Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Mkhitaryan thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Nope, let's keep him nearer the opposition box where he got 3 assists
    OK, you'll soon see what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Early days but I was worried he'd be ineffective from the wing.
    That still might be the case so we'll have to wait and see. Mkhi is very similar to Ozil and likes moving towards the ball rather than going for runs behind. Alexis did both which was really important so hopefully we don't lose that.

I liked how Ozil and Mkhi kept interchanging positions and floating all over the pitch. Everton didn't know how to deal with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    That still might be the case so we'll have to wait and see. Mkhi is very similar to Ozil and likes moving towards the ball rather than going for runs behind. Alexis did both which was really important so hopefully we don't lose that.

I liked how Ozil and Mkhi kept interchanging positions and floating all over the pitch. Everton didn't know how to deal with it.
    They are similar. Was really impressed with his performance. We looked up for it yesterday and Fat Sam made so many changes to Everton compared to his last game; it had to be a contributing factor. Everton looked a lot better in the second half.

I think of players like Nasri, Rosicky and Cazorla when they were played wide. When we were at our best, they'd have great performances but when up against tougher opponents and things weren't as fluid, these guys would struggle to influence the game.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    They are similar. Was really impressed with his performance. We looked up for it yesterday and Fat Sam made so many changes to Everton compared to his last game; it had to be a contributing factor. Everton looked a lot better in the second half.

I think of players like Nasri, Rosicky and Cazorla when they were played wide. When we were at our best, they'd have great performances but when up against tougher opponents and things weren't as fluid, these guys would struggle to influence the game.
    For once I agree with you I think it helps to have a squad that is rotated to play according to who we are playing,

I think for most of our home games and some of our away games for instance we should be playing two up front, especially as against swansea we had three central midfielders playing behind Ozil against Swansea and still couldn’t control the midfield.