User Tag List

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Match reaction - Man City

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Because you're the one bragging about not watching the game on here.
    Not bragging, but this is all so laughably predictable now really, what's the point?
    If you're going to keep hitting yourself over the head then there's no point complaining you have a headache

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Saw this comment:

Don't know if it's true. But it adds a third possibility to the sabotage/ mental breakdown list of reasons. I've seen Lacazette's fee expressed as anything from Ł44mill through Ł52mill. So I guess there could be Ł8mill potential profit to add to the last transfer window up for grabs if Wenger can do what he does best, fuck the players and the fans over for personal gain for himself and his leech of a boss.
    Now it makes sense, profit over football as ever by Wenger, that's all he cares about, wouldn't surprise me if this story is spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two top PL strikers weigh in with their views, Shearer and Wrighty:

Nobody in football has a clue what Wengersaurus is doing. That would be fine if we were making progress. We aren't, we're going backwards. So it should be a massive alarm bell for the club and the owners, under normal circumstances. But not at this club. It will all just roll on without a mention.

It's November and we are out of the title race already. We weren't really in it, but we've gone from pretence and a lukewarm challenge that collapses at the final stretch, to never looking like we are getting within a mile. It's a steady backwards march, led by the guy who keeps getting rewarded for failure.
    To think that people were scared to get rid of this guy in case things got worse, can't really get much worse overall, there's no enjoyment to be had anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said before, I saw thr lineup and if I wasn't sure we'd lose before that, I certainly was after seeing it. It was an absurd team selection, IMO that selection deserved one thing, a beating (which they got), it was never ever going to get a result.

Wenger got exactly what he deserved IMO, at the end of the day City are miles ahead of us quality wise, 12 points behind already, 4 defeats already, it gets worse every season, as I said we're a pretty dire team at the moment.

Decision or no decisions, we lost basically because we're rubbish, when we were good we had decisions going against us as well, difference is most of the time we overcame them and won, you can take matters into your own hands or just let things happen, we just let things happen and don't have the fight or desire to overcome them, bunch of losers to be honest.

Xhaka is absolutely hopeless he really is, what a waste of 35 million, yet Wenger keeps playing the guy, he could at least try something different, tough times ahead.
    Last edited by Özim; 06-11-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    To think that people were scared to get rid of this guy in case things got worse, can't really get much worse overall, there's no enjoyment to be had anymore.
    In fairness, I don’t think that was in anyway what fans were thinking when he bypassed the board to get himself a new contract.

This is an opinion you can maybe attribute to a sizeable portion of the fan base five or six years ago. It was largely the media who came out with the be careful what you wish for bullshit more recently

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Like I said before, I saw thr lineup and if I wasn't sure we'd lose before that, I certainly was after seeing it. It was an absurd team selection, IMO that selection deserved one thing, a beating (which they got), it was never ever going to get a result.

Wenger got exactly what he deserved IMO, at the end of the day City are miles ahead of us quality wise, 12 points behind already, 4 defeats already, it gets worse every season, as I said we're a pretty dire team at the moment.

Xhaka is absolutely hopeless he really is, what a waste of 35 million, yet Wenger keeps playing the guy, he could at least try something different, tough times ahead.
    The problem is we didn’t have a lineup we could have put out that we couldn’t expect to get beaten with

You have to go back over a decade to encounter a midfield as poor as this one. Even then we were over relying on one player....now we don’t even have that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decision or no decisions, we lost basically because we're rubbish, when we were good we had decisions going against us as well, difference is most of the time we overcame them and won, you can take matters into your own hands or just let things happen, we just let things happen and don't have the fight or desire to overcome them, bunch of losers to be honest.

Xhaka was almost comically bad yesterday. He's a shadow of the player he was when he signed. Totally unsuited to this league. Somehow he's getting slower each week. What the hell goes on in training I can't guess at. But Xhaka's another player who needs to get away from Wenger fast if he wants to save his career. Sooner the better because his market value will be going down the shitter, fast.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Xhaka was almost comically bad yesterday. He's a shadow of the player he was when he signed. Totally unsuited to this league. Somehow he's getting slower each week. What the hell goes on in training I can't guess at. But Xhaka's another player who needs to get away from Wenger fast if he wants to save his career. Sooner the better because his market value will be going down the shitter, fast.
    Clearly thought he was signing an Arteta without paying attention to the kind of player he is

He will never make it in the premier league he’s far too slow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    The problem is we didn’t have a lineup we could have put out that we couldn’t expect to get beaten with

You have to go back over a decade to encounter a midfield as poor as this one. Even then we were over relying on one player....now we don’t even have that
    I agree to some extent, but football is a funny sport, the superior team doesn't always win and you have to give yourself the best chance of winning, selecting Coquelin, Xhaka, playing Monreal as a CB and not selecting Lacazette was a shockingly bad decision IMO.

I agree that City are far better though, but I would always have picked Lacazette as he can always pop up with a goal, he's a goalscorer, just a really odd decision (unless the contract thing NQ mentioned is indeed true).
    Last edited by Özim; 06-11-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41878157

He should apologise, Sterling doesn’t dive “well”

He just does it frequently