User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs West Ham (away).

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    It tends to to and fro

Last season we scored 37 goals away from home, which is pretty much in line with how many goals we scored away from home in league winning seasons. After 9 games this season we’ve already failed to find the net in more games than we did the whole of last season.

Don’t get me wrong the 37 goals stat is quite misleading in the sense that its padded by four goals scored against Hull, Sunderland and Stoke and 5 goals against West Ham.

In terms of our inability to break teams down its far more like the 05/06 season where we ended up scoring 20 away from home all season.

And in fact our away form in 2017, is in fact completely the same as our away form for that season won 6 Drawn 4 and Lost 9 (that was called a transitional season )

It’s not so much saying things haven’t been shit for a long time, it’s more that at times it can be shit in different ways. We either can score goals but can’t defend, can defend but can’t score goals or at the moment can’t do either.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 15-12-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    First time I've listened to Arsenal Fan TV in months. I've stopped listening to the podcasts...god knows why I still post on GW.
    Because I brought it back to life

Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Just listening to it. I'm shocked really. They discuss these issues like it's the first time they've seen this problem. We've been struggling to breakdown teams for years. Our wingers have never taken it wide, all of our players play it safe and refuse to take a man on (Alexis excluded). The story of Bellerin is all too familiar. Ox and Theo had the same problem when trying to attack the wing.

Not surprised that fans have grown tired of it all and just accepting it. First time I've listened to Arsenal Fan TV in months. I've stopped listening to the podcasts...god knows why I still post on GW.
    For the same reason real fans (EDIT: as opposed to the tourists) still go to the games, I suppose. A longstanding sense of belonging and a deep nostalgia. Wenger has locked everything to do with Arsenal in an endless shit loop. The club, the team, the transfer windows, the TV and radio shows, twatter, forums, GW. Destined to circle in time for all eternity, or until Wenger leaves. Whichever happens sooner.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 15-12-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It tends to to and fro

Last season we scored 37 goals away from home, which is pretty much in line with how many goals we scored away from home in league winning seasons. After 9 games this season we’ve already failed to find the net in more games than we did the whole of last season.

Don’t get me wrong the 37 goals stat is quite misleading in the sense that its padded by four goals scored against Hull, Sunderland and Stoke and 5 goals against West Ham.

In terms of our inability to break teams down its far more like the 05/06 season where we ended up scoring 20 away from home all season.

And in fact our away form in 2017, is in fact completely the same as our away form for that season won 6 Drawn 4 and Lost 9 (that was called a transitional season )

It’s not so much saying things haven’t been shit for a long time, it’s more that at times it can be shit in different ways. We either can score goals but can’t defend, can defend but can’t score goals or at the moment can’t do either.
    Sounds like whackamole. The coaches sort out the defence and move on to the midfield. Wenger nips in behind and fucks the defence again. Whackawenker.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If only he would fall asleep. If he started sleeping in on weekdays and took the weekends off we'd see an instant improvement.

Meanwhile, another debate on our "progress." No doubt GW is years ahead, fans and pundits are starting to talk about what was obvious here years ago.

The Xhaka and Ozil debates reminds me of what we've had on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    For the same reason real fans (EDIT: as opposed to the tourists) still go to the games, I suppose. A longstanding sense of belonging and a deep nostalgia. Wenger has locked everything to do with Arsenal in an endless shit loop. The club, the team, the transfer windows, the TV and radio shows, twatter, forums, GW. Destined to circle in time for all eternity, or until Wenger leaves. Whichever happens sooner.
    Can't wait until we discuss all of this again in Newcastle's post match thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Can't wait until we discuss all of this again in Newcastle's post match thread.
    I think we had a - Match Reaction, All Remaining Games - thread by about game 20 last season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a burrito for lunch today what horrible things they are. Bread, rice and beans mixed together... Weird textures and flavours

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Thai food.
    Thai food

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thai massages