User Tag List

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures & Watford v Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    If the signings aren't his...shouldn't he be cut some slack? They've been poor in any case, you're right but what else would they do other than hire and fire managers on cue.
    Hard to tell if they are his or not, but if they're not I'm sure he would get some leeway, he doesn't have to play them after all. Morata has been a shocker and I think he was very keen on him (always thought he was useless myself).

Regardless of signings though, to lose to Bournemouth and Watford as convincingly as he has isn't acceptable, the were also very abject against us IMO.

HCZ
    It’s not acceptable but I think Chelsea are the opposite extreme to us.

We don’t sack our manager when we should, they sack their manager at the drop of a hat

Their success has been disjointed because of it, manager has one good season, one bad season and is then sacked

Mourinho deserved it because he was being a cunt and just created a toxic atmosphere, but if Conte is good enough to win thirty games in a 38 game season....sacking him the season after is precipitous and creates more instability

However if it negatively affects Chelsea, I’m all for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From an outsiders point of view he's doing a terrible job, the signings have been poor, the performances very average and now they're getting thrashed by smaller clubs.

Must admit I'm not convinced with him, something just isn't right at Chelsea, their performance against us was really poor, I'd personally get rid of him whilst Chelsea are still well placed, if it carries on they may well drop out of the top 4.

Morata, Giroud are odd signings IMO, they needed a different kind of forward, Aubameyang would have made sense for them, glad they didn't go for him though as we wouldn't have got him otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This always happens at Chelsea. Abramovich is king and the moment you don’t tow the line the writing is on the wall.

They’ll ditch Conte and probably enjoy success after him before repeating the cycle again.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    This always happens at Chelsea. Abramovich is king and the moment you don’t tow the line the writing is on the wall.

They’ll ditch Conte and probably enjoy success after him before repeating the cycle again.
    If they do it’s unlikely to be before the end of the season now

I don’t think there’s evidence of them going into free fall. Watford has to be put in context of playing most of the game with ten men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bournemouth humbled them 3-0 as well though, plus they conceded 3 goals very quickly. Ignoring those two results though, they haven't looked convincing at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post

I don’t think there’s evidence of them going into free fall. Watford has to be put in context of playing most of the game with ten men.
    Well yeah this season is unlikely to yield anything substational for them. They’re never out of the picture for too long though, uncle Roman will buy his way back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post

I tend to agree, but as you indicated, a title gets you a pat on the back but it doesnt get you patience or significant trust.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clear that Roman isn't prepared to spend the big bucks to compete with the spending of the Manchester clubs and now it's up to the club to be self sufficient and stand on it's own two feet.

Sadly I think the way it's going to be the two Manchester out on a limb in terms of financial power: one backed up with the sovereign wealth fund of a state and the other with bundles of cash thanks to their ridiculous commercial power. I suspect us, Chelsea and Liverpool will be on more of an even footing from here onwards with Spurs slightly behind us.