Page 119 of 322 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    I would have liked a winger before the window but now that Perez is staying I suppose we don't need to address that problem anymore.
    Good news re Perez, i'd love to see Unai give him a decent chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Penguin

Those must be the exceptions though. Hopfully hope Leno is too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal and FC Lorient have reached an agreement over the transfer of 19yo midfielder Matteo Guendouzi. The France youth international is expected to have his medical on Monday ahead of the €8m+bonuses move to North London. [@MohamedTERParis] #AFC https://t.co/UDfMnTJOeF

Loads of outlets reporting this. No idea who he is but he's a 6 ft DM apparently. Could be the young player Ornstein hinted at. This probably means no N'Zonzi but this kid is supposed to be good A few have compared him to Rabiot.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Weird Al Yankovic's son?

He was born in Poissy.

I'm sure he's the next Vieira (no idea).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsene Wenger selling Olivier Giroud to Chelsea for him to get some game time and that he’d help France beat Uruguay in the 1/4 finals of the World Cup & that’d see Lucas Torreira exiting the World Cup in order for him to finalize his Arsenal deal.

Big Weng has done it again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Definitely hopeful of improvement me old fruit.....I like the continuous assertions that we will work hard coming out of the club...and I think it would be churlish to underestimate that.

It's partly due to the fact that I hadn't been to a game in bloody ages before Atletico at home....so when I saw Jan Oblak live I just fell in love especially with that save he made. Gutted....absolutely gutted we won't be signing him!
    There's no reason why we can't aim for the Oblaks of this world - we just need to get them before they go to the Athleticos of this world! This is where Sven really needs to earn his corn - I'm happy for him to go for a few easy raids from his old club in his first couple of windows, because we need an instant hit of players who can turn the mentality in the group around, but long-term we need him to be unearthing the worldies before anyone else even knows about them.

If there's anyone we should be chucking money at to pry away from Athletico it's the guy who keeps unearthing all these wizard-good goalkeepers and strikers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Is that Weird Al Yankovic's son?

He was born in Poissy.

I'm sure he's the next Vieira (no idea).
    He's definitely the new Vieira, tbf.

Who is he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Good news re Perez, i'd love to see Unai give him a decent chance
    Ditto - never understood why he was frozen out.

Always looked like a reliable player who could score and create, play central or wide. Probably won't kick up a stink at being rotated, as long as he's a serious part of Emery's plans. Should fit in well with the other attacking players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    There's no reason why we can't aim for the Oblaks of this world - we just need to get them before they go to the Athleticos of this world! This is where Sven really needs to earn his corn - I'm happy for him to go for a few easy raids from his old club in his first couple of windows, because we need an instant hit of players who can turn the mentality in the group around, but long-term we need him to be unearthing the worldies before anyone else even knows about them.

If there's anyone we should be chucking money at to pry away from Athletico it's the guy who keeps unearthing all these wizard-good goalkeepers and strikers!
    I agree....

However I do think something around the 70 million mark for a world top 3 (IMHO) goalkeeper aged 25 is a fair price. Fair is of course a relative word here. But alas....I'll concede that our budget of a few packet of frosties, werthers orginals and some magic beans will only go so far.

I've recently gotten off the fence and feel Kasper S at Leicester is a top goalie too.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A family friend of mine’s son has just been signed up to the youth squad so I am told.

He is supposed to be signing a contract shortly, he used to play for Portsmouth under 21’s.
    His name is Will Heywood, GK. He is only 20 but is already not far off being 7ft tall !!

He said he has already done some training with Nelson and AMN

I hope the information I have been given is true, I guess we will have to wait and see