User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of Wenger.

If you swapped Lacazette with aguero I think their seasons would be reversed.

It's the system not the player. He gets about 0.5 chances a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ, the state of our team. We look so weak going forward. Sure we had injuries, but only Ozil and Sanchez and maybe to a lesser degree Ramsey would have made any real difference to the offensive side of our game and 2 of those players are off.

0-0 was a decent enough result if we have a full team to choose from for the return leg but we need to up our attacking game to get past this lot in a couple of weeks time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Because of Wenger.

Lacazette has hardly been that brilliant even when he’s got service. Would he get more gilt edged chances playing for a team which had more creativity in midfield....of course. But as much as Wengers system and the players he chooses to buy are baffling and inexplicable, there has to be a degree of individual responsibility. Should Lacazette be getting more chances of the kind like last night where Jack dinked a ball over to him, yes. But a 50million player shouldn’t be shanking such a chance so badly.

I don’t think it’s an either or thing that it’s either Wengers fault or the players fault. I think it’s both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Because of Wenger.

This 3-4-3 system isn't working at all. Lacazette isn't getting enough support behind him or either side of him. If we were playing 4-2-3-1 he'd at least have the number 10 to play off and thread him through. Too often in this system he looks isolated. The only play I can see working up front in this system is someone like Alexis.

Giroud scored 11 goals in total for his debut season. Even on his best days he's had seasons where he's gone 8 or more games without scoring. I wouldn't put him in this system and expect the problem to be solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe not last night, but against "lesser" teams why can't we play 4-4-2? I know the ultra-bore managers who lead the fashion trends in such things say 4-4-2 is dead, but if fuck all else is working and we can't get the results anyway or defend to save our lives, and considering we're always outnumbered in midfield because the fuckers are never there, why don't we officially go gung-ho and shoot it out while utilising the strengths of our best forward players? What have we got to lose that we haven't already lost? And at least we'd have something to watch besides Pepball Lite.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Lacazette has hardly been that brilliant even when he’s got service. Would he get more gilt edged chances playing for a team which had more creativity in midfield....of course. But as much as Wengers system and the players he chooses to buy are baffling and inexplicable, there has to be a degree of individual responsibility. Should Lacazette be getting more chances of the kind like last night where Jack dinked a ball over to him, yes. But a 50million player shouldn’t be shanking such a chance so badly.

I don’t think it’s an either or thing that it’s either Wengers fault or the players fault. I think it’s both
    Lacazette displayed a surprising technical level and a keen eye for goal when he first arrived. Something has happened that has detracted from his game. If I had to guess I'd say that something begins with W.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Maybe not last night, but against "lesser" teams why can't we play 4-4-2? I know the ultra-bore managers who lead the fashion trends in such things say 4-4-2 is dead, but if fuck all else is working and we can't get the results anyway or defend to save our lives, and considering we're always outnumbered in midfield because the fuckers are never there, why don't we officially go gung-ho and shoot it out while utilising the strengths of our best forward players? What have we got to lose that we haven't already lost? And at least we'd have something to watch besides Pepball Lite.
    It’s made zero sense to me why we’ve never played a two man striker set up to help solve the problem. Especially now when Wenger has emptied the midfield for this 3-4-3 formation. Why not even try a 3-5-2? We could still play Ozil as number 10 whilst playing Lacazette and Sanchez/Giroud up front.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    This 3-4-3 system isn't working at all. Lacazette isn't getting enough support behind him or either side of him. If we were playing 4-2-3-1 he'd at least have the number 10 to play off and thread him through. Too often in this system he looks isolated. The only play I can see working up front in this system is someone like Alexis.

Giroud scored 11 goals in total for his debut season. Even on his best days he's had seasons where he's gone 8 or more games without scoring. I wouldn't put him in this system and expect the problem to be solved.
    If people are offering Giroud as a solution than I’d say no that’s just daft

But I think people are more comparing a player that cost 13 million and one that cost 50 million and saying that in the same amount of games Giroud could have scored as many if not more goals in the same period, to illustrate that even with the drawbacks of playing under a manager who has no clue what he’s doing...that Lacazette is underperforming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daily Fail: "Arsene Wenger was a grumpy and animated character in the Chelsea press box: 'Every time Alvaro Morata goes down it's a f****** free-kick'"

Maybe so. But for once he's right. In fact Wenger is also right about the poxy refs, so he's been right twice in a week. Progress?

Absolutely true. Every time that cunt Azzaaaahhhhh, and also Morata, went down the ref went straight to the whistle. Azzzaaaahhhh is a notorious cheat. He cheated us last week and he cheated all the way through this game. Will VAR be used to identify and punish the cheats? Somehow I doubt it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    And yes I agree, there are games we’ve played where there’s absolutely no reason not to play two strikers

Well actually there is a reason, Wenger doesn’t have the ability to change a formation system on a game by game basis