User Tag List

Page 232 of 235 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

HCZ
    The Emirates stadium deal brings us in thirty million a year, in the grand scheme of things that’s chicken feed. Of course that’s just one revenue stream

But if you consider that if you want to sign one 50 million player, in addition you have the adds on, the wages which if you are not adding to your current wage bill is another 40 million over four years...and you are looking at up to 100 million (if you don’t sell that player in that time)

And When I spoke about having to sell players it’s more about clearing the wage bill. Santi Cazorla and Cech for instance we will probably lose for nothing but the wage bill gets lowered exponentially.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    I don’t disagree.

All I’m going by is what Ornstein has stated which you jumped on, I’m speculating as to the reasons why. What I’m saying is the money was in the budget to sign Aubemeyang, but the club spent ages trying to offer less than what Dortmund wanted for the player and it’s the club that told Ornstein that there was no money for the transfer fee and wages to make another significant signing.

What I’m saying is that it’s possible that Wenger has claimed there is money to spend to contradict the board to suggest that it’s not his fault that things are going so badly, I’ve not stated for a second that Wenger is more willing to spend the money.

And the club may possibly be claiming that there is no money because it doesn’t want to break its own structure to prop up a manager they know is failing.

It’s as you say PR and bullshit, what I can gleam is that there more money than the club is willing to spend but it’s certainly not in the United/City brackets.

And to pre empt a response I’m not saying you are either
    Basically you have no clue what you're arguing and you're just spouting circular hypothetical crap as usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I said there was no evidence of anyone else being involved with the sales of Coquelin and Walcott. Sven is a scout. He has a connection with Dortmund so it makes sense for him to be involved with that transfer. The Greek kid could have also been someone he's had an eye on and recommended or backed as a good signing. That's work already done.

I don't think our scout has looked through our finances and picked out players that we should sell. There were murmurs of a clear out during the summer before these appointments and it started with Gabriel, Gibbs, Perez and we've been looking to offload Debuchy for ages, Chambers was also meant to go too. The process started before these arrivals.

I also said I'm not jumping to any conclusions without further evidence. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that someone new has come in and told Wenger who needs to be sold.
    Why do you bother trying to reason with the simpleton?

Only a tit would genuinely believe we have no money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Emirates stadium deal brings us in thirty million a year, in the grand scheme of things that’s chicken feed. Of course that’s just one revenue stream

But if you consider that if you want to sign one 50 million player, in addition you have the adds on, the wages which if you are not adding to your current wage bill is another 40 million over four years...and you are looking at up to 100 million (if you don’t sell that player in that time)

And When I spoke about having to sell players it’s more about clearing the wage bill. Santi Cazorla and Cech for instance we will probably lose for nothing but the wage bill gets lowered exponentially.
    This is the fantasy economics and speculation I wanted to avoid. You're contradicting yourself slightly.

Based off these reports, we supposedly earned £142m last season off league position and TV money alone.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7748851.html

How is it that we're in 5th for prize money and tv money received last summer but 15th when it comes to net spend during the summer?

So how much are Liverpool and Everton spending on players? Did Everton blow all their Lukkau money on Sigurdsson? So it wasn't £45m they spent...it was closer to £75m- 85m? But then again, they're also paying Rooney's wages, Theo Walcott plus his wages...would that mean they've paid close to £60m for Theo? What about Keane, Pickford, Klaasenn and Tosun? Does the £20m - £25m they paid for each of those players really work out to be £40m - £50m a pop? That's working out to be over £300m spent in season by Everton!

When you apply these crazy economics to other teams besides Arsenal, you start to see how it doesn't add up. Just look at the net spend summer league table. Also, I don't think a club hands the player the full 4 years worth of their salary right up front. That makes no sense and why the calculations are all wrong in the first place.

You've made this very same stance when we signed Ozil. Speculating that we may have blown the entire budget on one player, had nothing left and could be in trouble. Next year we went on to sign Sanchez, Welbeck, Gabriel, Chambers, Ospina and the rest is history.

The club will have our heads spinning trying to debate this and work out what's going on whilst pocketing the money. Shit, maybe it's Wenger and his cronies swallowing up the money. We need factor that in when playing fantasy economics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They produce a set of audited accounts every year. It’s no secret.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

HCZ
    I said there was no evidence of anyone else being involved with the sales of Coquelin and Walcott. Sven is a scout. He has a connection with Dortmund so it makes sense for him to be involved with that transfer. The Greek kid could have also been someone he's had an eye on and recommended or backed as a good signing. That's work already done.

I don't think our scout has looked through our finances and picked out players that we should sell. There were murmurs of a clear out during the summer before these appointments and it started with Gabriel, Gibbs, Perez and we've been looking to offload Debuchy for ages, Chambers was also meant to go too. The process started before these arrivals.

I also said I'm not jumping to any conclusions without further evidence. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that someone new has come in and told Wenger who needs to be sold.
    So the club would not have been bothered at all if Wenger had not sold Coquelin or Walcott in addition to the wages of Ozil, Aubemeyang and Mkhitaryan and transfer fees for Aubemeyang....Especially when the wage bill going into January wasn’t exponentially smaller than that of Chelsea/City/United.
    It was you who stated that I’d ascribed these powers to Mislintat (he’s a scout, his job is to reccomend players) I stated that Wenger hasn’t been left to his own devices in terms of outgoings, just as much as it’s been proven a certainty that he’s not being left to his own devices on players coming in.
    Last edited by HCZ; 02-02-2018 at 11:36 PM.

HCZ
    This is the fantasy economics and speculation I wanted to avoid. You're contradicting yourself slightly.

Based off these reports, we supposedly earned £142m last season off league position and TV money alone.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7748851.html

How is it that we're in 5th for prize money and tv money received last summer but 15th when it comes to net spend during the summer?

So how much are Liverpool and Everton spending on players? Did Everton blow all their Lukkau money on Sigurdsson? So it wasn't £45m they spent...it was closer to £75m- 85m? But then again, they're also paying Rooney's wages, Theo Walcott plus his wages...would that mean they've paid close to £60m for Theo? What about Keane, Pickford, Klaasenn and Tosun? Does the £20m - £25m they paid for each of those players really work out to be £40m - £50m a pop? That's working out to be over £300m spent in season by Everton!

When you apply these crazy economics to other teams besides Arsenal, you start to see how it doesn't add up. Just look at the net spend summer league table. Also, I don't think a club hands the player the full 4 years worth of their salary right up front. That makes no sense and why the calculations are all wrong in the first place.

You've made this very same stance when we signed Ozil. Speculating that we may have blown the entire budget on one player, had nothing left and could be in trouble. Next year we went on to sign Sanchez, Welbeck, Gabriel, Chambers, Ospina and the rest is history.

The club will have our heads spinning trying to debate this and work out what's going on whilst pocketing the money. Shit, maybe it's Wenger and his cronies swallowing up the money. We need factor that in when playing fantasy economics.
    Everton are 49.9% owned by Farhad Moshiri, it’s fair to say they had more to spend than the proceeds of the Lukaku sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everton are 49.9% owned by Farhad Moshiri, it’s fair to say they had more to spend than the proceeds of the Lukaku sale
    That’s a very Letters style answer.

HCZ
    http://www.totalsportek.com/money/ar...ayer-salaries/

This is the Arsenal wage bill as of Feb 1st 2018 and that I’ve worked out comes to £101,320,000 a year

This is about in line with Liverpool and not significantly less than Chelsea’s wage bill

Any big name signing we make from now on is going to demand 100-150k a week minimum

Everton might have spend more than us on transfers but their wage bill is significantly smaller than ours (quite possibly Walcott and Rooney are their only 100k + players currently)

This also doesn’t figure in bonus clauses in the contract

I’ve never made the argument that we don’t have money. The amount we both spend on wages and actually as I stated above in the transfer market in the last five years suggests otherwise. But it’s done to a set structure, which might all well be bullshit compared to what the club makes. But it’s equally bullshit to make an assessment on what the club can spend compared to what it has spent by one summers transfer spending.