User Tag List

Page 86 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Makes no damn sense to start cleaning and sweeping the house when you have a massive leak in the roof.
    The thing is though it’s not going to make things any worse and with Walcott and coquelin I imagine you’d get more for them now with clubs looking to strengthen to maintain and push on mid season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the business now so we have a clean slate to work with in the summer I say.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I second that

Although I don’t see Wenger going in the summer as much as I’d love that to be the case

For me at the risk of seeming to be complimentary towards Gazidis, i think what is going to happen is that doing all this behind the scenes shit is as much about convincing Kroenke as anything. I’m capable of keeping things going without Wenger being there and you can simply choose to sit on your hands and let him go when his contract ends.

Wenger won’t ever walk away. I used to think he would but bottom line is he’s too scared.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 12-01-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand why we're celebrating trimming our squad mid season without confirmation of proven replacements. It hasn't actually made us any stronger. Yes we may well not finish top 4 but we can earn a CL place and a trophy by winning the Europa.

I'm excluding the Greek kid as he was supposed to go on loan and it would be daft to expect him to push us forward right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger confirms Sanchez will only be sold if #afc can find a replacement. Story here from Colney: https://t.co/qloaKWxvdQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I don't really understand why we're celebrating trimming our squad mid season without confirmation of proven replacements. It hasn't actually made us any stronger. Yes we may well not finish top 4 but we can earn a CL place and a trophy by winning the Europa.

I'm excluding the Greek kid as he was supposed to go on loan and it would be daft to expect him to push us forward right now.
    I don't think Theo or Coq would make a blind bit of difference to our hopes of achieving anything of note this year tbh.

Alexis I'd rather keep though and let him walk in the summer. Losing him will be very hard to recover from for the remainder of this season. Unless we get Malcom in the Middle and he turns out to be a worldie.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Kalou, Gourcuff and Demba Ba
    & Martins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the celebration is more for the idea that Wenger's grip is loosening. Plus the wage bill is bloated and would need to be trimmed anyway in order to bring decent replacements in. Which leads back to Wenger. You already know it, this season is a write off. We're weaker than ever and we'll need to step up significantly right across the board to entertain ideas about Europa Cup wins. Right now we have no chance worth worrying about. Just look at our defence. And Wenger shows no sign of wanting to fix it. So while ditching Wenger's pet dross is necessary, to prepare the ground for a real manager coming in at some point, giving Wenger a chequebook so he can buy a whole batch of new problems is a danger. Are the new guys really in charge of transfers now? How much influence does Wenger still have in that area? Quite a bit by the sounds of it, because I doubt our new team is eyeing up Jonny Evans with any desire. The season is done. The club needs to be fixed and the first step in doing that is getting rid of Wenger as quickly as possible and trying to prevent him doing more damage before he goes. If that means a smaller, cheaper, mid table squad then that's better than a larger, expensive, mid table squad.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. It’s shorts sighted but what else is new. The shit has to hit the fan on multiple occasions before lessons are learned. There isn’t much choice when It comes to Sanchez and Ozil but I no idea why we’re considering selling anyone else.
    Last edited by Power n Glory; 12-01-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't think Theo or Coq would make a blind bit of difference to our hopes of achieving anything of note this year tbh.

Alexis I'd rather keep though and let him walk in the summer. Losing him will be very hard to recover from for the remainder of this season. Unless we get Malcom in the Middle and he turns out to be a worldie.
    Kolasinac looked a worldie when he arrived.

Didn't take Wenger long, did it?
    Für eure Sicherheit