User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match reacton - Soton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Perhaps you could copy and paste the quote into Google? Then you'd know, wouldn't you? It's the infamous quote that the world of football seized on to rip the piss out of the tired old fool.

And your quote is meaningless in the real world. Just words tumbling out of the old goat's lying gob, as usual. So what if he says the title is more important than his Top 4 Trophy? What can we judge by his actions? A stream of Top 4 Trophies and not a sniff of a title. And as for the CL, don't make me laugh. All your quote proves is that you ignore what Wenger does, so busy are you hanging on what he says. I called him a liar and you proved it. Thanks.

The desperation to defend the fool in the face of a decade of sorry evidence, it's the reason why this has-been has lasted so long and somehow lingers on even now. Fans hanging on the ancient past and arguing tooth and nail with those who point to the present.

Wenger is a liar and I have no idea why people continue to defend him. He has no integrity and aligned himself with the agenda of the Board years ago. It’s a con. It’s obvious who he’s delivering results for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post

Wenger is a liar and I have no idea why people continue to defend him. He has no integrity and aligned himself with the agenda of the Board years ago. It’s a con. It’s obvious who he’s delivering results for.
    Ok. Now try reading my post. I suspect you won't but it might help you actually understand my stance.
    It really would help if people tried replying to what I actually post, not what they imagine I have...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    If Letters thinks he should be sacked, which he has claimed in his own words

Does it really matter which conclusions either of you come to in any real sense.

On the other hand I do think the “why do you watch it if you hate it” argument he makes is rather pointless

You may think your son is shit at the guitar and is in fact regressing, he may have a shit music tutor and the school he belongs to refuses to sack said music teacher who is old and living on past glories. But you will still listen to your sons guitar recitals even though you suspect he’s gonna hit loads of bum notes.
    He doesn't even play the guitar

(Sorry, trying my hand at a Letters technique)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post

Not really sure this was in any doubt (well for most of us anyway)

If the people who are fans want you to win the title, but the people who run the club and pay your salary don’t care....whose your daddy.

I think he’d like to win the title, but when he’s under no pressure to do so and would only arguably invite pressure on himself by spending where’s the motivation?

We have to whether we like it or not. Make the assumption that the next guy will be Gazidis’ man, and therefore it will be interesting to see what the new guys minimum objectives are. My personal belief would be that a new guy should be given a three year contract that would be terminated within that period if there are a lot of unacceptable results in a short period and the contract won’t be extended if minimum objectives which would include signs of gradual improvement and a sustained title challenge in that time

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    He doesn't even play the guitar

(Sorry, trying my hand at a Letters technique)
    Would your son be interested in playing in a jazz band?

If so I have a wonderful tutor to recommend. He’s a bullying psychopath but on the plus side he’s not a nonce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    OK. I did. The full quote I found is this:

"The first trophy is to finish in the top four. And that's still possible. I believe finishing fourth is vital for us, so let's focus on that."

https://www.theguardian.com/football...l-fourth-place

Which is what you said. So fine. But note the date, Feb 2012. It was just after we'd gone out of the FA Cup, we were in the middle of a two leg tie in the CL and had been soundly beaten 4-0 in the first leg and we were 4th in the PL, miles off the top. And we had Chelsea, Newcastle (!) and Liverpool hot on our heels.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/...february-2012/

No actual trophies were possible at that stage of that season. So in that context the prioritisation of finishing top 4 made sense. Calling it a trophy, OK, that's a little silly. But you used that quote to make it sound like finishing top 4 is Wenger's absolute top priority. The quote I found is clearer about how he sees priorities overall. You used a quote out of context to "prove" your point, my quote shows your stance to be nonsense so you dismiss it as "meaningless". Easy to prove yourself right if you ignore or dismiss anything which shows you to be wrong.

It is not "defending" Wenger to say that top 4 is not his absolute top priority. It's just correcting an obviously incorrect assertion. I'd correct you if you said he's short. He isn't. That isn't defending him. It isn't laudable that he says his top priority is winning the league, that should be his priority. A more sensible discussion is how he is failing to make the best use of our considerable resources to achieve that.
    That's why I posted up the image of us celebrating the Top 4 Trophy win - so there could be no doubt about contexts and the actual ambitions of this club.

Wenger has transformed us from a big club with big ambitions into a big club with small time ambitions. His goal is patently obvious and it's quite ridiculous to argue against the evidence. He boasts furiously about his Top 4 triumphs and hasn't taken any of the steps required to press on and achieve his so-called ambition to win titles and CLs. All words, almost no action. He took a couple of faltering steps away from his bullshit when he signed Ozil and Alexis. Of course look at how he handled that - sheer incompetence. Other than that, hot air. Anyone who believes him is as gullible as hell. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me for fucking 10 years - get a grip! The man's a liar and his actions prove he has no intention of ever competing for the big prizes again. As such, he's unfit to be the manager of a club like Arsenal and, sure as hell, he wouldn't last a minute managing any other top club.

But let's carry on making excuses for him and parsing the finer details of his bullshit to provide him with favourable contexts. It's never Wenger, it's always the malcontent fans. And when we've defended him to the hilt we can casually chuck in, yeah he should be sacked, and we can get splinters up our arseholes from sitting so long on the fence.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would your son be interested in playing in a jazz band?

If so I have a wonderful tutor to recommend. He’s a bullying psychopath but on the plus side he’s not a nonce
    The not a nonce thing is huge. I didn't know that was an option. Do you have a number?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure this was in any doubt (well for most of us anyway)

If the people who are fans want you to win the title, but the people who run the club and pay your salary don’t care....whose your daddy.

I think he’d like to win the title, but when he’s under no pressure to do so and would only arguably invite pressure on himself by spending where’s the motivation?

We have to whether we like it or not. Make the assumption that the next guy will be Gazidis’ man, and therefore it will be interesting to see what the new guys minimum objectives are. My personal belief would be that a new guy should be given a three year contract that would be terminated within that period if there are a lot of unacceptable results in a short period and the contract won’t be extended if minimum objectives which would include signs of gradual improvement and a sustained title challenge in that time
    If it's not in any doubt, I have no idea why there is an argument over this Top 4 trophy rubbish. If it's clear he cares more about delivering results for Stan Kroenke over the fans, why the fuck would anyone want to try and defend him? He's worse than Kroenke. He has betrayed the club, fans, his players and a disgrace to football management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That wasn't an argument. I wasn't arguing anything, I was just asking.
    And I'm not convinced your analogy stands up, your son may be crap at guitar but you'd still feel a sense of parental pride in him having a go.
    You wouldn't watch him play for 90 minutes full of rage, call him and his teacher a **** every 5 minutes and afterwards even if he actually played quite well for once kick the cat and whine about how shit he is and that his teacher should be sacked.
    So that's what you are up to is it? Giving Wenger some credit for "having a go"?

Well he can go and manage Sunday league, can't he?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    The not a nonce thing is huge. I didn't know that was an option. Do you have a number?
    Just a name Terence Fletcher

But also can I ask, when you sent your reply do you think you were Rushing or Dragging?