Page 121 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I like Maguire but let's not go that overboard for him.

Honestly think Chambers & Holding can be just as decent with the right setup & coaching.
    Time will tell, personally don't really rate Chambers or Holding, Maguire though looks like a old fashioned CB and has been top notch for a while, he's been getting rave reviews at Leicester.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Time will tell, personally don't really rate Chambers or Holding, Maguire though looks like a old fashioned CB and has been top notch for a while.
    I don't rate Chambers or Holding, they seem a bit lightweight.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time will tell, personally don't really rate Chambers or Holding, Maguire though looks like a old fashioned CB and has been top notch for a while, he's been getting rave reviews at Leicester.
    He's had his share of stinkers for Leicester this season as well in amongst the decent performances. And Keown was right about his lack of mobility though it's not going to be that much of an issue if you're playing three at the back compared to the typical Wenger setup where the CB's are left exposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I don't rate Chambers or Holding, they seem a bit lightweight.
    I agree, Chambers is a right back anyway, that's where he played his 22 games at Southampton, what made us think we could turn him into a CB? Holding was plucked out of a lower division from a side that got relegated, there's no real evidence he's any good. It reminds me of the Jenkinson signing, people were raving about him for a while until they realised he was not much good.
    Last edited by Özim; 09-07-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    He's had his share of stinkers for Leicester this season as well in amongst the decent performances. And Keown was right about his lack of mobility though it's not going to be that much of an issue if you're playing three at the back compared to the typical Wenger setup where the CB's are left exposed.
    I think Maguire is pretty mobile to be honest so I disagree, Keown has been raving about him as well incidentally.

I'd prefer us to be play a 4 at the back and move away from 3 CB's, if we have good enough players a back 4 works perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, Chambers is a right back anyway, that's where he played his 22 games at Southampton, what made us think we could turn him into a CB? Holding was plucked out of a lower division from a side that got relegated, there's no real evidence he's any good. It reminds me of the Jenkinson signing, people were raving about him for a while until they realised he was not much good.
    I think we ruined chambers by playing him out of position when we had a lot of injuries and not enough cover. He scored a lot of OGs at that time, his confidence was shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to change the majority of the young players that had to play under Wenger. Ruined psychologically, physically (most are injury probe) and none have matured tactically. Every last one of them were tactically naive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Hard to change the majority of the young players that had to play under Wenger. Ruined psychologically, physically (most are injury probe) and none have matured tactically. Every last one of them were tactically naive.
    I agree, they've had to conform to certain methods, train a certain way, be played out of position, often players whose confidence is ruined never comeback to what they were before. I personally think we needed to start again in a number of departments, I'm not convinced many of these players can recover/adapt to the new methods, this wasn't some normal club where managers came and went, one guy was here for 22 years deciding everything.

Not a surprise the guy still doesn't have a job despite these reports that everyone was after him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juve are very close to signing Ronaldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Juve are very close to signing Ronaldo.
    33 year old 44 goal has been tbf.