User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction Arsenal 2-2 Cheating Chavs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil has been fantastic recently, he is a top player one that just hasn't been performing up until this season but when he does he's a real asset. Whether it's too late for us is another matter, he may well go, I don't really understand why he woudn't have signed by now if he was staying.

We were awful at the back yesterday, Chambers was shocking and I'm just not convinced with this guy, Holding struggled as well but he's young, Mustafi though had a shocker a string of bad errors, for 35 million much like Xhaka he just hasn't performed well at all, a very disappointing signing.

The front three are great and there's a few others who are decent, but there's definitely a lot of players we could replace now, our squad isn't really that good and our team needs improvement.

We've played OK against the top 6, but in the end we've only won 1, we've drawn 3 (2 at home) and lost 3 so far so that's not a great record, 6 points out of 21 and the fact is we needed to win the last 2 and have failed to do so, that's a pretty poor return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    January transfer news and rumours -'Liverpool line up Thomas Lemar as Philippe Coutinho replacement' https://t.co/NOUhmUkjdL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The penalty decision, the last angle shows Bellerin displaced Hazards foot, soft no doubt bu tcan see why it was a penalty:

http://arsenalist.com/f/2017-18/arse...t-arsenal.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    January transfer news and rumours -'Liverpool line up Thomas Lemar as Philippe Coutinho replacement' https://t.co/NOUhmUkjdL

I think the Lemar thing is done and dusted as far as we're concerned, we had a chance whilst no other decent club was interested but now it's over. Nice whilst it lasted.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    The points return has been awful. United we killed ourselves in first ten minutes, Liverpool terrible first half, Chelsea make shift defence and terrible penalty decision. At home especially this suggests this team is capable of beating anyone but has to contend with Wengeritis.

I tend to agree about Chambers I think we probably have to cut our losses on him. But I think Mustafi is capable of top performances just doesn’t deliver them consistently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s pretty clear to see that we’re capable of competing with the top teams in this league but there’s no good getting up for certain games and being distinctly lacklustre inbetween. We’re not even beating the top teams anyway so I’m not sure how much we can take away.

We’re being weighed down by the manager, this club is absolutely crying out for a new guy at the helm. For anyone still concerned about life after Wenger, look at what we’re doing now, was this not the fear anyway? Only it’s happening under Wenger and not someone else.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It’s pretty clear to see that we’re capable of competing with the top teams in this league but there’s no good getting up for certain games and being distinctly lacklustre inbetween. We’re not even beating the top teams anyway so I’m not sure how much we can take away.

We’re being weighed down by the manager, this club is absolutely crying out for a new guy at the helm. For anyone still concerned about life after Wenger, look at what we’re doing now, was this not the fear anyway? Only it’s happening under Wenger and not someone else.
    I’m really not sure what anyone could possibly have to fear. I think the fact is with certain people no amount of evidence no matter how glaring can make them change their minds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, you can say what you like about competing against the big teams but we're way behind in the league and even in the games against the big teams we've only won 1 out of 7, those are the facts really, the reality is it's about winning those games not getting draws and losses which is what we ended up with. At home we should be winning games against Chelsea, Liverpool etc especially as away we generally lose those games.

I don't buy the competing thing, if we'd won those matches then fine you could argue a case for it, but we haven't, history doesn't remember the performance.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    At the end of the day, you can say what you like about competing against the big teams but we're way behind in the league and even in the games against the big teams we've only won 1 out of 7, those are the facts really, the reality is it's about winning those games not getting draws and losses which is what we ended up with. At home we should be winning games against Chelsea, Liverpool etc especially as away we generally lose those games.

I don't buy the competing thing, if we'd won those matches then fine you could argue a case for it, but we haven't, history doesn't remember the performance.
    The argument isn’t that we are competing, it’s that we have the team to compete just being held back by l’ouisseau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    The argument isn’t that we are competing, it’s that we have the team to compete just being held back by l’ouisseau
    I think the front 3 are good (although 2 are possibly leaving so that's the front 3 messed up again), the midfield has one or two that are decent but other than than the team needs rebuilding. The defence just isn't right and even the goalkeeper might need replacing.

The squad is also lacking, just look at the options we had off the bench, very average players.

Wenger definitely holds us back, partly because he won't sign anyone decent and also because he's clueless and no doubt they would improve under a better manager, but to be honest the defence and midfield will need work, a will the attack if we lose Ozil and Sanchez.