No FA cup to fall back on

Probably no carling cup

Europa league a long slog and unlikely

No top 4 again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger's view on the second penalty, which may have taken a double touch:"I didn't see it. I've said what I have to say [on referees] I don't need to say any more."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    A couple of seasons ago this kind of defeat would have left me angry, now I don't feel anything. Just fuck off Wenger.
    It brings me a great sense of hilarity

long gone do I feel upset over games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Priority is ensuring Wenger's energy/ GPS/ Ouija Board stats pack spreadsheet is optimal and has great spirit and culture. Otherwise we might get injuries or Ozil might decide to sue us for having to play when he has other plans. It's not just a case of ordering players on 100K a week to turn up and give 100%, you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubby Allen View Post
    What exactly were we resting players, who did not need resting for? What is the priority?

The League Cup, finishing 4th-6th or the Europa League in two months time?
    Not declining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lot of people here might be disappointed that Arsenal are out of the consolation cup.

The thing is, these are the kind of results that MIGHT, JUST MIGHT, get Wenger and Kroenke to mutually agree that Arsenal need a new direction.

It was a free loss because finishing in the CL places in the League is far far far far more important than winning this cup again.

There is the money and it will help to attract top players especially if Wenger leaves.

I am not disappointed and I also hope he plays the same team in BOTH matches against Chelsea, so that Arsenal can concentrate on the PL and maybe winning the Europa league which is very unlikely I know.

Arsenal MUST get into the CL next season in one way or another, that is essential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "It was very frustrating [being in the stands] and unfortunately it was a case on top of that of seeing the team lose. We played a very good Forest team who were sharp and focused. The challenges were decisive. Overall our performance wasn't good enough.

"We have many players on the edge [of fitness] and we play again on Wednesday. When you don't win the selection is always questioned. I believe we had an experienced team - eight or nine internationals. It would be easy to think that was the problem.

"When you're against a team like that they're very difficult to beat. Defensively you cannot afford the mistakes we made."
    Apparently our defence wasn't good enough. Shocker. I hope this doesn't lead to some knee-jerk reaction like working out a defensive plan, or something like that. We all know that if you point out mistakes to the players it is very bad for them.

Forest caretaker boss Gary Brazil: "That was a fantastic day for the football club. I may be a little bit biased but I think it was a well-deserved win. There were some big performances from the players this afternoon and I always felt comfortable we would go on and win the game and so it proved.

"It would have been foolish to play the game Arsenal wanted us to so we had to go on the front foot and get in amongst them. We didn't want to give them space or time on the ball or allow them to dictate the game. Our first 10 minutes showed our intent and we really set the tempo of the contest."
    This guy is basically admitting to cheating. He studied us before the game and then came up with tactics that didn't suit us. Scumbag.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who's coaching?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    I know a lot of people here might be disappointed that Arsenal are out of the consolation cup.

The thing is, these are the kind of results that MIGHT, JUST MIGHT, get Wenger and Kroenke to mutually agree that Arsenal need a new direction.

It was a free loss because finishing in the CL places in the League is far far far far more important than winning this cup again.

There is the money and it will help to attract top players especially if Wenger leaves.

I am not disappointed and I also hope he plays the same team in BOTH matches against Chelsea, so that Arsenal can concentrate on the PL and maybe winning the Europa league which is very unlikely I know.

Arsenal MUST get into the CL next season in one way or another, that is essential.
    We should be focusing on winning all our matches in every competition. There's no prioritising bullshit, this manager and these players are paid to get results every time the step out on a pitch. There's no excuses. No easy rides or freebies. To win and win consistently you must have the mentality of a winner, not a part-time winner, or a show up when you fancy it winner. This is a disgraceful loss brought about by an arrogant man that can't see he's lost the winning edge. Everyone else can see it though, including caretaker managers from the Championship. The reputation of the club is taking hammer blows.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think its called zonal marking... the attacker is in the wrong position.