Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    You have to remember that we bought him on the back of his performances at right back. He was converted to a centre back by Arsene.
    I thought it was the other way round? Only last season did we (even then only occasionally) see him at centre back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    We're dangerously low on our homegrown quota having lost Jack, Theo, Ox already and with Welbeck & Ramsey's futures not certain either.

Chambers seems to have enough intelligence & quality to be a decent squad player for us so I'm happy with this.
    Yeah, I've got a lot of time for Chambers - never heard him complain about where he's played, lack of game time, or getting sent out on loan. Just quietly gets on with it.

Easy enough to sort out the homegrown quota with a couple of academy promotions - guys like Nketiah, Nelson and Willock are already hovering around the first team, and we've added Iwobi and AMN to the senior squad in recent years. I don't think we have any real worries there.

Pretty confident Ramsey will sign too - I think a lot of the delays surrounding his new contract are down to him switching agents. Plus at 27, going on 28, this is likely to be his last big contract in his peak years, so he'll probably be negotiating a bit harder than he would have done 4 or 5 years ago...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey can do one as far as I'm concerned. He is not a 200kpw player. We should not be holding out the entire boat and harbour to keep him. No other team in world football would pay him more than 150.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Ramsey can do one as far as I'm concerned. He is not a 200kpw player. We should not be holding out the entire boat and harbour to keep him. No other team in world football would pay him more than 150.
    Ozil is on £300k. Ramsey is the goal scoring midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always felt like Ramsey would be one of those who would potentially benefit most from a better coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Ozil is on £300k. Ramsey is the goal scoring midfielder.
    Ozil isnt worth more than 200k either. but shit like Sterling are already earning 200k so what can be done

How many did Ramsey score anyway 7 fucking goals in the league. Pool are just about to pay Salah 200kpw, go figure
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juve have apparently bid 88m for Ronaldo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Always felt like Ramsey would be one of those who would potentially benefit most from a better coach.
    Dunno. Maybe. He had that one season where he looked like the real deal but hasn't done much since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the one hand pretty happy we're doing our business efficiently this year, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm not bothered that top players are completely out of our budget these days, would be good to get one marquee signing if we could.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm not bothered that top players are completely out of our budget these days.
    What a confusing way to write that sentence