User Tag List

Page 99 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    A few reporting we're close to Malcom. Can we play him through the middle. Malcolm in the middle?

No idea who Kaveh Solhekol is but claims he laid on amazing assist for Bordeaux this evening and his agents were in London last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of having a Brazilian winger, have always wanted to see a proper Brazilian with silky skills at the club so not against this signing (for once). Obviously he's young and unproven, so for me he's not a replacement for Sanchez and won't score as many goals, we'll need to find another goalscoring option from somewhere, hoping he's more of a replacement for Walcott than anything else.

Some papers saying it will be him and Draxler which wouldn't be the worst swap in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I like the idea of having a Brazilian winger, have always wanted to see a proper Brazilian with silky skills at the club so not against this signing (for once). Obviously he's young and unproven, so for me he's not a replacement for Sanchez and won't score as many goals, we'll need to find another goalscoring option from somewhere, hoping he's more of a replacement for Walcott than anything else.

Some papers saying it will be him and Draxler which wouldn't be the worst swap in the world.
    slightly positive Zimm

#WeWantOurZimmBack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    He didn't rate him!?? Really?
    Unbelievable, right? We bought the guy that same summer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Wenger decided to sell a player signed up on a long term contract, he'd recently signed and keep a guy in the team who was clearly leaving in the summer (despite Wenger being confident he was staying), what a ridiculous decision, sums the guy up

He then goes back and signs the guy who left him with egg on his face a 2nd time when he's become a reject at Milan so he can stink up the place a 2nd time!

Over the years there have been plenty of really puzzling decisions that probably no other manager would have made, that's another thing that makes him possibly the worst manager in football today.

If ever Wenger doesn't rate a player, club should rush to sign him, because in all likelyness he's probably a worldie. I rememeber when people use to think Chelsea signed players just to stop us signing them, some of the conspiracy theories to excuse Wengers mistakes over the years were pretty far fetched, truth is we probably didn't wnt to pay up or weren't interested in the 1st place.
    Good memory. It was a decision that cost us that very season as well as the following. Diarra could also play right back and I think we lost Sagna to injury later on in the season. We also lost Flamini to injury later that season.we were ravaged by injuries and a player of Diarra's quality would have come in in handy.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Unbelievable, right? We bought the guy that same summer!
    But then there is a difference between a player you’ve scouted and one you see every day in training

He didn’t rate him highly enough to give him much first team and on top of that from what was reported he was thought to be disruptive about lack of first team opportunities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    But then there is a difference between a player you’ve scouted and one you see every day in training

He didn’t rate him highly enough to give him much first team and on top of that from what was reported he was thought to be disruptive about lack of first team opportunities
    Keep in mind why I brought up the Lassana Diarra situation in the first place.

The whole not rating him talk....we ended up playing Denilson when we lost Flamini. That says it all. Don't talk yourself into a corner to where it sounds like you're justifying a daft decision from Wenger. Also, bear in mind the conversation you were having with Cripps about Coquelin and DM's that can pass when thinking of the Lassana Diarra situation.
    Last edited by Power n Glory; 14-01-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Keep in mind why I brought up the Lassana Diarra situation in the first place.

The whole not rating him talk....we ended up playing Denilson when we lost Flamini. That says it all. Don't talk yourself into a corner to where it sounds like you're justifying a daft decision from Wenger. Also, bear in mind the conversation you were having with Cripps about Coquelin and DM's that can pass when thinking of the Lassana Diarra situation.
    Has anyone ever told you you’re a condescending prick ? people really should more

I can’t even remember how good or bad Lassana Diarra was frankly. I know we bought him and I know he was making a beef and that’s why we sold him. I think if Wenger had rated him though would have played him more regularly.

If you want to make this incident about Wengers poor judgement you won’t get any argument from me

I get your point that we get rid of Coquelin we end up with even shitter options in midfield

I just don’t in anyway agree with it. Not because Xhaka or Elneny are any good, it’s because largely it makes no difference who plays there. And who knows it might even twig with Wenger to play Maitland Niles there, won’t probably help us defensively but might mean the attacking players get the ball in a timelier fashion.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 14-01-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Has anyone ever told you you’re a condescending prick ? people really should more

I can’t even remember how good or bad Lassana Diarra was frankly. I know we bought him and I know he was making a beef and that’s why we sold him. I think if Wenger had rated him though would have played him more regularly.

If you want to make this incident about Wengers poor judgement you won’t get any argument from me

I get your point that we get rid of Coquelin we end up with even shitter options in midfield

I just don’t in anyway agree with it. Not because Xhaka or Elneny are any good, it’s because largely it makes no difference who plays there. And who knows it might even twig with Wenger to play Maitland Niles there, won’t probably help us defensively but might mean the attacking players get the ball in a timelier fashion.
    Has anyone called me a prick? Online... Yep. Face to face, never. What I notice about you is when backed into a corner with an argument online, you start getting personal but will try to cover as if you're not rattled. I can't respect it. Enjoy your day, little man.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Has anyone called me a prick? Online... Yep. Face to face, never. What I notice about you is when backed into a corner with an argument online, you start getting personal but will try to cover as if you're not rattled. I can't respect it. Enjoy your day, little man.
    Actually what you don’t get is being insulted doesn’t bother me

As far as I’m concerned I don’t feel backed into a corner at all I feel like this argument is so circular that we are devoid of corners.

But it does grate a bit after a while, to see you constantly write things that come across like “if you stopped and thought about it for a second, you’d realise that to disagree with me is so stupid you wouldn’t do it”. It’s hypocritical because I do it as well and then get called a condescending prick by other people.