User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal vs Man Utd - It Will Never Change While Wenger Haunts Us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ask myself if we'd see the same individual mistakes month after month under a different manager.

The answer I get to is no.

Therefore it's down to wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Is Robbie from AFTV the new Letters?

"Sooooo disappointing, but we've really played well today. We've given it maximum effort. We've shown great desire."

So, Mrs Lincoln, apart from the two fatal crashes, how was my driving?
    He gets access and freebies from the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cech needs to be replaced now, not really good enough anymore, prone to errors and rarely makes those matchwinning saves, too easy to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Cech needs to be replaced now, not really good enough anymore, prone to errors and rarely makes those matchwinning saves, too easy to beat.
    What was your view in 2011? Asking for a friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a bit of AFTV, there really is no hope is there, we have a group of fans that still think we're unlucky despite seeing this time and time and time again for over a decade, they're like mini Wengers who are never willing to accept he's finished and that if you're "unlucky" all the time it's not due to bad luck anymore.

We could be 15 points behind City by the end of the day, 15 points and it's still a month until Christmas, once again miles away from the title, that's what counts, it's not bad luck, it's bad play!

No excuses, it's a team game both attack and defence have to work to win games like these, the defence had a shocker, we weren't unlucky, we were poor at the back, you're never going to win a big game if you give away two goals like this, a good team is built from the back and at the back we're rubbish, we're never going to pull off those shock resuls and beat superior teams in matches that matter without a top defence.
    There is no hope if people still think this has anything to do with luck. Wenger's record against Mourinho speaks for itself.

The game was over after 11 minutes. I don't care about the amount of shots we had on their goal, possession or how we had them pinned back after. It's meaningless. Beaten by the same tactics we've seen on countless occasions. Press high, force mistakes and turnovers. It stems from our midfield problems in Xhaka and Ramsey and bottle job players like Kos should be getting way more stick. If that were Merts he'd be getting slated.

Wenger again not preparing his players mentally and setting things up tactically wrong by giving them no plan B when teams pressure us high up the pitch. Without fail, every team knows that we won't boot it long when under pressure and will always try to play it out of danger. I only watch a few minutes of MOTD towards the end and that's all I need to see. We're doing the same shit over and over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    There is no hope if people still think this has anything to do with luck. Wenger's record against Mourinho speaks for itself.

The game was over after 11 minutes. I don't care about the amount of shots we had on their goal, possession or how we had them pinned back after. It's meaningless. Beaten by the same tactics we've seen on countless occasions. Press high, force mistakes and turnovers. It stems from our midfield problems in Xhaka and Ramsey and bottle job players like Kos should be getting way more stick. If that were Merts he'd be getting slated.

Wenger again not preparing his players mentally and setting things up tactically wrong by giving them no plan B when teams pressure us high up the pitch. Without fail, every team knows that we won't boot it long when under pressure and will always try to play it out of danger. I only watch a few minutes of MOTD towards the end and that's all I need to see. We're doing the same shit over and over again.
    Exactly. Luck

They forced mistakes and pounced on them. They pressed high, hustled our defenders and forced mistakes. How is that luck? it was tactical gameplan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And people wonder why when we do get it right (ie Spurs) the win is often not given the credence or respect it deserves. Everyone knows how flaky we are, it’s embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger isnt having it today.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    No got no problem with people disagreeing, but after a decade of basically the same thing happening surely you have to wake up and smell the coffee, it's not a one off, we see the same thing season after season, our limitations are not really up for debate anymore surely now?

33 shots and only scored 1, over the years we've heard many times how their keeper was their best player, the thing is there was also some very poor finishing, something Man U didn't suffer from, yes we played well but at the end of the day we were horrible defensively and didn't put our chances away.

In the end performance is meaningless without the result and time and time again we fail to get the result when the other team has something to play for. As for blame, happens with too much regularity not to blame the manager, we gave away chances against Huddersfield but they couldn't take them but the better teams do, so it's nothing new, it's 100% Wengers fault we're rubbish in defence, the mistakes comes from lack of quality, tactics, focus, motivation and that's all down to Wenger, these aren't one offs.

I don't agree, it's not about what happens on the pitch anymore, it's about what is happening at this club, this season we're probably going to be 15 points away from Man City by the end of today, so out of the title race well before Christmas and a decent performance in a game we lost really doesn't change anything. We've turned a 1000 corners (we do every 3 matches these days), problem is there's never any light at the end of the tunnel it's just a constant loop.
    The point is the two defenders put us in the position of being two nil down. I think you can blame both those players and Wenger for that without any doubt. Why try and play out from the back when you’ve got a team that is pressing high and will punish sloppy errors.

The point on display is that you can’t fault the performance of most of the players after that point

Yes we’ve seen that kind of result a lot and it is totally tactically naive and I don’t believe anyone thought otherwise

Your contention however seems to be that United were under no pressure, which is just demonstrably false

No I don’t think it was luck, we took an injured defender off and stuck an attacking player on so we always left a risk of being caught on the break. But I don’t buy the idea that the finishing was consistently poor, my contention is simply that we lost ourselves the game in first ten minutes despite doing everything possible to remedy that afterwards
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 03-12-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also that’s a third of our games lost this season.

Really poor.