User Tag List

Page 12 of 322 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Arsenal planning exit for Arsene Wenger THIS summer if they don't qualify for Champions League https://t.co/1WbdQVR2r3

Ivan
    Club are considering an early decision over his future to avoid uncertainty

Could just as easily mean he's getting a contract extension. Sounds like Ivan wanted him out last time, but Wenger ran and hid behind Stan.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Could just as easily mean he's getting a contract extension. Sounds like Ivan wanted him out last time, but Wenger ran and hid behind Stan.
    That makes the assumption that Kroenke cares more about Wenger than money

If Gazidis can convince him a) that it won’t cost him too much and b) that it won’t require him to do anything. He may well sign off on it

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I suppose ethically that should be the way but with so much money at stake it's not easy to be so forgiving.

Abramovich is a lot of things but he's clearly a football man and frankly if I'd ploughed a billion into a club I'd want to ensure it remains competitive every season.
    It’s not about ethics or sentiment

It’s about stability

And fact is Chelsea for all their money haven’t retained a league title in over a decade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    It’s not about ethics or sentiment

It’s about stability

And fact is Chelsea for all their money haven’t retained a league title in over a decade
    No one has since Fergie anyway. 2 titles in 3 years or 2 back to back, it’s all success to me regardless of the perceived instability.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    No one has since Fergie anyway. 2 titles in 3 years or 2 back to back, it’s all success to me regardless of the perceived instability.
    And how many would they have won if they’d given a manager time to create a team. Mourinho understandably can’t be kept too long, he’s essentially mentally ill (depending on whether you can classify an acute personality disorder as mental illness). But how many of the managers they chucked could have created a dynasty given time?.

And again I think only a team with Chelsea’s money can get away with this destabilisation effect

City give their managers time (Mancini had almost four seasons, Pellegrini had three) and I think as I’ve said that’s the optimum time. City have wavered here and there but they’ve qualified for the Champions league every season since 2011.

They haven’t won back to back titles no. But I think they are pretty well set up to do so now....unfortunately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger doesn't seem to be getting the run of the luck like he usually does. Zim's right.

Lacazette has just got injured which leaves us with Welbeck as our main striker in Europa. That hugely hampers our chances.

For a manager that dined on luck and good fortune, he seems to be getting none of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Wenger doesn't seem to be getting the run of the luck like he usually does. Zim's right.

Lacazette has just got injured which leaves us with Welbeck as our main striker in Europa. That hugely hampers our chances.

For a manager that dined on luck and good fortune, he seems to be getting none of it.

Tbf, we're getting the shit luck. He's getting 10 million quid.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see a reason why they'd extend it. The writer of the article points out that we're due for kit sponsor negotiations and us being out of the Champs League weakens our position for a better deal with Nike or Adidas. We said that on here last season.

Also, with the new appointments Ivan has made and their impressive records, they should already have Kroenke's respect and admiration. It's the whole moneyball philosophy Wenger practiced that drew Stan to Wenger in the first place. Two new younger guns with recent evidence of success should add more ammo to Ivan's arsenal.

It's going to be an interesting summer. Carlo Ancelotti was at the NLD watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not getting my hopes up.

Was convinced he was leaving last season. How he managed to get an extension is beyond me.

He's going nowhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just checked tickets

Östersunds at home - sold out

He's going nowhere