User Tag List

Page 233 of 235 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    That’s a very Letters style answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a very Letters style answer.
    I'm done.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    http://www.totalsportek.com/money/ar...ayer-salaries/

This is the Arsenal wage bill as of Feb 1st 2018 and that I’ve worked out comes to £101,320,000 a year

This is about in line with Liverpool and not significantly less than Chelsea’s wage bill

Any big name signing we make from now on is going to demand 100-150k a week minimum

Everton might have spend more than us on transfers but their wage bill is significantly smaller than ours (quite possibly Walcott and Rooney are their only 100k + players currently)

This also doesn’t figure in bonus clauses in the contract

I’ve never made the argument that we don’t have money. The amount we both spend on wages and actually as I stated above in the transfer market in the last five years suggests otherwise. But it’s done to a set structure, which might all well be bullshit compared to what the club makes. But it’s equally bullshit to make an assessment on what the club can spend compared to what it has spent by one summers transfer spending.
    So, we can easily cover the wage bill and have £40m left over, in TV revenue alone.

So what about annual gate recipients and merchandise sales? The clubs general
    Commercial value at home and worldwide?

Millions & millions of ££££’s, plus the fact that we always turn a profit every transfer window.

We have plenty of money

HCZ
    You were done hours ago, but as per usual as with many of our debates. You tend to spend half the time trying to debunk points I never even made.

“it’s ridiculous to say Wenger wants to spend money”

Didn’t say that

“Your argument doesn’t work when you consider Everton”

Depends on what Everton are paying their players. Their wage bill comparative to ours is a lot smaller

“Mislintat would only have been responsible in pushing for us to sign Aubemeyang”

Didn’t claim he had anything to do with the player sales

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I'm done.
    I can see why, I don’t think you will get through on this one

HCZ
    So, we can easily cover the wage bill and have £40m left over, in TV revenue alone.

So what about annual gate recipients and merchandise sales? The clubs general
    Commercial value at home and worldwide?

Millions & millions of ££££’s, plus the fact that we always turn a profit every transfer window.

We have plenty of money
    What was our operating profit the last time we published a financial statement (hint it wasn’t 100s of millions)

A lot of premiership clubs actually operate at a moderate loss so it’s not to say we are making less

The tv money is by far our biggest revenue, the wage bill by far our biggest outgoing

And where have I said we don’t have any money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm - we have hundreds of millions of quid to spend without having to tap cuntbag Stan up for a penny. This club is geared to make profit each year, by whatever means and at the expense of the football if that's what it takes. All that profit has been dumped in a bank account for some stupid reason. TV cash, sponsor cash, merchandising, player image rights, tours, prize money, players transfers. We must be fucking loaded up by now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    That money sitting in the bank account is 180 million which I’ve said from the beginning

https://www.google.com/amp/www.citya...four-other/amp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Erm - we have hundreds of millions of quid to spend without having to tap cuntbag Stan up for a penny. This club is geared to make profit each year, by whatever means and at the expense of the football if that's what it takes. All that profit has been dumped in a bank account for some stupid reason. TV cash, sponsor cash, merchandising, player image rights, tours, prize money, players transfers. We must be fucking loaded up by now.

HCZ takes another pasting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    That money sitting in the bank account is 180 million which I’ve said from the beginning

https://www.google.com/amp/www.citya...four-other/amp
    It varies over the course of the season and peaked around a quarter billion last year IIRC. However much it is, it's more than any other club in the world has down the back of their sofa. And that's just one element of the cash avalanche hitting the club. Everything is geared to making as much money as possible. Sensible for a business. Catastrophic for a football club, in terms of sporting achievement. Well, it's easy enough to see that of course.
    Für eure Sicherheit