Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs scum 18/11 at 12.30pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal vs scum 18/11 at 12.30pm

Someone feed Kane lasagne

Last edited by Cripps; 09-11-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 18th?

The International breaks are more boring than the football Arsenal plays. Inevitable result of allowing more teams into the tournaments than there are countries on the planet. Wrecking the season. Remember when football was on Saturday, every Saturday? There's way too much football now. No wonder the quality has taken a deep dive into the shitter.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree

It's not even tournament football. It's friendlies

We only had an international break a few weeks ago, that should have been it until February.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    You used to have myriad cup tie replays and two legged cup ties in the league cup so there’s always been plenty of fixtures

Far more pointless fixtures now of course

Plus I think of our most worthwhile Triumphs have been on non Saturdays

2004 and 1998 - league title won on Sunday afternoon
    2002 - Won at Old Trafford to win title on Wednesday evening
    1994 - Cup Winners Cup final win on a Wednesday evening
    1991 - Our win against United after learning earlier that day we’d won the title courtesy of Liverpool’s slip up was a Monday
    1989 - Win at Anfield on a Friday evening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    You used to have myriad cup tie replays and two legged cup ties in the league cup so there’s always been plenty of fixtures

Far more pointless fixtures now of course

Plus I think of our most worthwhile Triumphs have been on non Saturdays

2004 and 1998 - league title won on Sunday afternoon
    2002 - Won at Old Trafford to win title on Wednesday evening
    1994 - Cup Winners Cup final win on a Wednesday evening
    1991 - Our win against United after learning earlier that day we’d won the title courtesy of Liverpool’s slip up was a Monday
    1989 - Win at Anfield on a Friday evening
    Cup replays were great. But those are ditched now so we can play Romania's equivalent of John Smiths Brewery in some daft European pub league. And end of season stuff when the fixtures have banked up and need to be caught up, that's fine. But today it's a joke. We're only a third of the season gone and the whole thing has been stop start nonsense. I don't know how the hell FIFA get away with this bullshit. It's almost as scandalous as their corruption and child buggery antics.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon we'll win.

Never underestimate Wenker's ability to claw things back from the oblivion.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I reckon we'll win.

Never underestimate Wenker's ability to claw things back from the oblivion.
    Never underestimate Wenger and his teams inability to deal with any side that employs a high press

I don’t think we will lose, but neither will we win

So no victory and no catharsis of Wenger being called a cunt by half the ground

The worst of both worlds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we win it will be because the players find a way to do it on their own, despite Wenger. He'll expertly pick the wrong starting eleven and expertly play the wrong tactics, if he bothers with tactics at all. It wouldn't surprise me at all if, following the criticism he received after the last match and out of sheer bloody mindedness, he leaves Lacazette on the bench.

We have the players to compete with the spuds and give them a game (can you imagine thinking, let alone admitting to, this just a few years back) but the spuds have Wenger and that gives them a clear and probably decisive advantage going into this game.

Of course let's see who gets injured during the latest round of utterly pointless international friendlies.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacazette hattrick.

Off the bench, of course.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Cup replays were great. But those are ditched now so we can play Romania's equivalent of John Smiths Brewery in some daft European pub league. And end of season stuff when the fixtures have banked up and need to be caught up, that's fine. But today it's a joke. We're only a third of the season gone and the whole thing has been stop start nonsense. I don't know how the hell FIFA get away with this bullshit. It's almost as scandalous as their corruption and child buggery antics.
    Romania

Bucharest

One of my fav eastern European cities I've been to