User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Match reacton - Soton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    More bullshit Letters. It's not this one thread in isolation, it's the combination of all of them. You've already, by your own words, appointed yourself the defender of Wenger against the harsh excesses of fans who fail your "reasonableness" test. Seems that provided we are prepared to say Wenger is an above average manager who is trying to win the title and the CL, we get a pass. Otherwise no, and we have to be confronted and corrected.

By your own words.
    I've already addressed this but I just respond to what I feel is incorrect to discuss the topic. Isn't that what debate is?
    Whether Wenger is too content with top 4 (yes, IMO) or whether it's his primary aim (no, IMO) seems a reasonable topic for debate.

Pretty sure I said this earlier on this very thread, but I would respond if there was a "Ty" on here who was relentlessly pro-Wenger and believed the next title is just around the corner. But there isn't so it just happens that given the mood on here the things I respond to tend to be the more extreme anti-Wenger views which I don't subscribe to.

That does not mean I defend him at every opportunity.
    That does not mean I still want him here.

You can say what you like about Wenger or Kronke or the players any other subject in other areas of the forum.
    Contrary to some people's belief, your views aren't being censored.
    But if I disagree with you and I have the time and the inclination (and, honestly, as we are winding down for Christmas at work I have plenty of both right now) then I'll respond as I see fit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I want to do is escape the world for a couple of hours a week and watch some sport.

But we have Wenger.
    May I recommend the MK Dons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I've already addressed this but I just respond to what I feel is incorrect to discuss the topic. Isn't that what debate is?
    Whether Wenger is too content with top 4 (yes, IMO) or whether it's his primary aim (no, IMO) seems a reasonable topic for debate.

Pretty sure I said this earlier on this very thread, but I would respond if there was a "Ty" on here who was relentlessly pro-Wenger and believed the next title is just around the corner. But there isn't so it just happens that given the mood on here the things I respond to tend to be the more extreme anti-Wenger views which I don't subscribe to.

That does not mean I defend him at every opportunity.
    That does not mean I still want him here.

You can say what you like about Wenger or Kronke or the players any other subject in other areas of the forum.
    Contrary to some people's belief, your views aren't being censored.
    But if I disagree with you and I have the time and the inclination (and, honestly, as we are winding down for Christmas at work I have plenty of both right now) then I'll respond as I see fit.
    Erm... never suggested for a moment my views were being censored. And, btw, congratulating yourself for not being a censor is very much like self applause for not being a rapist.

Gatekeeping is not the same thing as debate. And you seem to underplay the frustration some fans feel when watching this shit show unfold when they KNOW it could be so much different, were it not for one man. Kroenke's a cunt, everyone agrees on that much. But he's not the guy who picks the team, the tactics, makes the subs, handles the transfer window, organises the coaching responsibilities, delegates (or not), etc. That's on Wenger and his fingerprints all over every repetitive failure, it's so painfully obvious. You don't watch the games any more so maybe you don't get it. But for those that do, and it's easily understandable why fans would want to watch the games no matter what, it's explosively irritating to watch this muppet as he wrecks season after season after season. Of course fans are going to blow off steam. And what could be more unwelcome than another fan pitching up and doing the , there, there, it's not as bad as you think, routine.

Well after all these years. Yes. It actually is as bad as we can think, say, see. It really is. It's beyond a joke now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    If Letters thinks he should be sacked, which he has claimed in his own words

Does it really matter which conclusions either of you come to in any real sense.

On the other hand I do think the “why do you watch it if you hate it” argument he makes is rather pointless

You may think your son is shit at the guitar and is in fact regressing, he may have a shit music tutor and the school he belongs to refuses to sack said music teacher who is old and living on past glories. But you will still listen to your sons guitar recitals even though you suspect he’s gonna hit loads of bum notes.
    I never knew my son took guitar lessons. I didn’t even know he had a guitar.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm... never suggested for a moment my views were being censored. And, btw, congratulating yourself for not being a censor is very much like self applause for not being a rapist.

And how do you know I'm not a rapist?
    Will you stop putting words in my mouth.