User Tag List

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Match reaction - Man City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Not bragging, but this is all so laughably predictable now really, what's the point?
    If you're going to keep hitting yourself over the head then there's no point complaining you have a headache
    The trouble is Letters, you come across as a bit disingenuous. You’re never as dismissive after a decent result. Worse still, you often use decent results as a way of picking a fight or poking fun at the negative comments that will still be there because if anything, GW is generally consistent with it’s opinion but you don’t seem to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Xhaka was almost comically bad yesterday. He's a shadow of the player he was when he signed. Totally unsuited to this league. Somehow he's getting slower each week. What the hell goes on in training I can't guess at. But Xhaka's another player who needs to get away from Wenger fast if he wants to save his career. Sooner the better because his market value will be going down the shitter, fast.
    He barely ever has a good game, totally agree he'll never make it in the league, he just doesn't have the attributes, just don't understand what would possess Wenger to buy him in the 1st place, for 35 million on top of that. Seems to be another one of his golden boys that can't be dropped as well, however poor he is.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I agree to some extent, but football is a funny sport, the superior team doesn't always win and you have to give yourself the best chance of winning, selecting Coquelin, Xhaka, playing Monreal as a CB and not selecting Lacazette was a shockingly bad decision IMO.
    Playing Monreal as a centre back is suicidal thinking

If he was going to play someone in the position he played Coquelin it should have been Elneny

There’s absolutely no explanation rationally for not starting Lacazette

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite like the bit about questioning a footballer's integrity
    Yes, footballers these days are all famously upstanding pillars of society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Saw this comment:

Don't know if it's true. But it adds a third possibility to the sabotage/ mental breakdown list of reasons. I've seen Lacazette's fee expressed as anything from £44mill through £52mill. So I guess there could be £8mill potential profit to add to the last transfer window up for grabs if Wenger can do what he does best, fuck the players and the fans over for personal gain for himself and his leech of a boss.
    That would make complete sense from the loony wannabe CEO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Now it makes sense, profit over football as ever by Wenger, that's all he cares about, wouldn't surprise me if this story is spot on.
    Wouldn't also surprise me if he was somehow a shareholder, as rumours suggest. Would all tie in together. This man has become completely embroiled in money making, it's crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The trouble is Letters, you come across as a bit disingenuous. You’re never as dismissive after a decent result. Worse still, you often use decent results as a way of picking a fight or poking fun at the negative comments that will still be there because if anything, GW is generally consistent with it’s opinion but you don’t seem to be.

Someone give this man a medal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that really bugged me from today’s game was the simplicity of City’s play. They’d win the ball back and only need a simple one-two and they’d have us on the ropes. I just cannot believe how laboured we were in comparison, why weren’t we trying to stretch their defence in the same way with some quick passing and runners? We’re pure pub these days. It’s really hard to watch us construct passages of play knowing full well it’s not going anywhere.

I don’t see any chemistry in this squad at all. Which probably shouldn’t come as a surprise given our 2 best players are unmotivated.
    Wenger has completely lost his way and his out of touch with modern/progressive football. Not only that but he doesn't even have the trust of his team so before a ball is kicked this team is mentality beaten in the big games.

We are clearly a level below Man City, and are inferior to teams such as Spurs, Man United and to a lesser extent Chelsea. The sad thing is we wouldn't need that much of a change to compete for top 4 again but things are not going to improve until Wenger is gone, if anything we will continue to go backwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty consistent in picking people up on what I see as massive over-statements of things.
    Long gone are the days when I would accuse people of over-reacting to bad results though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Wouldn't also surprise me if he was somehow a shareholder, as rumours suggest. Would all tie in together. This man has become completely embroiled in money making, it's crazy.
    Except very little he’s done as manager in the past few years would have much of a positive impact on share values, so if he is a Share holder he has very little interest in making a nest egg from his investment

Fan unrest will make sponsors uneasy when it comes to negotiating deals, not to mention the bungling over player contracts

Just imagine if we lose in a fortnight to Spurs, you will have pandemonium in the stadium (Emirates won’t like that)