User Tag List

Page 196 of 235 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Wenger may see them as defenders, you never know. Put Cech up front with Jack in goal.
    As well I like Jack there. He has quality to also grow as a player. At least to 6'2" If we can do it, we will do it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger may see them as defenders, you never know. Put Cech up front with Jack in goal.
    I find that unlikely. He's never done it before.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I find that unlikely. He's never done it before.
    He did. He put Almunia in goal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He did. He put Almunia in goal.
    While not up to our high standard much of the time, Almuna always was a goalkeeper.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    But we aren't going to move from farce to perfection in a month. Previously there were no signs at all that any of the shit we've been seeing season after season was ever going to change. Now we have some key appointments in areas Wenger has been fucking up for years, and we've possibly/ probably seen the result of those appointments (almost - not quite there yet) bear results. And this indicates Wenger's power grip is loosening. Steps towards something, anything that's not what Wenger has subjected us to for a decade. Hints of realisation and change.

We now move into Catch 22 territory. If these new players help the team perform then Wenger's position is strengthened. If we win cups then he's definitely staying another year at least. If we qualify for the CL then the ultimate prize has been attained and we can have a bus parade. Any of these outcomes will probably mean we suffer Wenger for another season yet. But I don't think these new guys would be coming in at all if the long term future was Wenger. These are serious people with reputations, they wouldn't have signed up to be pawns in a game. There must be a plan in place and all indications point to it being a plan that involves Wenger either moving out or moving upstairs.

He's 155 years old FFS. He has to leave sometime.
    Hard to say to be honest, the way I see it we've sold Ox, Coquelin, Walcott and Sanchez and saved a huge amount on salaries and brought in a lot of money, The signings we seem to be getting are Mkhitaryan a player who was surplus to requirements at Man U (by all intentsand purposes we did them a favour as they didn't want him) who we didn't need in the 1st place and a striker to replace Aubameyang funded by the money raised (if we sell Giroud as well we'll be well up again on transfers).

Clearly Wenger knows we've lose Sanchez and knows we needed to replace him, he also knows this doesn't affect the clubs profitability, the other thing is the only other time Wenger spent in the January transfer window was when top 4 was at stake, which it is this time round, so he's lost Sanchez and top 4 is on the line, so it's very feasible he's want to spend to make sure he gets top 4 (Aubameyang after all can't play in the Europa and at 28 won't be around too long for any new manager).

Not denying the new guys have recommended certain players, but not convinced this is a changing of the guard either, Wenger has another year on his contract after this season and has said before he loves the game and doesn't know what he'd do without it, moreover Gazidis (if you believe rumours) wanted him out in the summer but he stil got a new 2 year contract, so if he wants it and the club is making money the contract will be there again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happened to that tall lanky DM chap we were supposed to be signing from Sevilla?. i thought he was already in London for a medical. Maybe Wenger asked him how he would fancy playing CB?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You never know with Wenger, he's clueless about what it takes to build a good team and literally doesn't understand why players should play in their natural position. Mkhitaryan said he's play anywhere, Wenger must have been on cloud nine when he heard that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happened to that tall lanky DM chap we were supposed to be signing from Sevilla?. i thought he was already in London for a medical. Maybe Wenger asked him how he would fancy playing CB?
    Came to London had his medical then went home to Sevilla and said he had a clean bill of health!

That Seri guy as well we were linked with last summer, none of the deals for DM will happen though, Wenger doesn't like them, we haven't had a decent one for over 10 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    There’s no need to be mean just because I used to constantly claim you were a repressed homo living in a part of the world where that kind of thing could land you in prison.

I didn’t say it to be nasty I just said it cos i thought it was funny
    Dude, you seriously need help. You have mental issues. I am kind of glad they dont sell guns in UK like they do here in the states.. I am almost certain you would be one of those school shooters. Get a grip!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Dude, you seriously need help. You have mental issues. I am kind of glad they dont sell guns in UK like they do here in the states.. I am almost certain you would be one of those school shooters. Get a grip!

That really brought a smile to my face. I’m in work till ten, so I need it