Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth match reaction

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Part of me thinks especially in the last couple of years thinks fans could have been more vocal in the ground. Part of me thinks sort of a reinactment of Bradford City wouldn’t make these people take notice. Totally encapsulated from reality
    Perhaps. But tbf the away fans especially were very vocal last season with banners, chants and as cringy as it was the, the plane flying overhead all which attracted a lot of media attention. Only to then have to stop when results picked up and ultimately ignored when Kroenke awarded Wenger another two year contract. You don't see the same level of protests this season not because the level of anti-Wenger sentiment has subsided (quite the opposite really) but more rather because people realise it's ultimately futile after last season. People are just tired and apathetic now.

Short of doing a Blackpool style protest where fans literally invade the pitch and stop a match I'm not sure what else is there left to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

Short of doing a Blackpool style protest where fans literally invade the pitch and stop a match I'm not sure what else is there left to do.
    As if our skinny latte loving, mong infested, middle class fan base would do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    As if our skinny latte loving, mong infested, middle class fan base would do that
    Harsh on Letters. I think he prefers cappuccinos instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, speaking to BBC Sport: "We were 1-0 up and suddenly we lost two goals and we don't know where they came from. It is very frustrating. Overall we have to look at it in a very objective and harsh way we made mistakes we should not have made.

"The team that fights against relegation will fight and you cannot afford any concentration mistake.

Did the change to four at the back affect Arsenal? "Maybe a little bit but 1-1 was not good enough for us. We had to win the game. I think if you look again at the second goal we made many mistakes and that is what we paid for."

On Alexis Sanchez: "Half in half out, you never know this kind of situation during the transfer period. That is why I decided to focus on the game."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    The fact me, Zimm and the likes of PnG have a lifetime victory over you and Letters is the biggest satisfaction of all

No matter what you mongs say or abuse you throw we've won and forever have one over you
    A lifetime victory???

You sound like you were bullied a lot at school

The thing is I actually bet you were one of the ones who laughed at people calling for Wenger to go back in 2010 and 2011. But the tide turned a bit and you wanted to be one of the cool kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ha ha ha ha ha !!!!

Wenger's top top top qualiteeeeee mid table pubbers.

It's just funny now. Hilarious. There's no other club, business venture, charity group or chess club that would allow a cunt like this to survive in charge. And now they are going to give him a chequebook so he can stack up some more Xhakas and Mustafis

It's comedy gold. The biggest trolling of a fan base ever.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This club has been mismanaged in every possible way, the way a guy has been able to get away with anything he likes without ever having to answer for his actions is a joke. No other club in the world could treat it's fans with so much contempt and still have some fawning over them, now we're losing our best players who are out of contract, some journo 2 years ago noticed our players contracts were running down and yet noone at the club seems bothered.

Wenger is an awful manager he really is, pound for pound the worst, everything he brings with him is an absolute car crash and what's worse whatever the consensus about him is he goes and wins a tin pot trophy or gets 4th and all is forgiven.

He's helped turn this club into this mess, that will be his legacy turning this club into one that couldn't care less about the fans and will do anything to make money and spin people what ever they want to hear to them to pay up.

Still can't believe people put up with this rubbish tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gone past caring to be honest.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Perhaps. But tbf the away fans especially were very vocal last season with banners, chants and as cringy as it was the, the plane flying overhead all which attracted a lot of media attention. Only to then have to stop when results picked up and ultimately ignored when Kroenke awarded Wenger another two year contract. You don't see the same level of protests this season not because the level of anti-Wenger sentiment has subsided (quite the opposite really) but more rather because people realise it's ultimately futile after last season. People are just tired and apathetic now.

What helped Wenger a lot I think was the home form in general....won 16 out of 20 league games at the Emirates. On the very slight occasion where we won games away from home the reaction was more muted.

There is an element of Stockholm syndrome as well, I think the majority of fans want him gone but didn’t feel like they could bring themselves to hound him out. Whether that good will will last if he makes good on his stated intent to honour his contract....who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    A lifetime victory???

You sound like you were bullied a lot at school

The thing is I actually bet you were one of the ones who laughed at people calling for Wenger to go back in 2010 and 2011. But the tide turned a bit and you wanted to be one of the cool kids
    He became anti Wenger at the same time most people started turning on him which is around that Leicester season ..... not sure what he's gloating about considering his history of major fails with players like Adebayor and Eboue.

Zim is the only one who's been consistent about Wenger but then again he was moaning during the invincible season so it's more a broken clock situation there.

tl;dr's - them acting like prophets for predicting Wenger's demise is laughable.