User Tag List

Page 93 of 235 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    You broke down the job Kante does for Chelsea and then claimed Coquelin can do the same

Only problem is he can’t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    That remains to be seen. Giroud is out of contract in 2019 so wouldn’t be surprised if he or Ramsey were cleared out in the summer.
    Wenger we know has dithered over Walcott for years, and this is the closest we’ve come to selling him it does suggest a bit more direct action being taken.
    Gibbs, Gabriel and Santos werent consistent first teamers. Gibbs hadn’t for years, and Gabriel and Santos had never fully broken in despite runs.
    In the summer being the key word and the sort of action I would prefer and think is more wise. There is no indication that selling on Walcott is something the manager is even pushing for even the Board. With Walcott falling out of favour and it being a World Cup year, it sounds like it's Walcott that wants to leave after seeing that he's not getting games and wants to play in the World Cup. Why does it now seem that he's taking direct action?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    In the summer being the key word and the sort of action I would prefer and think is more wise. There is no indication that selling on Walcott is something the manager is even pushing for even the Board. With Walcott falling out of favour and it being a World Cup year, it sounds like it's Walcott that wants to leave after seeing that he's not getting games and wants to play in the World Cup. Why does it now seem that he's taking direct action?
    Im not certain he’s the one taking it. I think with the transfer window open. I think it’s possible that the transfer negotiation guy has looked at our squad, seen who we could perhaps lose off the wage bill, get some money for (and as its January quite possibly get more for than we would in the summer).

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think this is being done against Wengers wishes but neither is he being left to his own devices on it.

Now Walcott wanting to go to get first team football is also possibly a factor as well.

And yes this is speculation, this is what I think this is why I think it. If you’re not sold, well ok I’m not trying to even persuade you I’m just stating what my view is
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 12-01-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You broke down the job Kante does for Chelsea and then claimed Coquelin can do the same

Only problem is he can’t
    Kante may be a destroyer but he's also a footballer. A notable part of his play is when he gets the ball in the midfield his instinct is to move the ball up the pitch, either by carrying it himself (which he does well) or distributing it rapidly.

Contrast that with Coquelin or any of our central midfielders (bar Jack). When our guys get the ball their first instinct is to tap it short and sideways or backwards if there is even a hint of pressure. Only when there is no pressure or when they have no choice will they resort to playing it forwards. This, almost certainly, is under direct instruction from Wenger. It's a horrible, pointless and often counterproductive way to play the game. So it's actually quite hard to compare Kante with any of our players because the overall gameplay they are part of is so different. I'm confident that if Kante was here he'd be forced to play the same shite.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not certain he’s the one taking it. I think with the transfer window open. I think it’s possible that the transfer negotiation guy has looked at our squad, seen who we could perhaps lose off the wage bill, get some money for (and as its January quite possibly get more for than we would in the summer).

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think this is being done against Wengers wishes but neither is he being left to his own devices on it.

Now Walcott wanting to go to get first team football is also possibly a factor as well.

And yes this is speculation, this is what I think this is why I think it. If you’re not sold, well ok I’m not trying to even persuade you I’m just stating what my view is
    Again, I think you're running wild with new ideas because of the new appointments. The guy hasn't even started working for us has he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only problem is he can’t
    No I didn't

You said coquelin can't make competent passes

I said:

"I don't see Kante making competent passes? He destroys and makes a 5 yard pass. Like Coquelin.'

You then said:

'Brilliant that you think Coquelin is on Kantes level by the way, in terms of awareness, ability to win possession or strength.'

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    No I didn't

You said coquelin can't make competent passes

I said:

"I don't see Kante making competent passes? He destroys and makes a 5 yard pass. Like Coquelin.'

You then said:

'Brilliant that you think Coquelin is on Kantes level by the way, in terms of awareness, ability to win possession or strength.'

No you said he can make five yard passes and I’ve said no he can’t. Because as soon as he gets the ball he gets targeted and doesn’t have either the physicality or technical ability to retain possession.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Again, I think you're running wild with new ideas because of the new appointments. The guy hasn't even started working for us has he?
    Mislintat hasn’t but Sanllehli I believe has. He is essentially a director of football in all but name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you said he can make five yard passes and I’ve said no he can’t. Because as soon as he gets the ball he gets targeted and doesn’t have either the physicality or technical ability to retain possession.
    No I showed you what was said

You can just admit defeat instead of doing a Letters?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    No I showed you what was said

You can just admit defeat instead of doing a Letters?
    If by winning you mean making a comparison that doesn’t stand up to scrutiny well then yes