User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pierre-Emerick Emiliano François Aubameyang

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger HAS to change the whole system and the whole style of play. And there's no way he can do it. So the way this works is Wenger is asked to step aside to make way for somebody who knows how to do the job. That is the ONLY solution available. I think certain people inside the club realise that and are working to achieve it. At least I hope that's the case.

Progress has been, is and will continue to be about Wenger leaving. Nothing else can happen until that happens.
    Possible if Aubemeyang struggles like Lacazette, there might at least be questions asked of why over 100 million of goal scoring talent has been made to look like a strike partnership of Emile Heskey and Ade Akinbiyi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Possible if Aubemeyang struggles like Lacazette, there might at least be questions asked of why over 100 million of goal scoring talent has been made to look like a strike partnership of Emile Heskey and Ade Akinbiyi
    Heard on a podcast or on a video or somewhere yesterday a pundit comment that if Wenger coached a fish the fish would drown. That's true of all the players at the club now, not just Lacazette. I see every player as performing below their potential, because from time to time we see them step it up, we see they can pass a ball, they can cross a ball, they can show a bit of grit in a tackle. But Wenger gas fallen into the happy families style of coaching which has blunted everyone within a mile of the bloke. He should have been a priest, not a football manager. Make that a Jesuit priest, given his cunning and conniving approach to money matters.

I wasn't joking about the film reference either. If Wenger is not clinically an idiot savant then he's rivalling Hoffman in the acting stakes. Stan must see that too. An unrivalled genius when it comes to extracting money from a football club, and a fumbling child who has no capacity to learn, thumps his own head when he doesn't get his own way, has a pathological hatred of change, can't even do up his fucking coat.

Set against this we have to hope Aubameyang is good enough that regardless of how much Wenger tries to fuck him up he can still make a difference on the pitch. The challenge has defeated Lacazette, eventually took the wind out of Alexis' sails and almost broke Ozil. We'll soon see how much character the new guy has, and he'll need as much as he can muster.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've been listening to Cundy on talk sport. You slut.

HCZ
    Heard on a podcast or on a video or somewhere yesterday a pundit comment that if Wenger coached a fish the fish would drown. That's true of all the players at the club now, not just Lacazette. I see every player as performing below their potential, because from time to time we see them step it up, we see they can pass a ball, they can cross a ball, they can show a bit of grit in a tackle. But Wenger gas fallen into the happy families style of coaching which has blunted everyone within a mile of the bloke. He should have been a priest, not a football manager. Make that a Jesuit priest, given his cunning and conniving approach to money matters.

I wasn't joking about the film reference either. If Wenger is not clinically an idiot savant then he's rivalling Hoffman in the acting stakes. Stan must see that too. An unrivalled genius when it comes to extracting money from a football club, and a fumbling child who has no capacity to learn, thumps his own head when he doesn't get his own way, has a pathological hatred of change, can't even do up his fucking coat.

Set against this we have to hope Aubameyang is good enough that regardless of how much Wenger tries to fuck him up he can still make a difference on the pitch. The challenge has defeated Lacazette, eventually took the wind out of Alexis' sails and almost broke Ozil. We'll soon see how much character the new guy has, and he'll need as much as he can muster.

When you’ve been in a job like that as long as Wenger has, and are pretty safe in that job. I think you are prone to the kind of mentality where you will do the most bizarre and unorthodox things in order to stick two fingers up at people saying you can’t do that.

Honestly if convention says that’s not going to work, Wengers first instinct is to say fuck convention. Rather than simply accept that he hadn’t done his homework on Xhaka and that he isn’t a box to box midfielder he doubles down and persists with him in that role....simply to say I told you so rather than admit he was wrong

I find it impossible to excuse any of the players though, the team we had out against Swansea, all of them are internationals, all of them have top flight experience at other clubs there simply is no excuse for them just to say well if no one else gives a shit neither will we. The midfield as poor as they are, all of them
    Are capable of being more discipline on the ball than that, the defence know not to piss around in their own box....yes there may be no consequences to playing like a cunt, but it still makes you a cunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You made my date mate . You are so funny . Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha.
    You're on your phone on a date, poor girl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    You've been listening to Cundy on talk sport. You slut.
    Well at least I didn't know who it was.

But you seem to
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubameyang will wear the 14 shirt.

Big shoes to fill.

Unless Theo has taken his clown shoes with him?

Walcott looked sharp for Everton. Nice touches, turns...2 goals and assist already. We'll see how long he keeps that form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    When you’ve been in a job like that as long as Wenger has, and are pretty safe in that job. I think you are prone to the kind of mentality where you will do the most bizarre and unorthodox things in order to stick two fingers up at people saying you can’t do that.

Honestly if convention says that’s not going to work, Wengers first instinct is to say fuck convention. Rather than simply accept that he hadn’t done his homework on Xhaka and that he isn’t a box to box midfielder he doubles down and persists with him in that role....simply to say I told you so rather than admit he was wrong

I find it impossible to excuse any of the players though, the team we had out against Swansea, all of them are internationals, all of them have top flight experience at other clubs there simply is no excuse for them just to say well if no one else gives a shit neither will we. The midfield as poor as they are, all of them
    Are capable of being more discipline on the ball than that, the defence know not to piss around in their own box....yes there may be no consequences to playing like a cunt, but it still makes you a cunt
    No way are those players as poor as that. They have been coached into being so poor. These players aren't playing with any instinct or ambition. Seems to me they are far more concerned with retaining possession, building little triangles, keeping the ball away from the opposition. Add to that a desire to conserve energy at all costs. If they can do less they will do less. Until the last few minutes of the half or if we fall a goal behind, then they can magically pick up the pace.

This is all Wenger. He has them following his fucked up principles of football rather than playing football. Look at the way we constantly try to engineer the best possible option in front of goal, as opposed to taking a chance where maybe the odds aren't great. We pass up 2, 3, 5 or 10 chances to shoot so we can work the sideways ball and try to advance from a 25% chance of scoring to a 25.000004% chance. Same with our play in the middle. When we get the ball and have the chance to transition to attack, what do we do? We slow it down, play it sideways, play it back, start building our little triangle and commence the long process of tip tapping it towards the opposition goal by a process of 12 passes sideways and back for each 1 pass forward. Keep the ball, keep the ball, don't lose the ball.

This is Wenger's terror made into a tactic. He bloody well knows he hasn't the faintest clue how to build a defence. He's never had to do it. Graham and Adams and Bould and then Campbell did it for him. And then those players retired and Wenger had to work in an area he has no clue about. And he brought in a stream of shite and we transformed into the soft touch we see today. So he resorted to keep ball instead. If they can't get the ball then they can't rape our laughable defence. It's fear.

And these are just some of the sick aspects of his game. How can a competitive player excel and how can a team knit together when you have such a horrible set of principles to uphold as a priority? Coward is the word I have consistently used to describe him. A coward on the pitch, a coward in the transfer market. Why didn't we want Kante? Because he wasn't as safe as an Arteta/ Xhaka. Of course Wenger's so past it now he couldn't spot that Xhaka is about as safe as a grenade with the pin out. But he had that tip, tap, tip, tap routine down that must have been attractive for Wenger.

As soon as we bring a new manager in - ANY MANAGER - the team will improve.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Walcott looked sharp for Everton. Nice touches, turns...2 goals and assist already. We'll see how long he keeps that form.
    I wish him luck.

Not that he deserves it. How lucky can you get? A decade coasting on tens and hundreds of thousands a week?

Like any player escaping Wenger, I suspect he'll do okay.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way are those players as poor as that. They have been coached into being so poor. These players aren't playing with any instinct or ambition. Seems to me they are far more concerned with retaining possession, building little triangles, keeping the ball away from the opposition. Add to that a desire to conserve energy at all costs. If they can do less they will do less. Until the last few minutes of the half or if we fall a goal behind, then they can magically pick up the pace.

This is all Wenger. He has them following his fucked up principles of football rather than playing football. Look at the way we constantly try to engineer the best possible option in front of goal, as opposed to taking a chance where maybe the odds aren't great. We pass up 2, 3, 5 or 10 chances to shoot so we can work the sideways ball and try to advance from a 25% chance of scoring to a 25.000004% chance. Same with our play in the middle. When we get the ball and have the chance to transition to attack, what do we do? We slow it down, play it sideways, play it back, start building our little triangle and commence the long process of tip tapping it towards the opposition goal by a process of 12 passes sideways and back for each 1 pass forward. Keep the ball, keep the ball, don't lose the ball.

This is Wenger's terror made into a tactic. He bloody well knows he hasn't the faintest clue how to build a defence. He's never had to do it. Graham and Adams and Bould and then Campbell did it for him. And then those players retired and Wenger had to work in an area he has no clue about. And he brought in a stream of shite and we transformed into the soft touch we see today. So he resorted to keep ball instead. If they can't get the ball then they can't rape our laughable defence. It's fear.

And these are just some of the sick aspects of his game. How can a competitive player excel and how can a team knit together when you have such a horrible set of principles to uphold as a priority? Coward is the word I have consistently used to describe him. A coward on the pitch, a coward in the transfer market. Why didn't we want Kante? Because he wasn't as safe as an Arteta/ Xhaka. Of course Wenger's so past it now he couldn't spot that Xhaka is about as safe as a grenade with the pin out. But he had that tip, tap, tip, tap routine down that must have been attractive for Wenger.

As soon as we bring a new manager in - ANY MANAGER - the team will improve.
    Knee jerk