User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction: Wengers looneytoons. V Keystone Klopps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Maitland-Niles dealt with Mane and Fiminho well. Iwobi continues to do my nut in and clearly as a unit we still can't defend. Doesn't look like we have learned how to play this back 3 system still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I thought Maitland-Niles dealt with Mane and Fiminho well. Iwobi continues to do my nut in and clearly as a unit we still can't defend. Doesn't look like we have learned how to play this back 3 system still.
    ...are you serious? We played a back 4.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doh! I meant we haven't learned how to defend in a system!

Though I can barely tell what system we are supposed to be using these days unless I see it written on a team sheet and even then I question it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw nothing in the Maitland Niles performance worth praising. We bought the best LB in the Bundesliga last year and suddenly a young MF is better than him?. Nutty professor plays a CM as RB and an aging RB as CB. The por kid was visually flagging in the 2nd half and was being overrun in his position. Just because we got a draw doesnt mask what a rancid performance everyone had especially Iwobi who was downright useless to the team.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maitland Niles was struggling at first but eventually settled. Nothing particularly special about him though, seems pretty run of the mill in all honesty. Much like those other kids who have played in the Milk Cup and Europa this season.

Bizarre how Kolasinac has been benched though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    We showed incredible character when we went down 2-0. Liverpool were lucky to stay with us. But for the Cech error, we probably could have gone on to win by at least 2.

We get down about the team, and rightfully so, but when you see character like we displayed in the second half, it shows what this team can be capable of.
    We've always known they are capable. We've seen it so many times. I can't respect it. It's hard to like any of the players on that team. They're not Arsenal. They turned up for 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    We showed incredible character when we went down 2-0. Liverpool were lucky to stay with us. But for the Cech error, we probably could have gone on to win by at least 2.

We get down about the team, and rightfully so, but when you see character like we displayed in the second half, it shows what this team can be capable of.
    Not being funny but Liverpool should have been about 5-0 up by the time we scored, we we're lucky to stay with them if anything, we're just lucky they fluffed their chances. After the season we've had (and after last season) coming back to get a lucky draw is hardly anything to rave about, in the first half we weren't in it at all and just because we got lucky and then managed to get a few goals against a non existent defence doesn't IMO deserve much praise.

We've dropped a stackful of points this season, got hammered by Liverpool earlier in the season, any team with character would have come out with all guns blazing rather than relying on their opponents to miss their chances and then come back.

Another two points dropped in another car crash season, deserve zero credit IMO as should never have been 2-0 down at home in the 1st place, the midfield and defence are shocking and the goalkeeper is also becoming a liability, nothing there to praise for me, a point is poor, I see it as two dropped points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    We've always known they are capable. We've seen it so many times. I can't respect it. It's hard to like any of the players on that team. They're not Arsenal. They turned up for 5 minutes.
    Precisely, Liverpool should have been out of sight, they fell apart and their defence and keeper had a shocker, but make no mistake they were the better team and should have won on balance of play. We got out of jail, but at this stage it's more dropped point and another sub standard performance, after getting hammered earlier in the season you'd expect any decent team to come out fired up, not this lot though, no heart, no pride, no hunger just a bunch of losers (mostly) just like the manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I saw nothing in the Maitland Niles performance worth praising. We bought the best LB in the Bundesliga last year and suddenly a young MF is better than him?. Nutty professor plays a CM as RB and an aging RB as CB. The por kid was visually flagging in the 2nd half and was being overrun in his position. Just because we got a draw doesnt mask what a rancid performance everyone had especially Iwobi who was downright useless to the team.
    And Yet Maitland-Niles' last two performances have been better than Kola's last few in the league....are you sure you've seen nothing? That's despite the fact he is a right footed young player playing out of position. He put the rest of those clowns to shame imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    And Yet Maitland-Niles' last two performances have been better than Kola's last few in the league....are you sure you've seen nothing? That's despite the fact he is a right footed young player playing out of position. He put the rest of those clowns to shame imo.
    Every pundit that i have seen review the game has laid the blame for the 1st Pool goal at AMN`s feet. He was nowhere to be seen when Firmino scored.
    Lets see what happens in the next few games. Nah, we already know whats going to happen, same as before.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day