User Tag List

Page 43 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I haven't seen him since the move to Spain....so I am not sure what has happened between him playing in the Prem and now...but I imagine something miraculous to now hear so many gooners hot on him.

Or is it a little like the Morgan Schneiderlin preference that seemed to carry on until he got lost in the Man United stands?

In any case I do fear it is all an irrelevance until the manager changes though. Unless he signs 5 world class players or something beyond imagination. Still can't fathom how out of the current generation of superb French talent, we have the lamp post and an ageing error prone Koscielny.....though I suppose they aren't really even a part of that generation so we basically have none unless we're counting Coquelin and the Jeff.
    He's been excellent in La Liga. A real destroyer in the middle sitting in front of the defence protecting them.

He was pivotal in Sevilla destroying Liverpool in the Europa League final.

How will he do with a tactically inept manager in a team exposed in terms of shape on a weekly basis? Probably not good. But we've been crying out to replace Vieira and this guy certainly has those defensive qualities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil prefers Utd to Barca apparently

Great. Can't wait for him to tear it up at Utd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsene Wenger is pushing for Arsenal to complete a deal for Sporting midfielder William Carvalho, according to reports.

The Portugal international was close to joining West Ham in the summer and has been constantly linked with a move to the Premier League.

A Bola, via Sport Witness, report that Arsenal have now opened talks with Sporting over a deal for the 25-year-old. But the Gunners face competition from Chinese side Tianjin Quanjian, who are managed by former Portugal midfielder Paulo Sousa.
    Second tier. Another player Wenger has been watching for years. Can we beat the world famous Tianjin Quanjian to his signature? Hopefully not.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weren't we supposed to be signing him about 3 years ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Weren't we supposed to be signing him about 3 years ago?
    These things take time. Real fuck-ups don't happen overnight. They are planned for years.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When do we judge him? May?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    the world famous Tianjin Quanjian.
    Pulp Fiction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officials assuring Alexis and Ozil that it will all be so different when they join their respective Manc clubs. All the pens, FKs and onsides you'll ever need lads.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mislintat and Sanllehi officially start work on 1 Feb. Which gives Wenger a free hand to wreck the January transfer window.

Why Feb 1? Why not now, with a window coming up? I know they'd have to go in cold, but how could they possibly do any worse than Wenger?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be specifically to spare them from the January circus...though I agree....why can't they start Jan 1st!