User Tag List

Page 46 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Obviously we want a big name, but tell me after spending eighteen months with Pep....tell me you wouldn’t take him over Wenger right now?
    Absolutely not.

Wenger might be a dinosaur but you'd be mad to hire a guy with zero experience. That would be a gigantic risk and jeopardise the future of our club, rubber stamping our demise into mediocrity.

Just because he works under Pep doesn't mean jack sh*t. Paul Clement was Ancelotti's 2nd man for donkeys years and look at how his management career has panned out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Obviously we want a big name, but tell me after spending eighteen months with Pep....tell me you wouldn’t take him over Wenger right now?
    I'd take me over Wenger right now. Arteta would be great. If he works out, great. If he doesn't, well don't let him stay for 20 years! Fire him.

Just getting a new manager - any new manager - would break the Wenger eternity curse and put us back into the real world of performance. When managers perform they stay, when they don't they get sacked. Like any normal club.

Sign Arteta today. What are we waiting for?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    We're in for David Luiz apparently

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo....co/ZewaLAJz41

Would be a disaster under nutty professor.
    Lovely stuff, can you imagine David Luiz in our defence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    We were linked with him way before he went to City. No idea why we never went for him despite being desperate for quality in that area.
    Dithering Wenger?

He went to City for 6 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pep sees something in him that’s enough to consider he might be a pretty good fit at some point in his coaching career. He was well regarded here and I remember reading a lot of reports that some at the club weren’t pleased he was allowed to cut his teeth at City.

For now though, we need someone with a bit more profile. I’m all for taking a gamble but it has to be an educated one as well and Arteta is too much of a punt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lot are batshit crazy. I know Wenger is an absolutely useless buffoon that drives us all mad but you'd be willing to take a massive risk and hire any man and his dog to replace him? Someone like Arteta? You're letting the guy skew your thinking to ridiculously abnormal levels. Pull yourselves together man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were linked with him way before he went to City. No idea why we never went for him despite being desperate for quality in that area.
    We like to make sure they're good before we sign them, that way we can then turn round and say we almost signed them once we have no chance of ever getting them.

there's been plenty of players over the years we've been linked with who were highly rated and we never moved for, we just don't seem interested in signing highly touted players, we always chose to sign the more unknown types which is odd really, probably an ego thing and wanting to be the person that discovered them or something.

Had you had a normal manager in charge we'd probaby have ended up with some of these guys instead of the trash we bought.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    You lot are batshit crazy. I know Wenger is an absolutely useless buffoon that drives us all mad but you'd be willing to take a massive risk and hire any man and his dog to replace him? Someone like Arteta? You're letting the guy skew your thinking to ridiculously abnormal levels. Pull yourselves together man.
    I’d rather go for someone young and ambitious than the plethora of recycled average managers that do the rounds like Pulis, Pardew, Hughes, Allardyce, Moyes etc.

I think someone like Arteta could be the head coach of a large coaching team rather than the micromanagement we have currently. It’s definitely a big risk and it would be far, far from my first choice. But definitely more open to it than I was a year ago, Wenger is a slow rot and the longer he stays the less any other choice becomes a significant risk.

And as NQ points out, any guy that comes after Wenger will be sacked if they don’t cut the mustard because there isn’t the deference that they have towards Wenger
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 19-12-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did his usual song and dance of bideing his time until someone else actually took the risk and slapped some cash down.

Kompany has been the butt of a lot of NQ's jokes but he's easily been one of the best CB's in the world since he was a teenager and is one of the most respectful non Arsenal players about Arsenal you'll find. He would have taken all the traditions and values of the club well on board.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 19-12-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely not.

Wenger might be a dinosaur but you'd be mad to hire a guy with zero experience. That would be a gigantic risk and jeopardise the future of our club, rubber stamping our demise into mediocrity.

Just because he works under Pep doesn't mean jack sh*t. Paul Clement was Ancelotti's 2nd man for donkeys years and look at how his management career has panned out.
    Agree with this. We’re in a position where we can’t afford the risk.