User Tag List

Page 83 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Meanwhile Wenger is pouring his efforts into getting Welbeck to sign an extension. Fucking great. Theo Walcott all over again. What state is this squad going to be in once Wenger has done his worst? We're going to be absolutely fucked.
    Just don't understand, Welbeck is hopeless, how he's carved out a career as a footballer getting paid big money is beyond me. Not only did we keep Walcott for over a decade, but we when added another useless footballer in the shape of Welbeck because Wenger always wants the cheap option.

Just get rid of these guys even if you have to pay someone to take them off your hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    ...yet a lot of our fans were so angry Sanchez had the temerity to want to leave in the summer, despite practically every player barring Koscielny either asking or being open to a move.......Bellerin, Theo, Welbeck, Ozil, Mustafi, Giroud if better clubs came in for him, Wilshere, Ospina and Ramsey hasn't signed a contract.
    I was pissed as hell when RvC engineered his move. This time around I don't blame the player and I've even come to understand RvC's position, although he went about things in entirely the wrong way. If I was in Alexis' position I'd want the hell out of there too, to get my career back on track, to finish off my career at the top level, chasing prizes, rather than fading out in Wenger's dead end.

As a fan I'd much rather he stay because we can't afford to see this squad drop another level. But the longstanding and ongoing lack of ambition at this club has inevitably led to our top players passing through. It will happen with Ozil. It will happen with Lacazette. Even our second tier is looking for the exit. All because there's nothing here except the money. No vision, no plan, no prospects, just the soul sapping mediocrity of Wenger's personal fiefdom. I wonder what lies Alexis was told in order to get him through the door in the first place? Once he's gone and Ozil has departed, nobody is going to fall for tall stories of ambition at Arsenal again.

We won't be seeing any more genuine world stars pass through here in a long while, unless the unthinkable happens and Wenger pisses off and Stan suddenly develops a sporting interest in the club. And when you put it that way, we're fucked.

Alexis at least provided moments worth remembering while he was here. Those are becoming rare. When he goes he'll be just some other player from just some other club, it won't be like when RvC or Cesc left. Or Cole. I, like many fans I suspect, am past caring that deeply about a lost cause. Been around Arsenal too long and have too vivid a memory of what the club used to be. For the newer fans I guess it can all be a bit more shocking though and they may well feel differently about it. They might be more bitter towards the player. They'll learn, like we all had to learn. They'll be ground down by the inexorable Wenger too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile in cuckooland Manitland-Niles touted to replace coquelin, invariably Wenger seems him in midfield (doesn't he wants everyone in the centre of midfield, I thought that was his favourite position?).

The logical thing would be to move on Xhaka as well and sign a proper DM, one we've needed for over 10 years of course, but why bother when you can save a few quid by shoehorning some kid into that slot for free? Good for profits apparently...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Meanwhile in cuckooland Manitland-Niles touted to replace coquelin, invariably Wenger seems him in midfield (doesn't he wants everyone in the centre of midfield, I thought that was his favourite position?).

The logical thing would be to move on Xhaka as well and sign a proper DM, one we've needed for over 10 years of course, but why bother when you can save a few quid by shoehorning some kid into that slot for free? Good for profits apparently...
    So Wenger has prepared the kid for the role by constantly playing him out of position? Genius.

And isn't Arsene the Great supposed to be the world's best when it comes to developing young talent? So is that how he does it? Throw them under a bus, see if they die and if not - use them to counter the hateful transfer window?

I fucking hate the bloke and if Maitland Niles has been watching closely he should be making every effort to GTFOASAP or else a few fruitless years down the road he'll be another one who's only fit for the £10mill journey to Galatasaray or Panathinaikos.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Well my bad technically, as I mentioned it first and was correcting the mistake. But it's fine for you to take the blame. Practical in a way, because I'm saving up to be Wenger and therefore can never be wrong about anything.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus wept this transfer window is depressing, even by our previous standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind Mikhi. In fact I rate him a lot.

What I don't want is Sanchez going Utd and that odious prick getting one over us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein confirms Sanchez likely to go to City this window if we can get a replacement. Malcolm our 1st choice target.

We should keep Sanchez and bring in the Brazilian kid anyway. We've got enough money in the bank already. Why make a stand in the summer and then cave in January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Alexis gets a 30 mill signing bonus (plus a 13 mill per year contract) if he goes in the summer, or a 15 mill bonus and the same salary if he goes now. So the question is, will Alexis sacrifice 15 million quid to get away from Wenger? In return he'll get a CL medal and avoid total and utter humiliation in the CL.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Ornstein confirms Sanchez likely to go to City this window if we can get a replacement. Malcolm our 1st choice target.

We should keep Sanchez and bring in the Brazilian kid anyway. We've got enough money in the bank already. Why make a stand in the summer and then cave in January.
    Because to totally fuck something up to the max you have to make every wrong move in the book. So far, on this issue, Wenger has a 100% record. Don't rule out Wenger keeping Alexis and then sending him out on loan. That's the only way left to make this worse than he's already made it.
    Für eure Sicherheit