User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Match reaction - WE BEAT THE SCUM!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I disagree about the squad not being good enough.

I think we have a decent group of defenders, for once we have options up front

I think arguably wed only need to improve the midfield with a decent manager.

Yeah Sanchez and Ozil are probably going but add a Kondogbia to the outfit and push someone like Ramsey further forward and with a decent manager with a game plan we’d be challenging
    Fair enough.

The defence is OK but too easily exposed, I'd bring a quality CB in and bring some decent full back competition, keeper is past it IMO so a new keeper would be needed, someone we can build a team with, Cech is ageing anyway.

Up front with Sanchez going, we're left with Lacazette with Giroud as a backup, the rest are quite frankly useless.

Midfield is pretty weak, we need someone tough in there, a DM and a winger or two to replace Ozil.

I'm not convinced Ramsey is the answer, he's had years and really only had one good season, good player when he plays but he's not really a worldie.

I think there's a lot of hype about our squad, but the holes are exposed on a regular basis which is surely more meaningful then when it all works in the odd game.

Once Sanchez and Ozil leave our attack is basically shot, so that's our attack, midfield, defence and keeper that need patchig up and that's not going to happen in a month of Sundays, it'll take quite a while to sort all that out with the amount we'd need to spend, compared to Man City our squad looks weak IMO (and that's who we're competing with at the end of the day)
    Last edited by Özim; 20-11-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City have multiple £30-£50m players in every position, not to mention arguably the best coach in the game. No one is comparing favourably to them this season by the looks of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent analysis on MNF

Analysed our high press and how Tottenhams overaggressive approach led to their downfall. Really enjoyed that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    City have multiple £30-£50m players in every position, not to mention arguably the best coach in the game. No one is comparing favourably to them this season by the looks of it.
    If we'd spent the money we have more wisely we'd be a whole lot closer then, you don't have to spend the amount of money they have to compete, but you do have to spend wisely.

We've wasted millions on the wrong players and face losing 80 million worth of talent for nothing in the summer, the wages, the transfer fees etc add that to the money we could have added on top of that and we'd be well placed.

Of course now it's a different story, two star players walking away for free, an ageing past it keeper, an ageing defence (Monreal, Koscielny, Metersacker), a non existen midfield and soon a non existent attack reliant on one player.

It could have been very different, but lack of planning, poor allocation of funds and lack of spending have cost us dearly, we don't even have that many decent young players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anybody see the extensive coverage of the big London derby in the Standard today?

No?

Me neither.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mugabe steps down

Come on Letters, do the honourable thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Mugabe steps down

Come on Letters, do the honourable thing
    Letters is barely 40. We have at least 50 years to go.
    Sad
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are we bringing out a DVD of this performance though?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Letters is barely 40. We have at least 50 years to go.
    Sad
    I'm 43 and eat a LOT of cake so I wouldn't worry too much.