User Tag List

Page 42 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    A big nasty DM in the middle. Exactly what we need.
    Unless Wenger decides to play him at CB. He looks 6`4 or more. Hard for Wenger not to see him as Merts replacement. Besides Wenger doesnt have the heart to drop either Ramshackle or Xhakaclutz.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mertesackers replacement. You know it'll happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    A big nasty DM in the middle. Exactly what we need.
    We need a new manager. Wenger has created a brand new problem for himself by introducing this 3-4-3 formation or whatever it. Just as it starts to become clear of what sort of pieces we need to play the 4-2-3-1 formation we used to play and finally buy a clinical striker that should flourish with our attack, especially Ozil, he switches formation.

He’s unbelievable. Even when close and being ‘2% away’ for being a very good team, he’ll hit the reset button to destroy whatever team we’ve spent the last 3 or 4 years building. He’ll lose the key pieces need for it to function after blowing a huge amount of money on pieces needed to support the core players. Good luck to whoever we sign next but I have no faith in this manger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would Wenger pay about 35 million for a bloke who is 28 and who used to play for Stoke and Blackburn ?

He is 29 on Friday.

There is no chance whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Would Wenger pay about 35 million for a bloke who is 28 and who used to play for Stoke and Blackburn ?

He is 29 on Friday.

35million is the new 5m, thanks to Neymar and the Arabs. It is nothing nowadays. Even Stoke can buy 35m players. More importanatly he is better than what weve got in the middle. We have loads of 7m players sucking up millions on salaries that are a complete waste. If we buy Nzonzi and win the Europa of get 4th place it will be better than stashing the cash and finishing 6th.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is 29 on Friday.

Wenger's not following any particular plot right now. He's adrift, making it up as he goes.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    35 million is 55 million to Wenger.

I just cannot see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    35 million is 55 million to Wenger.

I just cannot see it happening.
    If this is the same Nzonzi I used to watch pubbing it up in the PL he will fit right in with the tip tap routine. He's another sideways, backwards maestro who offers nothing beyond the halfway line. Though he would be an improvement defensively, on par with Coquelin maybe. We've seen that Wenger will happily pay 35 mill for second rate tip tapsters.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen him since the move to Spain....so I am not sure what has happened between him playing in the Prem and now...but I imagine something miraculous to now hear so many gooners hot on him.

Or is it a little like the Morgan Schneiderlin preference that seemed to carry on until he got lost in the Man United stands?

In any case I do fear it is all an irrelevance until the manager changes though. Unless he signs 5 world class players or something beyond imagination. Still can't fathom how out of the current generation of superb French talent, we have the lamp post and an ageing error prone Koscielny.....though I suppose they aren't really even a part of that generation so we basically have none unless we're counting Coquelin and the Jeff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I haven't seen him since the move to Spain....so I am not sure what has happened between him playing in the Prem and now...but I imagine something miraculous to now hear so many gooners hot on him.

Or is it a little like the Morgan Schneiderlin preference that seemed to carry on until he got lost in the Man United stands?

In any case I do fear it is all an irrelevance until the manager changes though. Unless he signs 5 world class players or something beyond imagination. Still can't fathom how out of the current generation of superb French talent, we have the lamp post and an ageing error prone Koscielny.....though I suppose they aren't really even a part of that generation so we basically have none unless we're counting Coquelin and the Jeff.
    He's big, he's powerful, he's fast. He's 1/100th as good as Vieira and I guess that's what fans are pinning their hopes on. That we finally fill that huge, catastrophic, gaping hole that Wenger hasn't noticed until now. We give him a chance, of course, provided Wenger doesn't sabotage the deal. But you're right, it's going to take a lot more than this to make any sort of a difference.
    Für eure Sicherheit