dortmund will back down from their valuation, they managed to get 100million from Barca for Dembele in the summer and he went on strike to force the move!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere and Lacazette will be watching this alleged transfer very closely. The club can either make a statement of intent, having just lost lost its star player AGAIN, or it can save a couple of million quid and see how far that gets them replacing the players we'll be losing if we, yet again, do the ridiculous penny pinching routine that has cost this club its competitiveness season after season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    It’s 13million euros not 3 million, they want €61 million and we have offered €48million

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    We're talking about an extra £3m, thus your argument is invalid.
    £3 million here and there all adds up and affects us.

What if we lose out on another more important player in the summer because we're short of £3 million for the deal and with Kroenke refusing to put his hand into his pocket, we've got no other source of finance? City & Utd don't have that worry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s 13million euros not 3 million, they want €61 million and we have offered €48million
    My understanding is they want £53m and we're offering £50m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    £3 million here and there all adds up and affects us.

What if we lose out on another more important player in the summer because we're short of £3 million for the deal and with Kroenke refusing to put his hand into his pocket, we've got no other source of finance? City & Utd don't have that worry.
    Come off it. Piss poor argument

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere and Lacazette will be watching this alleged transfer very closely. The club can either make a statement of intent, having just lost lost its star player AGAIN, or it can save a couple of million quid and see how far that gets them replacing the players we'll be losing if we, yet again, do the ridiculous penny pinching routine that has cost this club its competitiveness season after season.
    Once again NQ proving he's one of the top 3 posters on the forum. Does anyone disagree with that? Thought not