User Tag List

Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235
Results 2,341 to 2,349 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

  1. #2341
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,943
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    The cash reserves are what we probably have give or take after the Aubemeyang sale

    Plus as Iíve stated more than once the transfer budget would incorporate wages if the wages of the player coming in took the overall wage bill past whatís considered an acceptable limit (thus again talking about getting players off the wage bill before bringing new players in, the reason this whole tedious debate started)

    The wages of Walcott, Coquelin, Giroud, Sanchez, Debuchy (probably about 20 million a year altogether)

    Ozils new contract plus Aubemeyang and Mhkytarian (20 million added)

    The sale of Ox, Walcott and Coquelin means we arenít having to eat into the cash to bring in Aubemeyang
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    As I said to you a few weeks ago itís irksome to have a debate with someone who tells you what youíre saying when youíre not saying that.

    No the point of the Ornstein comment was a response to you implying that the club having no cash to spend was purely spin for Wenger, and I asked if that was the case why would Wenger be stating there is cash to spend (unless heís so stupid heís shitting on his own spin).

    Again I never claimed Wenger wanted to spend money where the club didnít but again donít let that stop you.

    As i stated hours ago the club sets a transfer budget and if that budget is largely exhausted which may or may not include wages, agent fees, signing on fees, they will say thatís all the money we have to spend.
    Im not overly keen on the accountants/financial advisors wet dream debates..... but I've always found it slightly odd that an ongoing/continuous cost....i.e. Wages would be included in a 'transfer budget'. Though from what you say above I'm not clear if you think it is or isn't.

    In any case if we under delegate sums to the transfer budget (in light of the huge sums we actually make and have) then the ' we have no money ' cry can always be dubiously used and frankly becomes a nonsense as a standalone figure and argument.

  2. #2342
    HCZ
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Im not overly keen on the accountants/financial advisors wet dream debates..... but I've always found it slightly odd that an ongoing/continuous cost....i.e. Wages would be included in a 'transfer budget'. Though from what you say above I'm not clear if you think it is or isn't.

    In any case if we under delegate sums to the transfer budget (in light of the huge sums we actually make and have) then the ' we have no money ' cry can always be dubiously used and frankly becomes a nonsense as a standalone figure and argument.
    I’m not saying we don’t have money

    For the millionth time

  3. #2343
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,419
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Im not overly keen on the accountants/financial advisors wet dream debates..... but I've always found it slightly odd that an ongoing/continuous cost....i.e. Wages would be included in a 'transfer budget'. Though from what you say above I'm not clear if you think it is or isn't.

    In any case if we under delegate sums to the transfer budget (in light of the huge sums we actually make and have) then the ' we have no money ' cry can always be dubiously used and frankly becomes a nonsense as a standalone figure and argument.
    Spot on. Only a complete numpty like HCZ can argue we have no money.

    HCZ

  4. #2344
    Member Power n Glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,687
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Im not overly keen on the accountants/financial advisors wet dream debates..... but I've always found it slightly odd that an ongoing/continuous cost....i.e. Wages would be included in a 'transfer budget'. Though from what you say above I'm not clear if you think it is or isn't.

    In any case if we under delegate sums to the transfer budget (in light of the huge sums we actually make and have) then the ' we have no money ' cry can always be dubiously used and frankly becomes a nonsense as a standalone figure and argument.
    It makes no sense and not clear what's been said. All I know is that we're being conned. Again. To the point where it sounds as if Everton are in a better financial position than us! That's how far these sort of debates go.

  5. #2345
    HCZ
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It makes no sense and not clear what's been said. All I know is that we're being conned. Again. To the point where it sounds as if Everton are in a better financial position than us! That's how far these sort of debates go.
    I’ll add that to the list of things I didn’t say

    As best as I could last night I broke it down into a paragraph for you.

    But I’m interested in what you think, I’ve stated throughout that the amount of cash we have in the bank is 180million, and quite possibly some of it is earmarked for other things.
    Do you think there is vastly more being hidden away somewhere?. And if so to whose benefit would that be?
    Last edited by HCZ; 03-02-2018 at 02:05 PM.

  6. #2346
    Member Power n Glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,687
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    I’ll add that to the list of things I didn’t say

    As best as I could last night I broke it down into a paragraph for you.

    But I’m interested in what you think, I’ve stated throughout that the amount of cash we have in the bank is 180million, and quite possibly some of it is earmarked for other things.
    Do you think there is vastly more being hidden away somewhere?. And if so to whose benefit would that be?
    You didn't say that, I said it sounds as if Everton are in a better financial position than us. You didn't dispute it either.

    I posted the following after you're claim that a £50m player could actually work out to be £100m.

    So how much are Liverpool and Everton spending on players? Did Everton blow all their Lukkau money on Sigurdsson? So it wasn't £45m they spent...it was closer to £75m- 85m? But then again, they're also paying Rooney's wages, Theo Walcott plus his wages...would that mean they've paid close to £60m for Theo? What about Keane, Pickford, Klaasenn and Tosun? Does the £20m - £25m they paid for each of those players really work out to be £40m - £50m a pop? That's working out to be over £300m spent in season by Everton!
    This is the response I got.
    Everton are 49.9% owned by Farhad Moshiri, it’s fair to say they had more to spend than the proceeds of the Lukaku sale
    I mean, seriously! It gets to the point where these just sound like poorly researched rebuttals just to fill in the gaps for what the club hasn't told us. I'm checking out of this one. It will go on and on.

  7. #2347
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,943
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    I’m not saying we don’t have money

    For the millionth time
    I think my actual point was more nuanced than that Sherbert, but okay thanks for the reminder!

  8. #2348
    HCZ
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You didn't say that, I said it sounds as if Everton are in a better financial position than us. You didn't dispute it either.

    I posted the following after you're claim that a £50m player could actually work out to be £100m.



    This is the response I got.


    I mean, seriously! It gets to the point where these just sound like poorly researched rebuttals just to fill in the gaps for what the club hasn't told us. I'm checking out of this one. It will go on and on.
    You weren’t invited to start a debate in the first place

    Moshiri has stated himself that he has invested in the club both with players and infrastructure (still looking to get themselves a new stadium)

    On top of that I made the point that the wages these new signings were on were likely to be less than what we’d have to pay any player joining us.

    But you’re right this is circular. The whole argument started on the premise that we’d have to get rid of players to get them off the wage bill and probably bolster what we would spend in order to recruit heavily in the summer. You didn’t like that and then this tedious pointless back and forth happens

  9. #2349
    Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colne, Lancashire.
    Posts
    125,253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's time to wave goodbye.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •