User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just glad to have stayed in the tie unlike the FA cup. Still annoyed about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lacazette issue....it was always a risk buying a striker that plays like a typical number 9. When linked with Lacazette a few years ago, I was hesitant because I don't know how a typical number 9 would operate in this team. Laca isn't a high touch busy player that's doing all the link up stuff. He's always on the end of moves and Wenger has always preferred these high touch players that link up play even if they can't finish (Chamakh, Welbeck, Sanogo, Giourd). Wenger has done Laca no favours with his team selection and change of formation. The constants subs must be killing his confidence too.

Also, I think most of you that have been harsh on Theo playing up front need to have a rethink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Also, I reckon Giroud would have more goals than Lacashite if he had played as many games. 8 goals is poor return.
    I dunno, man. Giroud scored 12 goals in Prem last season. We've seen Giroud go 10 games without a goal and when we've had better players creating chances for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I dunno, man. Giroud scored 12 goals in Prem last season. We've seen Giroud go 10 games without a goal and when we've had better players creating chances for him.
    Bif wasn’t first choice last season either. He only started 11 league games.

I’m no Giroud fan but I don’t think we’d be any worse off if he was still number 1.

Laca is obviously a good finisher but the return is poor, it can’t be ignored anymore. He needs to start scoring more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a £50m striker and aren't playing to his strengths.

It's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter who you put in there because Wenger thinks a striker is the foremost midfielder who should play with his back to goal and bring the other 9 midfielders into play. The stupid cunt has systematically destroyed Lacazette. On the one occasion when Jack (now injured) put a little ambition into the play Lacazette worked his way off the shoulder of his defender and got a shot at goal. Not a very good one, but why do we see that only once every 3 or 4 games? We have a striker with good pace, plenty of power, good technique and (when he arrived anyway) an eye for goal. Sticking him up front isolated and playing short taps into him is a massive waste and we'd be better of selling him and buying Fellani. Fellani is a big useless lump that will barge into challenges all day long, win it in the air and tap it aimlessly around the place. If that's Wenger's much admired style the journos are still going on about then put a bid in for Fellaini and let's make the transformation to pub team complete.

Nothing is worth judging or analysing in any depth while Wenger is here. He causes everything within a 100 foot radius to wither and die. Look at Kolasinac. Look at Iwobi. Look at Cech. Look at Bellerin. Look at Chambers, Holding, Mustafi, Xhaka. All better players before Wenger got his hands on them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bif wasn’t first choice last season either. He only started 11 league games.

I’m no Giroud fan but I don’t think we’d be any worse off if he was still number 1.

Laca is obviously a good finisher but the return is poor, it can’t be ignored anymore. He needs to start scoring more.
    Bif in a full season when playing with Sanchez, Santi and Ozil can only manage 14 -16 goals. Playing in this formation and with the amount of games Ozil and Sanchez have missed... I dunno, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I reckon Giroud would have more goals than Lacashite if he had played as many games. 8 goals is poor return.
    100%

Lacazette absolutely has to start delivering. I like him but he's been disappointing.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Yeah I think it’s a bit much to blame poor service, that effort of his last night wasn’t exactly the first time he’s done similar stuff.

His confidence seems shot which of course you can blame Wenger for, what’s he doing to address it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    36 games in, No one is in double figures. By this time last season both Giroud and Sanchez were in double figures.

Lacazette unquestionably looks a better footballer, but brass tacks he has not scored in 7 league games. The kind of form Giroud would be crucified for.

And value matters, for all the abuse we give Giroud the guy has been an absolute bargain for what we paid for him. No he clearly isn’t good enough to be the leading striker for a club at the level Arsenal claims to be, but supposedly Lacazette is and clearly isn’t delivering.