These fans are going to give Claude a heart attack
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    I’m not so sure.

Maybe there only is room for one boss and Sanchez was causing the problems.

Wenger deserves a chance without that kind of distraction. Wenger was the common denominator when it came to earning a place in the CL.

Sanchez is divisive. People with a desire to win at all costs often are.
    Oh god...not you too. FFS

This is a vicious cycle. Wenger doesn't deserve another chance. We've seen him wipe the deck on a couple of occasions because the idea gets around that we play a lot better without one or two bad eggs. This is how project youth was born. Vieira, Cole, Henry....they all had their diva moments, their match my 'sporting ambition' stand offs and the majority of us had faith in Wenger to sell them and get even better results without them. There is always a moment or game where we think we're better off without these guys. Whether it be a young Gael Clichy having a run of good form, a Cesc Fabregas showing up Vieira during a crucial CL game or an Adebayor scoring 30 goals the season after we sell Henry to Barca.

But what happens after that? We end up in the same place. Adebayor turns into the bad egg that needs replacing, as revisited on another thread, Cesc has a 'match my sporting ambition moment' or the new young hopeful protege that's supposed to be able to take over from the old legends fall way short of our expectations and level needed to win us silverware. We ended up in the same place even though we had supposedly cleared the squad of the bad apples and demanding players that shackled the rest from performing.

So the fans end up demanding more experienced players. The demand for experienced players turns to a demand for more world class experienced players. It's should be obvious by now that we can't just make do off players like Merts, Arteta and Giroud. We needed players like Sanchez. But players like Sanchez are hard to handle. You won't find a single player of that sort of quality that's not a handful. Every manager at a top club has one or two to cope with. What's funny is that we're about to bring in Aubameyang and he won't be a walk in the part either. We'll end up back in the same place quickly. It's up to the manager to make this situation work.

We talk so much about wanting players, a manager and board owner that have a pure desire to win at all costs yet we come across a player that has that desire and we identify him as the problem and not everything else around him. It's bizarre. It's the one thing that really pisses me off with Arsenal fans. So quick to forget everything after one result. We deserve what we get if we fall for this bullshit again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's taking the piss tbf.

But plenty of fans are out there celebrating. We're back!

This time next year we'll all be CL winners

Exciting times.

Wenger
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the narrative around explaining or even linking a good performance with the absence of Sanchez strange. Against Bournemouth people said the opposite and yet yesterday on Arsenal fan tv a lot of them were suggesting Sanchez' absence as a good thing and reason for winning as we did!??......

Maybe it was something to do with the fact our first choice defenders returned and a competent footballer in Ozil was back!??? Jeez......
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 21-01-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yes....he was definitely taking the piss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I found the narrative around explaining or even linking a good performance with the absence of Sanchez strange. Against Bournemouth people said the opposite and yet yesterday on Arsenal fan to a lot of them were suggesting Sanchez' absence as a good thing and reason for winning as we did!??......

Maybe it was something to do with the fact our first choice defenders returned and a competent footballer in Ozil was back!??? Jeez......
    There's an element of butt hurt massaging going on I guess. The thought we can't keep the big players here is an admission we've dropped out of the top tier, and that's a hard admission to make. We're like the guy who turned fat, lost his job and is always trying to borrow money to buy booze. Our fashion model wife got fed up and jilted us.

What a bitch!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I think he's taking the piss tbf.

But plenty of fans are out there celebrating. We're back!

This time next year we'll all be CL winners

Exciting times.

Wenger
    Yeah it's embarrassing to be honest, there's a section of the fan base that are truly cringeworthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I found the narrative around explaining or even linking a good performance with the absence of Sanchez strange. Against Bournemouth people said the opposite and yet yesterday on Arsenal fan tv a lot of them were suggesting Sanchez' absence as a good thing and reason for winning as we did!??......

Arsenal fans pretending losing their best player is a good thing, they always turn it around to make Wenger look good, utter rubbish though, they're only embarrassing themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post

This is a vicious cycle. Wenger doesn't deserve another chance. We've seen him wipe the deck on a couple of occasions because the idea gets around that we play a lot better without one or two bad eggs. This is how project youth was born. Vieira, Cole, Henry....they all had their diva moments, their match my 'sporting ambition' stand offs and the majority of us had faith in Wenger to sell them and get even better results without them. There is always a moment or game where we think we're better off without these guys. Whether it be a young Gael Clichy having a run of good form, a Cesc Fabregas showing up Vieira during a crucial CL game or an Adebayor scoring 30 goals the season after we sell Henry to Barca.

But what happens after that? We end up in the same place. Adebayor turns into the bad egg that needs replacing, as revisited on another thread, Cesc has a 'match my sporting ambition moment' or the new young hopeful protege that's supposed to be able to take over from the old legends fall way short of our expectations and level needed to win us silverware. We ended up in the same place even though we had supposedly cleared the squad of the bad apples and demanding players that shackled the rest from performing.

So the fans end up demanding more experienced players. The demand for experienced players turns to a demand for more world class experienced players. It's should be obvious by now that we can't just make do off players like Merts, Arteta and Giroud. We needed players like Sanchez. But players like Sanchez are hard to handle. You won't find a single player of that sort of quality that's not a handful. Every manager at a top club has one or two to cope with. What's funny is that we're about to bring in Aubameyang and he won't be a walk in the part either. We'll end up back in the same place quickly. It's up to the manager to make this situation work.

We talk so much about wanting players, a manager and board owner that have a pure desire to win at all costs yet we come across a player that has that desire and we identify him as the problem and not everything else around him. It's bizarre. It's the one thing that really pisses me off with Arsenal fans. So quick to forget everything after one result. We deserve what we get if we fall for this bullshit again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction Arsenal 4-1 Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post

It was a wind up.

Sorry.

I thought about keeping it going, but I just don’t have the strength.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.