User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal vs Man Utd - It Will Never Change While Wenger Haunts Us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I didn't think that, but I didn't think we'd lose this one.
    I did try and find a stream but by the time I found one (which didn't actually work anyway) we were already 2 down so I didn't bother.
    From what I did glean we weren't terrible but you can't go giving them a 2 goal lead.
    Another season scrabbling around to try and get top 4, but I think we knew that really. I don't think anyone will catch City but if they do wobble it won't be us taking advantage.
    I don't think we are capable of finishing top 4 this season which will mean finishing above both the Spuds and the Scousers. I don't care either to be honest, we wouldn't take advantage of finishing in the top 4 anyway, we never do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I don't think we are capable of finishing top 4 this season which will mean finishing above both the Spuds and the Scousers. I don't care either to be honest, we wouldn't take advantage of finishing in the top 4 anyway, we never do.
    I honestly can't call it. The Manchester clubs are looking good for the top 2.
    After that it's 2 from 4, or maybe 1 from 3 if you think Chelsea will finish 3rd.
    I don't think there's much in it between us, Liverpool and Spurs.

I care in as much as it makes it easier to sign top players. We probably wouldn't have signed Ozil or Sanchez without CL football and if they leave in the summer, which seems likely, then we will need to replace them and having CL football will help us attract players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I honestly can't call it. The Manchester clubs are looking good for the top 2.
    After that it's 2 from 4, or maybe 1 from 3 if you think Chelsea will finish 3rd.
    I don't think there's much in it between us, Liverpool and Spurs.

I care in as much as it makes it easier to sign top players. We probably wouldn't have signed Ozil or Sanchez without CL football and if they leave in the summer, which seems likely, then we will need to replace them and having CL football will help us attract players.
    Them two leaving will be the final nail in the coffin irrespective of where we finish. We have lost the advantage of being an attractive destination through lack of investment, lack of ambition and standing still as a Football team, the last couple of years we have actually gone backwards in terms of our standing in Europe through our poor showing in the Champions League knockouts.

No ambitious player or one of the type of quality we require will be coming here after seeing Ozil and Sanchez walk out for free, heck we can't even tie down Ramsey to sign a new contract so what chance do we have of attracting genuine quality?

I have said for quite some time that we are the most vulnerable of the big clubs if we drop out of the top 4 due to our business model and lack of foreward planning.

Securing that scout from Dortmund and the new Director Of Football from Barca may go someway to giving us the kick up the backside we need in terms of ambition but as it stands we are not in a good place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Robbie from AFTV the new Letters?

"Sooooo disappointing, but we've really played well today. We've given it maximum effort. We've shown great desire."

So, Mrs Lincoln, apart from the two fatal crashes, how was my driving?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two idiots at the back don't change the fact we generally played well.....albeit some incredible chances missed. At least we actually showed some fight which we haven't always done in these games. That's not to say being arsed should be a treat but I have far less issue digesting this one than others.

And WTF Mariner.....clear fucking pen at th end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with that. Nothing worth discussing really. Played well enough but it’s not the first time we’ve let ourselves down with poor finishing/defending and it certainly won’t be the last. United have been very good on the counter this season and they done a job on us today. Mourinho is superior coach to Wenger in pretty much every way and the fact his only loss to him came in a dead rubber says it all.

The Spurs win was an anomaly. Wins against the top 6 for us are very rare so we just need to forget about this and throw it on the growing pile of failures.

At least we beat Chelsea 0-0.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 03-12-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy's a joke.

Unfortunate? People are going to make mistakes? We're not going for the title?

No mate. Reality check. Two games played against the top two and we've come out of it on the wrong end of 6-2. And we always come out soundly beaten when we absolutely need to win, regardless of how we play, regardless of how the opposition plays. When the chips are down, we fall down and that has been going on for a very long time now. At any other club you can have, "one of those days". But at Arsenal, "one of those days", means something very different. Something we have become very used to and something that can no longer be so easily dismissed. Time to stop covering up for the fraud who is responsible for all this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ref did ignore 2 clear pens today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another big match. another shit show. Again this has Wengers DNA all over it so no need to CSI the heck out of the debacle. Wenger is bad at defence, always has been. Maybe more than every other aspect of the team because he is a former defender and in his conceited mind he thinks he knows this. Almost all the players he buys in CB positions get worse or stagnate under his tutelage. Maybe because he never gives actual instructions on how to defend or because he teaches them badly. Either way Sol Campbell remains the last great defender he has bought, some 16 years ago. Since then its been a litany of failures, has beens, could of beens or never was beens. He converts wingers to CB. plays CBs and FBs and vice versa.
    Gabriel Paulista, who was great at Villareal before he brought him, was a tactical wreck playing for us, but seems to have found his feet again now in Valencia.

To succeed at Arsenal either as a player or as a team it has to be despite Wenger, not because of him as major fuck-ups are his speciality.

Let me not even start on his shot shy strikers. Giroud comes in when we need a goal and immediately starts doing his flicks to no-one while standing in the box. WTF!?
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 03-12-2017 at 04:26 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Ref did ignore 2 clear pens today
    Yes, but we had prob 20 shots on target....1 goal
    Make 2mrw better than 2day