Page 117 of 322 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein has spoken

Arsenal hope to complete Lucas Torreira deal next week. Agreed with Sampdoria & 22yo. Medical + signing imminent - depends if he flies straight from #WorldCup to London or via #URU Finishes 1st team recruitment but a younger player for future also likely before window shuts #AFC https://t.co/LHkXid7Rda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buffon has signed for PSG.

Bit weird.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ever reliable Sky Sources say we are trying to sign N'Zonzi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buffon to PSG makes perfect sense.

He's missing one trophy and PSG are going all out to win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we should get carried away when the signings yet. The current lot aren't anything Unimaginable under Wenger.

The fee for Leno might have surprised but not the player himself. Similarly Sokratis and the Swiss dude.

Torreira would have felt an abberation under Wenger......
    But the top dollar signing of Leno has a huge amount to prove and the jury is well and truly out on him. I'd have liked Banega because of all the names above his actual quality right now is fairly apparent to the eye. He'd have a new league to adjust to but all of the names mentioned do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torreira has been brilliant in the world cup, exactly the kind of disciplined & tenacious defensive mid we've been crying out for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I don't think we should get carried away when the signings yet. The current lot aren't anything Unimaginable under Wenger.

The fee for Leno might have surprised but not the player himself. Similarly Sokratis and the Swiss dude.

But the top dollar signing of Leno has a huge amount to prove and the jury is well and truly out on him. I'd have liked Banega because of all the names above his actual quality right now is fairly apparent to the eye. He'd have a new league to adjust to but all of the names mentioned do.
    Whiskey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post

Qualitywise, maybe not, but the quantity is something new. As is the immediate pinpointing and addressing of problem areas (with appropriate players who might actually make a difference). Take it in context with all the new faces behind the scenes who are making the decisions and you've got to be at least hopeful for an improvement.

Agree about Banega - I think there's still room for an experienced CM in the group, and he looked like a good option. Hope we're still looking there - I'd maybe take that over the bonus winger at the moment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if Wenger would have signed Lichsteiner or Leno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not trying to replicate a PSG model here. I'm not concerned by the names. It's all about how Unai gets this team playing together. It's why we signed him up in the first place. He didn't spend that much at Valencia or Sevilla but still managed to get performances out of players that would earn them a move to a bigger club.