User Tag List

Page 96 of 235 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Arsene Wenger insists he has no plans to leave Arsenal until at least 2019 - and will continue to make right decision for the club
    https://t.co/2mdU2CEgFQ

Have a great weekend
    He was misquoted by the scummy media. Typical of them.

What he actually said was 2091.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scary stuff. He sounds serious, in which case we are seriously fucked.

But Wenger eventually made it crystal clear that he is going nowhere. “I am always committed. I am here for 21 years,” said Wenger.

“So in every single decision I make what is right for the club. Do I stay for one year or ten years it is exactly the same.

“Is it is me in charge or somebody else you can only do what is best for club. That is what you try to do. That has nothing to do with my personal situation.”

So, will he definitely be in charge next season? Wenger added: “My contract clarifies that. Did I ever walk away? Never. Why should I change?”
    Notice how everything he talks about in terms of transfers is related to contracts and finances. He never mentions the benefits on the pitch.

Oh, and he always makes the right decisions, according to him. So that's nice.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Serious about what being here to the end of his contract?

That was assumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    No I’m saying even as a defensive midfield destroyer you need someone who is composed enough to keep the ball long enough to find another player with it especially when playing against sides that will press you all over the shop.

I’m not saying Xhaka can do that any better than Coquelin, he can’t....neither player can so it’s not a great loss to me
    But Coquelin has proven that he is capable of that when paired next to Cazorla or even Elneny. Plus, not all teams are that effective when it comes to the high press or even set up that way. Tactically, if we want to set ourselves up tight at the back and sit deep, we're losing our best tackler and player that can break up play. Also, seeing how Wilshere is playing this season, I think we could have seen a good pairing with him and Coquelin. But what is done is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well obviously you can only sell players that have clubs that want to buy them

Not getting into the first team, potential interest elsewhere on your way

And you’re right I don’t know it’s anyone but Wenger behind that, but the quickness with which one has gone through and with Walcott it now appears to be the case that a decision has been made, it seems conspicuously dithering free.
    Dithering free? Go and look at Theo's record for starts in the first team over the last 3 years. After that injury that kept him out of action for a season, he returned to the squad midway through 2014/15 but was only making sporadic sub appearances. He wasn't a starter.

2015/16 when he was getting games as a striker early in the season and had that blinder against Utd, he picked up a calf injury that had him out for a month but once fully fit, he wasn't a regular starter. He didn't return to playing up front and Wenger was picking Campbell and then Iwobi to play on the wing with Theo being used as a sub for the remainder of the season. Look it. Last season was the same again, Theo started the season well and was scoring a lot of goals, but come December he picks up an injury and returns to the squad in the New Year looking off the pace, as you would after injury, and he's getting subbed off early for most games. Early April he makes that comment after the Palace game and that was the end for Theo. Frozen out of the team.

It's been anything but dithering. This has been dragged out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool in talks to sign Riyad Mahrez but the Leicester star is eyeing a move to Arsenal #LFC #AFC
    https://t.co/mTO9aQNkKK

Imagine being dumb enough to favour Wenger and Arsenal over Klopp and Liverpool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Liverpool in talks to sign Riyad Mahrez but the Leicester star is eyeing a move to Arsenal #LFC #AFC
    https://t.co/mTO9aQNkKK

Imagine being dumb enough to favour Wenger and Arsenal over Klopp and Liverpool
    Mahrez is lazy. Arsenal is the best place for him. Stroll around, get paid a fortune, take a long break in the treatment room and finally secure a bench spot while negotiating an improved contract. Mahrez heaven.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Dithering free? Go and look at Theo's record for starts in the first team over the last 3 years. After that injury that kept him out of action for a season, he returned to the squad midway through 2014/15 but was only making sporadic sub appearances. He wasn't a starter.

2015/16 when he was getting games as a striker early in the season and had that blinder against Utd, he picked up a calf injury that had him out for a month but once fully fit, he wasn't a regular starter. He didn't return to playing up front and Wenger was picking Campbell and then Iwobi to play on the wing with Theo being used as a sub for the remainder of the season. Look it. Last season was the same again, Theo started the season well and was scoring a lot of goals, but come December he picks up an injury and returns to the squad in the New Year looking off the pace, as you would after injury, and he's getting subbed off early for most games. Early April he makes that comment after the Palace game and that was the end for Theo. Frozen out of the team.

It's been anything but dithering. This has been dragged out.
    This is getting circular

I know it’s been dragged out for years, I’m saying that if he goes in this window it looks like it’s been done expediently.

What I’m saying is that quite possibly if Wenger was simply being left to his devices it would be dragging on even longer.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 13-01-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is getting circular

I know it’s been dragged out for years, I’m saying that if he goes in this window it looks like it’s been done expediently.

What I’m saying is that quite possibly if Wenger was simply being left to his devices it would be dragging on even longer.
    Raul Sanllehli hasn't even started working at the club yet. It only looks as if things have progressed quickly because you've added the Sanllehli narrative to the equation. All sources are saying it's Theo looking to move because of the lack of playing time. It would be great to see power wrestled from Wenger's hands that quickly but it's unrealistic. Until I hear more, I'm assuming it's business as usual. Take Sanllehli out of the equation along with all this Wenger leaving /Ancelotti talk and you wouldn't read much into these stories about Coquelin and Theo leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Mahrez is lazy. Arsenal is the best place for him. Stroll around, get paid a fortune, take a long break in the treatment room and finally secure a bench spot while negotiating an improved contract. Mahrez heaven.
    Spot on

His career will go exactly the same as everyone else's; start brightly then go on a downward trend. He'll regret coming here.