User Tag List

Page 124 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juve are doing it to win the CL, to be the best you have to buy the best and the guy is clearly that, goals galore at every level and in every league he plays in. Expect he'll score a shedload more for Real and further prove rather than staying in the comfort zone.

Credit to him, could have stayed at Real where he's already a legend, but instead he chooses to move on and try to prove himself elsewhere, that's what stands him apart from the others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure how much credit he deserves for getting a massive signing on fee and, possibly, a pay rise.
    100m+ for a 33 year old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’m not sure how much credit he deserves for getting a massive signing on fee and, possibly, a pay rise.
    100m+ for a 33 year old
    He doesn't need the money and was on a shedload at Real, he could have stayed in the comfort zone as Messi has, it would have been the easy route. At Juve he has to prove himself again by scoring goals, it's clearly the harder path.

There's a lot of pressure on him at Juve now, they want to win the CL and expect him to help them deliver them. Say what you like but this guy doesn't rest on his laurels, he's constantly tryng to push himself.
    Last edited by Özim; 10-07-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is naive in the extreme to think simply because you are good enough you will surpass all those around you. If that were the case players will never leave clubs they love.

Yes AMN has to compete but we have gone from no CDM's to having 3 within a 3/4 year age range. Then they have to mix in with Xhaka, possibly Ramsey and others. He's almost better off on loan at this rate. But hey....if Emery doesn't think too much of him despite his contract maybe there's hope he doesn't actually think much of Xhaka!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I think we have the budget to spend £70m on a goalkeeper. We’ve had a couple of seasons where we’ve spent £90m-£100m and the money didn’t come from player sales. But how many times can we afford to do it each season before the wage bill starts to swell to a ridiculous amount?

Our aim is to be like an Atletico or Dortmund in terms of transfer policy and strategy. If a rival club signs a player for peanuts but is able to sell them on for money that can amount to teams transfer budget for the whole year, we just have to chalk it up to a loss and move on. So early in Emery’s career, it makes no sense to allow him to spend that much on a player.

Klopp wasn’t given that sort of money until he had proven what he can do. I’d totally agree with spending a massive amount on a player if it’s clear we 100% need that player because we’re missing out on major trophies because of one or two key areas, but that’s not our position.
    I think we have the money for a 100 million budget. I simply think we have self set it at 50-70 million. If we signed Oblak and he is a top keeper for 10 years then it's money well spent. It's also not a gamble quality wise as his quality is as obvious as any and we've faffed around with keepers far too many years.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Matteo Guendouzi official.

https://twitter.com/Touchofozil/stat...15938325041152

Sven & Huss
    How come they haven’t officially announced him as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He doesn't need the money and was on a shedload at Real, he could have stayed in the comfort zone as Messi has, it would have been the easy route. At Juve he has to prove himself again by scoring goals, it's clearly the harder path.

There's a lot of pressure on him at Juve now, they want to win the CL and expect him to help them deliver them. Say what you like but this guy doesn't rest on his laurels, he's constantly tryng to push himself.
    That's been my argument for Ronaldo. He's proven himself at Utd, Madrid and helped win a Euro with Portugal.

I would have liked to have seen Messi move outside of his comfort zone and do something similar. We' ve seen it happen before with players like Shevchenko and Kaka. Great success at one club but fail to replicate that form with another club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think Messi will ever leave Barca really and if he does it will only be to earn a mega pay packet in somewhere like America when he’s washed up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi doesn't have anything to prove either tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I think we have the money for a 100 million budget. I simply think we have self set it at 50-70 million. If we signed Oblak and he is a top keeper for 10 years then it's money well spent. It's also not a gamble quality wise as his quality is as obvious as any and we've faffed around with keepers far too many years.
    £70m on a keeper is too much and especially for a club in our position. That's a world record fee on a keeper and more than double on the current record.

Not trying to devalue the role of a keeper but for me, this isn't the area where I'd want us to spend the bulk of our transfer money. Not for a new manager joining a club and trying to forge a new identity on our style of play. Nobody starts off by building around the keeper.